PDA

View Full Version : Question on An American Werewolf in London

metternich1815
09-25-2014, 08:01 AM
The other day me and ChronoGrl were watching An American Werewolf in London and, in the film, it establishes that the victims of the werewolf exist in limbo until the wolf's bloodline is severed. I was wondering exactly what made the main character a werewolf, but not his friend or victims. Did he just not bite his victims? If that's the reason, why do you think that is? So, what are your thought?

newb
09-25-2014, 08:12 AM
because they were dead

metternich1815
09-25-2014, 08:15 AM
because they were dead

So, if you survive, you become a werewolf? That makes sense, didn't really think about that.

The Villain
09-25-2014, 08:35 AM
So, if you survive, you become a werewolf? That makes sense, didn't really think about that.

That's how I've always understood Werewolf lore

metternich1815
09-25-2014, 09:06 AM
That's how I've always understood Werewolf lore

Yeah, I, honestly, did not think of that. It makes sense as, in most cases, werewolf attacks are brutal, so the person does not usually survive. When they do, they would obviously become a werewolf. In the case of this film, the attack was interrupted and the wolf killed preventing it from finishing off the main character. They would also have to be bitten too, correct? If the person was just scratched, they would not become a werewolf. "Whoever is bitten by a werewolf and lives will become a werewolf himself" The Wolf Man (1941).

anglewitch
09-25-2014, 10:14 AM
villains right, in order to become a werewolf you have to be wounded by a werewolf not killed. I have spent 15 years studying monsters and their history if you have more questions you know who to talk to.

Anthropophagus
09-26-2014, 01:41 AM
The other victims who are in limbo are indeed dead.That`s why no-one else but David can see them.

ChronoGrl
09-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Yeah, similar to zombies, right? They can either kill you or if you just get bitten, then BAM! You're a zombie!

hammerfan
09-26-2014, 05:34 AM
Yeah, similar to zombies, right? They can either kill you or if you just get bitten, then BAM! You're a zombie!

I think even if you die from a zombie attack, you're still coming back as a zombie. Look at all the zombies with no legs or arms.

metternich1815
09-26-2014, 05:49 AM

I think even if you die from a zombie attack, you're still coming back as a zombie. Look at all the zombies with no legs or arms.

Yeah, I agree with hammerfan, you can die and still become a zombie. There are a number of zombie films that do not even require you to be bitten, all you have to do is die.

horcrux2007
09-26-2014, 06:41 AM
I've always wondered what zombies are thinking about.

hammerfan
09-26-2014, 06:49 AM
I've always wondered what zombies are thinking about.

Their next meal

horcrux2007
09-26-2014, 06:50 AM
Their next meal

Jeez, I started laughing in class and everyone started staring at me::big grin::

hammerfan
09-26-2014, 06:53 AM
Jeez, I started laughing in class and everyone started staring at me::big grin::

LOL!

Baron Von Marlon
09-26-2014, 07:39 AM
I think they applied the same to vampires (Lost Boys?).
Vampire drinks all your blood, you die.
Vampire drinks some of your blood, you become a vampire.
I remember it being like this until some said you had to drink their blood to become on (Interview With The Vampire).
Makes more sense otherwise there would be to many vampires and not enough prey.

anglewitch
09-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Well Baron it works like this with vampires, vampires they have to infect your blood sells by mixing their blood with yours. If they drink all your blood they cant contaminate it.

Ferox13
09-26-2014, 01:58 PM
^wrong

ChronoGrl
09-26-2014, 02:12 PM

Good point. I've seen Return of the Living Dead! :danger:

Sculpt
09-26-2014, 03:05 PM
Of course different movies/stories adjust the rules.

Like in Horror of Dracula, the victim gets some of their blood sucked out over a series of nights, and if not stopped, this leads to "undead" or being a vampire slave to Drac. Other films go with that as well. I think Bram Stoker's Drac did as well.

The werewolf victims in limbo I think is a new thing in American Werewolf.

neilold
09-30-2014, 12:18 AM
people don't immediately turn to vampires when the director conveniently does a long and often drawn out, 'let me prove my love by rescuing the girl before she turns' type story

tfantasy
09-30-2014, 01:27 AM
Of course different movies/stories adjust the rules.

Like in Horror of Dracula, the victim gets some of their blood sucked out over a series of nights, and if not stopped, this leads to "undead" or being a vampire slave to Drac. Other films go with that as well. I think Bram Stoker's Drac did as well.

The werewolf victims in limbo I think is a new thing in American Werewolf.

Agree!! I have seen sooo many different types of vampire movies where the techniques were changed a bit.