PDA

View Full Version : Welcome your *NEWEST* moderator!

_____V_____
01-09-2015, 08:59 PM
I give you the newest addition to the moderation team.

Please rise and put your hands together for...

CHEEBACHEEBA!

This was my last job as super-mod. I am stepping down from all moderating/administrative duties, effective immediately.

vampyd1977
01-10-2015, 02:03 AM
awww sorry to hear that, you still gonna be floating about entertaining us? :)

cheebacheeba
01-10-2015, 02:40 AM
Wait, what happened there?

hammerfan
01-10-2015, 04:30 AM
I give you the newest addition to the moderation team.

Please rise and put your hands together for...

CHEEBACHEEBA!

This was my last job as super-mod. I am stepping down from all moderating/administrative duties, effective immediately.

Is anyone stepping in?

MichaelMyers
01-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Who has admin powers now? Heavy weighs the crown, apparently....

Thanks for the new smiley btw...::devil::

sfear
01-10-2015, 06:10 PM
Bummer! I now remember how I felt when I heard The Beatles were breaking up. Some things should just never end.::sad::

cheebacheeba
01-11-2015, 03:28 AM
Well guys, I'm not really sure how or why this has happened.
I know some of you, though it's been quite some time since I've been an active member. I never really left, and always check in, but yeah...at this point in time it's definitely the least active I've been here in a while.

Not sure what happened with V, as he hasn't sent me any kind of correspondence.
I have to admit I'm not certain about any of the things I can, or I'm supposed to be able to do...it appears from looking that I can edit posts, merge things, hand out infractions, and that's about it.

Unsure if there's any kind of expectations, requests or whatever.
I can't say I'm going to frequent the place a hell of a lot more than I currently do, but I'll try to stick my head in here and there, join the odd discussion and I don't know, try to stop any overflow of BS.

If there's any suggestions, feel free to put them in here or message me.

Angra
01-15-2015, 02:42 PM
If there's any suggestions, feel free to put them in here or message me.

Yea, could you make this thread a sticky?

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65544

ImmortalSlasher
01-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Odd that V would just take off. I liked those events that I participated in.

Angra
01-15-2015, 10:32 PM
Yea, could you make this thread a sticky?

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65544

Thanks to whoever did it. ::smile::

Angra
01-16-2015, 05:49 PM
V has banned himself, wtf???

What the hell is going on here? ::confused::

The Villain
01-17-2015, 06:01 PM
No offense to Cheeba but it seems like to be a moderator around here you have to be a member whose barely here

cheebacheeba
01-17-2015, 06:03 PM
None taken.
Hey, I agree with you. I imagine I'll be doing precious little here except for maybe being in another time zone, if I happen to come across some issues at times others aren't available, I may be able to act on them.
I see where you're coming from though, but it's not like I applied or anything...

The Villain
01-17-2015, 06:08 PM
None taken.
Hey, I agree with you. I imagine I'll be doing precious little here except for maybe being in another time zone, if I happen to come across some issues at times others aren't available, I may be able to act on them.
I see where you're coming from though, but it's not like I applied or anything...

Oh i know that, my post wasn't supposed to be directed at you. Just something i noticed. NE's gone, ChronoGrl's never here anymore, I can't remember the last time i saw Fortunato. Straker's here every once in awhile and does anyone even know who Zwoti is?

V's random return and then disappearing act was just strange. He said he only came back to appoint a new moderator but if so why did he try to continue some of his incomplete threads?

Anyway i'm sure you'll do a good job and at least it was someone whose been here for awhile.

Angra
01-17-2015, 06:20 PM

Actually you did. It's just a long time ago now. ::wink::

And you doing precious little might be enough to keep this place running as HDC has been a calm and friendly place for quite some time now.

cheebacheeba
01-17-2015, 08:22 PM
does anyone even know who Zwoti is?
He was just one of us posters, I think he was posting in here a bit before me...though we're talking about, like turn of the century type time when I signed up in my original incarnation, though yeah, I think he stopped frequenting the site even before I did, and you can see how long since I've been properly around.
As I recall he was the first to get any kind of moderator status around here.
Could be wrong though.

Actually you did. It's just a long time ago now
Hm, ok. Probably for vindictive purposes if it was back in the day...darth whatever, few issues with some guy sedatedsomething...may have thought it would be fun.

And you doing precious little might be enough to keep this place running as HDC has been a calm and friendly place for quite some time now.
Well yeah, about that much is planned.
Though yeah while I can try to stick my head in a little more, I can't say I'm going to be running comps or anything like that. I'll probably just try to keep things tidy, unspammy and somewhat trouble free if I can.

Angra
01-17-2015, 10:46 PM
Well yeah, about that much is planned.
Though yeah while I can try to stick my head in a little more, I can't say I'm going to be running comps or anything like that. I'll probably just try to keep things tidy, unspammy and somewhat trouble free if I can.

And that ought to be enough.

If you go all in as moderator you just risk burning out like the rest of them.

hammerfan
01-18-2015, 03:44 AM
No offense to Cheeba but it seems like to be a moderator around here you have to be a member whose barely here

I had the same thought. I offered to be a mod.....you see where that led. ::stick out tongue::

Straker
01-18-2015, 04:24 AM
Straker's here every once in awhile...

If its any consolation, I log in probably 5 or 6 times a week, but I only post when I have something I want to say. That's how its always been with me too... If anyone has an issue that needs a moderators attention they can PM me and I will most likely respond inside 48 hours.

For the most part we have an awesome community that pretty much takes care of itself and these days with facebook and twitter and all the other ways people interact online, forums really aren't all that popular. Most of the Mods are long time members who were, at one time or another, regular posters. They do their best, but life moves on and often so do they. With the lack of any kind of administration, development or direction for this site, its always going to be on the brink of disappearing, so personally, I'd just make the most of it while its here.

The Villain
01-18-2015, 09:24 AM
If its any consolation, I log in probably 5 or 6 times a week, but I only post when I have something I want to say. That's how its always been with me too... If anyone has an issue that needs a moderators attention they can PM me and I will most likely respond inside 48 hours.

For the most part we have an awesome community that pretty much takes care of itself and these days with facebook and twitter and all the other ways people interact online, forums really aren't all that popular. Most of the Mods are long time members who were, at one time or another, regular posters. They do their best, but life moves on and often so do they. With the lack of any kind of administration, development or direction for this site, its always going to be on the brink of disappearing, so personally, I'd just make the most of it while its here.

That wasn't an insult to you just so you know. I meant it more as you're the only one i see around here. Hell i'm not here much anymore either so i'm not really one to comment, its just how it seemed to me.

DeadbeatAtDawn
01-18-2015, 11:57 AM
I refuse to let the 'Forum' die. I feel it will return again, everything old becomes new again.

I dislike FaceBook groups, they are lazy. In a forum it's more intimate, {as intimate you can get on the internet} conversations develop. You can also showcase a great film, your favorite film, and start amazing conversations about it. Post pictures, trailers, information and really give it star treatment, like a film deserves.

I started my own Forum, 2013, it will be 2 years old this Feb. I have 400 members in which{outside my mods and admins} I have about 7 members that post everyday, regularly. It's gonna take a long time to establish a following. I'm not giving up.

::love::

Straker
01-18-2015, 12:04 PM
That wasn't an insult to you just so you know.

I know, I didn't take it that way either.... Just wanted to let people know that even when I haven't got much to say I still stick my head in here most days to see what's going on. ::cool::

vampyd1977
01-18-2015, 01:58 PM
I know, I didn't take it that way either.... Just wanted to let people know that even when I haven't got much to say I still stick my head in here most days to see what's going on. ::cool::

i come on sereral times a day, i love being part of this community, as long as theres horror to be watched, read and listened to i`ll be here.

Angra
01-18-2015, 03:02 PM
as long as theres horror to be watched, read and listened to i`ll be here.

Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.
Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there.
Wherever liberty is threatened, you will find...
The Three Amigos!!

MichaelMyers
01-25-2015, 06:25 AM
Now I can slowly begin catching V's post count.

Oh and don't think he's gone. So long as "Marley's Ghost" is still floating around...::EEK!::

It is somewhat ironic that it's often the moderators who need moderation! ::big grin::

The Villain
01-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Now I can slowly begin catching V's post count.

Oh and don't think he's gone. So long as "Marley's Ghost" is still floating around...::EEK!::

It is somewhat ironic that it's often the moderators who need moderation! ::big grin::

I thought Marley's Ghost was Newb

MichaelMyers
01-25-2015, 11:59 AM
I thought Marley's Ghost was Newb

newb is/was a lot of things but a poet...?

anglewitch
01-26-2015, 12:06 PM
V has banned himself, wtf???

What the hell is going on here? ::confused::

Yeah what the hell !!!!????

MichaelMyers
01-26-2015, 01:22 PM
Now hearing from a reliable source that ALL of the moderating team has collectively decided to leave HDC....and will not return!

This is now an unmoderated forum.

Cat's away... ::devil:: ::devil:: ::devil:: ::stick out tongue::

Straker
01-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Now hearing from a reliable source that ALL of the moderating team has collectively decided to leave HDC....and will not return!

http://i.imgur.com/iUwYf96.gif

Angra
01-26-2015, 11:50 PM

Ridiculous..

I do believe Straker and Cheeba will be around for a little while longer tho.

anglewitch
01-27-2015, 11:18 AM

Awe man what the hell!!! We got to at least have someone keeping the peace on the forum. (sniff) ::sad::

anglewitch
01-30-2015, 06:32 AM
Man, I guess all the moderators are tied up in a broom closet in the dark corner of what we call the twilight zone.

ImmortalSlasher
01-31-2015, 09:54 AM
Strange. Did all the moderators start a Facebook group? It's just strange how people left this place without reason for who knows where.

MichaelMyers
01-31-2015, 10:32 AM
Strange. Did all the moderators start a Facebook group? It's just strange how people left this place without reason for who knows where.

It's like we woke up one morning and they vanished. A good recipe for a horror ::devil::

Angra
01-31-2015, 10:49 AM
It's like we woke up one morning and they vanished. A good recipe for a horror ::devil::

And it looks like they took Roshiq with them. Assholes.. ::mad::

anglewitch
01-31-2015, 12:16 PM
And it looks like they took Roshiq with them. Assholes.. ::mad::

Yeah, it looks as if they weren't going to leave empty handed.

vampyd1977
01-31-2015, 01:19 PM
surely an unmoderated forum is just asking for trouble?? this could be carnage.

Angra
01-31-2015, 02:23 PM

Relax, there's still mods around lurking.

anglewitch
02-01-2015, 07:54 AM

Yeah like I said a few posts ago, WHO IS GOING TO KEEP TO THE PEACE ON THE FORUM!!!! Where the heck is that chabacheeba when you need him.

Hello!! Get you butt back on the forum same goes for all you other moderators!!!

hammerfan
02-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Told them they shoulda made me a mod ::devil::

vampyd1977
02-01-2015, 11:41 AM

too right

MichaelMyers
02-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Hey what about me. I will have been here 13 years this October. People born when I registered are now entering high school. ::big grin::

But I don't want the power. My belief is there is a curse associated with being a HDC mod. Several have died (e.g., krpoprain, zwoti) and others disappear into thin air (e.g., ElGato, the most recent "vanishing"....).

anglewitch
02-02-2015, 07:17 AM
I would make a terrible moderator so don't you dare elect me! ::danger::

anglewitch
02-02-2015, 07:33 AM

Oh so your gonna disappear to now huh.

The moderators are disappearing like fairies.

::shocked:: ::shocked:: ::shocked::

anglewitch
02-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Why don't they elect myers or bloofer lady as moderator or something.

ImmortalSlasher
02-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Reading posts has to get old. I remember the old days of IRC. That was fine until too many people joined up for silly reasons.

It would be nice if the moderators said if they were creating a new area or getting ready to clean this place up and restart it.

Angra
02-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Why don't they elect myers or bloofer lady as moderator or something.

Coz they're not here anymore, remember? ::roll eyes::

::stick out tongue::

anglewitch
02-03-2015, 03:01 AM
Coz they're not here anymore, remember? ::roll eyes::

::stick out tongue::

yes they are, bloofer sent me a recent message from yesterday, and myers has replied on one of my threads.

::stick out tongue::::stick out tongue::::stick out tongue::

anglewitch
02-03-2015, 03:05 AM
Reading posts has to get old. I remember the old days of IRC. That was fine until too many people joined up for silly reasons.

It would be nice if the moderators said if they were creating a new area or getting ready to clean this place up and restart it.

Yeah probably.

Just had a thought, lets keep this thread on until at least one of the moderators comes back so we can stop running around like chickens who have lost there eggs.

Straker
02-03-2015, 04:32 AM
Just had a thought, lets keep this thread on until at least one of the moderators comes back so we can stop running around like chickens who have lost there eggs.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/01/confused.gif

MichaelMyers
02-03-2015, 04:47 AM
The Stroker is a mod and will keep the trains running on time till the others return.

anglewitch
02-03-2015, 07:48 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/01/confused.gif

Your right, my bad.

The Stroker is a mod and will keep the trains running on time till the others return.

My bad again. OUCH! these my bads are killing me today!

vampyd1977
02-03-2015, 01:46 PM
ive been mod and admin on other sites, its definitely time consuming, just removing spambots used to take up half my day lol.

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 04:03 AM
Just had another thought, my dad did this once he vanished from the forum and replaced himself with a different profile, would that be something V would do?

MichaelMyers
02-04-2015, 04:14 AM
Just had another thought, my dad did this once he vanished from the forum and replaced himself with a different profile, would that be something V would do?

You trying to tell us something Warlock? ::wink:: ::stick out tongue::

Yes, he has another profile (not banned) whose name is Marley's Ghost.

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 04:25 AM
NEW IT!!!

Straker
02-04-2015, 04:26 AM

Marley's Ghost is Newb. ::wink::

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 04:30 AM
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH WHICH IS WHICH! ::confused:: ::confused::

Angra
02-04-2015, 06:46 AM

Doesn't matter. Neither are here anymore. ::smile::

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 07:12 AM
No sh++! ::roll eyes::

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Is the meeting adjourned?

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 10:37 AM
GOING ONCE.....

GOING TWICE......

SOLD TO NO ONE OUT THERE IN THE BLUE!

Vampy I know your out there. lol

vampyd1977
02-04-2015, 11:29 AM
im always here, like a bad smell, i lurk when noones expecting me then.....boom out i pop.

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 11:56 AM
LoL. You don't stink one just knows when your coming. ::big grin::

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Just noticed something ever since the moderators disappeared the EDIT button in the lower right hand corner does not vanish after 30 minutes. Now it just stays there.

I'm sure that you guys already noticed that though.

vampyd1977
02-04-2015, 12:44 PM
Just noticed something ever since the moderators disappeared the EDIT button in the lower right hand corner does not vanish after 30 minutes. Now it just stays there.

I'm sure that you guys already noticed that though.

yeah it was last think done i think before v left, its so people can edit the watched movies list for the full year.

anglewitch
02-04-2015, 12:47 PM
Ah I see.

anglewitch
02-05-2015, 02:25 AM
I don't know why but this will be a perfect time to say this on this thread.

(in demonic sound) SAVE OUR SOULS!

The Villain
02-05-2015, 05:24 AM

I tried telling him that. Maybe Myers is V

MichaelMyers
02-05-2015, 05:29 AM
I tried telling him that. Maybe Myers is V

Maybe the "V" stands for "Villain"? ::stick out tongue::

anglewitch
02-05-2015, 05:31 AM
Naaaa. Cant be Myers, V didn't care much for me.

anglewitch
02-05-2015, 05:32 AM

HAHAHA! Good one! ::stick out tongue::::stick out tongue::

anglewitch
02-05-2015, 01:39 PM
lets change this thread it has ran its course.

The Villain
02-05-2015, 05:13 PM

HAHAHA! Good one! ::stick out tongue::::stick out tongue::

Maybe all of us are V

::shocked::

anglewitch
02-06-2015, 02:23 AM
Maybe all of us are V

::shocked::

I could safely say I and the rest of the forum are not V. So now all the fingers are pointing at you. ::stick out tongue:: ::big grin::

The Villain
02-06-2015, 05:03 AM
I could safely say I and the rest of the forum are not V. So now all the fingers are pointing at you. ::stick out tongue:: ::big grin::

Maybe the whole world is V

anglewitch
02-06-2015, 07:40 AM
Maybe the whole world is V

Yeah we have a bunch of floating Vs around the world. I saw one on a swing the other day.

anglewitch
02-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Man this reminds me of a song by Fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJAlIHsXcLY

You can rate it if you want.

ImmortalSlasher
02-06-2015, 10:10 AM
I guess someone could test if we still have moderators by posting a horror nude scene image or video. But I don't want to get banned.

anglewitch
02-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Great idea. They will not resist removing it.

Monkey Astronaut
02-08-2015, 02:31 AM
Any word on why _V_ left?

anglewitch
02-08-2015, 06:07 AM
Asked villain and he said " its a long story".

DR. DOOM
02-08-2015, 08:12 AM
A forum without moderators, now this is interesting.

Straker
02-08-2015, 08:40 AM
A forum without moderators, now this is interesting.

The forum is still being moderated. ::wink::

MichaelMyers
02-08-2015, 09:49 AM
I guess someone could test if we still have moderators by posting a horror nude scene image or video. But I don't want to get banned.

Tournament of best horror sex scenes. My vote goes to Evil Dead...::devil::

The Villain
02-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Asked villain and he said " its a long story".

I also just don't feel like it's my place to say since i wasn't involved.

I find it kinda strange how a bunch of new members who havent even been here that long are complaining about no moderators

anglewitch
02-08-2015, 10:47 AM
I also just don't feel like it's my place to say since i wasn't involved.

I find it kinda strange how a bunch of new members who havent even been here that long are complaining about no moderators

CORRECT! But it is still ridiculous not to have any moderators (besides straker) on the forum, so that is going to draw some attention.

The Villain
02-08-2015, 10:49 AM
CORRECT! But it is still ridiculous not to have any moderators (besides straker) on the forum, so that is going to draw some attention.

Cheeba's a moderator too

anglewitch
02-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Yeah but he is never here.

DR. DOOM
02-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Cheeba's a moderator too

Oh so you do have some kicking around

Angra
02-08-2015, 09:34 PM

Only if you keep bringing it up.

anglewitch
02-09-2015, 04:11 AM
Your right I'll shut up.

anglewitch
02-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Oh so you do have some kicking around

Yeah.

cheebacheeba
07-20-2015, 05:34 AM
I'm here a little more often than I've been in a while.
Which...I guess, is a lot more than a lot of people with the position are/have been from what I've observed.
I've never been one to post competition forums or really start a lot of new threads, but I pop in occasionally to discuss movies, help with questions that come my way, talk about comics and games - so while I might not seem the part of moderator, I'm still around, I'm now at least checking in daily (or nightly, to you USA folks) so if I see anything that needs addressing, or have any questions or issues bought to my attention, they'll be acted upon.

hammerfan
07-20-2015, 08:45 AM
Did you ever find out how to make me a moderator?

cheebacheeba
07-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Sent this guy horror a message....well, about THAT long ago...same reply as usual. Eg - Waiting on that.

hammerfan
07-21-2015, 03:44 AM
Sent this guy horror a message....well, about THAT long ago...same reply as usual. Eg - Waiting on that.

I don't think you'll ever hear from him, I think he's jumped ship.

anglewitch
01-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Well, I hope you will become a moderator.

hammerfan
01-10-2016, 03:04 AM
Well, I hope you will become a moderator.

I've been a moderator for a few months now. ::smile::