PDA

View Full Version : Horror.com favicon

Father Fitz
06-07-2004, 04:58 AM
I had mentioned this at the end of another thread, but decided to bring it up here instead...

Someone please tell me why this site doesn't have a "favicon"...Maybe there could be a contest for the forum members to design and submit a favicon for Horror.com to use. Personally, I think the three red "slashes" under the logo would make a good favicon. Anybody game for this?

Father Fitz
06-07-2004, 08:49 AM
No one interested in a favicon for this site? Maybe some people here just don't like them but I find they're handy for your IE Favorites menu...just a thought. :D

cheebacheeba
06-09-2004, 06:23 AM
MAYBE you should shut the fuck up...

(Just a thought)

Arioch
06-09-2004, 07:25 AM
what exactly is a "favicon"...?

cheebacheeba
06-09-2004, 07:49 AM
It's an attempt at getting some attention...
This is the same clown who crashed my thread.

kpropain
06-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Father Fitz
I had mentioned this at the end of another thread, but decided to bring it up here instead...

Someone please tell me why this site doesn't have a "favicon"...Maybe there could be a contest for the forum members to design and submit a favicon for Horror.com to use. Personally, I think the three red "slashes" under the logo would make a good favicon. Anybody game for this?

massacre man
06-09-2004, 01:37 PM
i love that bunny

kpropain
06-09-2004, 01:42 PM
My bunny kicks ass.....

Bunny > you

massacre man
06-09-2004, 03:44 PM
i do not deserve to be in the same thread as the bunny

Father Fitz
06-09-2004, 07:19 PM
cheebacheeba writes:

It's an attempt at getting some attention...
This is the same clown who crashed my thread.

It's amazing the astounding ignorance of this individual...Sophomoric retorts like this why I have people (like "cheebacheeba") in my "ignore list".

For the rest of you who don't know what a "favicon" is: If you use Internet Explorer and take a look in your favorites menu, you will see that some sites have their own tiny icon to the left of the link name, instead of the standard lower case "e" for Internet Explorer. These icons are commonly referred to as "favicons".

The suggestion was for the site to have a contest to see who could come up with the best favicon for this website. The whole contest idea was directed more towards the artistic horror fans who visit this site and want to have a favorable impact on or make an improvement to this site...cheebacheeba's kind obviously can't afford to direct or focus any attention anywhere but inward and will consistently remain juvenile, stagnant and bitter because of their own shortcomings, no matter what they do or say to convince themselves (or anyone else) otherwise.

cheebacheeba
06-09-2004, 07:50 PM
"It's amazing the astounding ignorance of this individual...Sophomoric retorts like this why I have people (like "cheebacheeba") in my "ignore list"....

Yes, he's claimed to have had me on his ignore list for some time now. Funny how he still somehow saw what I posted, isn't it?
What would that be "Ignore List LIGHT"?

Oh yeah, and guys...if this asshole should post a bunch of his bullshit (like the cut'n'paste-a-page-of-a-totally-unrelated-book act he did in my thread) allover YOUR threads, be careful what you say, because if you complain about it, he may pretend to have you on ignore too!
Seems that's what he does after he says something condescending, claims he's "the better man", and shuts up, while in fact monitoring your every post with his tail between his legs.

Yeah, not much of an obvious 'lil loophole you got happening, is it?
Here's a few tips:
Don't crash peoples threads with irrelevant garbage.
Don't get all defensive when people react badly to it.
Don't start an argument you don't have the balls and/or ALLEGED intelligence to finish...

Oh yeah, and don't claim to have people on ignore right after you've basically replied to something they've said, it makes you look like a fucking MORON, and if you're going to call somebody astoundingly ignorant, make it yourself. You know nothing about me, and your statements are indicative of that, if I were the ignorant one, I'd be the one making bullshit statements like yours.

Father Fitz
06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
When you're done being aggressive for no apparent reason, cheeba cheeba, and you have something interesting to say, I'll listen. Until then, rant and rave and try to defend yourself all you like. Oh, and thank you for proving my point. Enjoy yourself and have a great day.

cheebacheeba
06-09-2004, 08:27 PM
So I'm not on ignore then? such a surprise...

I have no interest in making this an ongoing argument, I simply want you to acknowledge the fact it is not cool to just come in, and post a bunch of irrelevant bullshit on somebody elses thread.

I'm not trying to defend myself at all, I don't need to, my actions are totally justified.

Anybody in here who knows me, also knows that I don't just start in on people for "no apparent reason".
If the reason I was displeased with you isn't apparent enough, allow me to make it abundantly clear for you.

1 - The first thing I ever saw you do in here was trash my thread, the one in the games area. You know the one, it was when you first pretended to ignore me, ah, the memories...
Sure, I might've been a little surly about it, but I had cause, then you had to start in with the "you're family must be proud, as you've turned out just as big an idiot as them" shit, and had the nerve to question MY originality.

Other than that, you hadn't really pissed me off until...

"It's amazing the astounding ignorance of this individual"
- No basis whatsoever, making YOU more worthy of that description.

"cheebacheeba's kind obviously can't afford to direct or focus any attention anywhere but inward and will consistently remain juvenile, stagnant and bitter because of their own shortcomings, no matter what they do or say to convince themselves (or anyone else) otherwise."
- Again, you have no idea what my "kind" is, and the statement above DOES seem little complex a description for the immediate analysis of another person, especially one who you know as little about as me...In fact, it seems more like an inward reflection of your own problems.

and
"When you're done being aggressive for no apparent reason, cheeba cheeba, and you have something interesting to say, I'll listen. Until then, rant and rave and try to defend yourself all you like. Oh, and thank you for proving my point. Enjoy yourself and have a great day."

HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO EVADE RESPONSIBILITY??

And in closing, I thought I'd point out that this isn't a rant, as I'd have attempted to discuss these things with you, had you not claimed I was on ignore, wouldn't I?

kpropain
06-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Cheebs or B- doesn't usualy fuck with people but in this case ....

Father Fitz
06-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Not to kick a dog when it's down but...What you may have seen or thought of as "irrelevant bullshit" might not have been seen in the same light by me. Your constant imposition that no one is allowed to "trash your thread" is ridiculous. I had no such intention and made no first-move to lash-out at you or anything you said. If you'll recall correctly, YOU lashed out at me first. I'm not the type to do such a thing and I only return it when it happens TO me.

My comment about "astounding ignorance" was justified: Why on earth would I have the need to "cry out for attention" when all I was suggesting was something cool for this site? Surely you enjoy being here, as do I, and my sole intent was to suggest something FUN to do for the forum members. Is that such a bad thing? No, it isn't.

Okay, see, now THIS is where we differ, cheebacheeba: I WILL readily admit that my assumtion about "your kind" was a little out of line, and I do apologize if I offended you. Thus far, you haven't made nor have you inferred any admittance to being unnecessarily aggressive and insulting. None.

Whatever makes you think that I'm avoiding "responsibility" is beyond me. Since when do the members of this forum have to bow to you? Are you someone of great importance here, moreso than any other? I think not. This is a forum for horror fans, not a congressional inquiry.

When I initially mentioned that you were on my "ignore list", you WERE. But, as I'm sure you know, forum users have the ability to read posts from people on that list regardless. Tonight, my curiosity got the better of me and I'm glad it did. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this interesting banter about who did what to whom.

Finally, cheebacheeba...I think this has gotten stale rather quickly. I'm not interested in arguing with you anymore and I will happily say that "I'm sorry" if I've offended you (even here, in this post). I'm not asking or expecting you to do the same but just know that I don't have any ill-will against you. I might be a new member to this forum but it certainly doesn't mean that I can't or won't defend myself when someone levels hostility towards me (i.e., your needless and wanton use of profanity). I think we'd both benefit from dropping the subject (this disagreement), especially when you realize that not only are there bigger problems in the world, there's also a hell of a lot more fun and interesting things to be discussing. Agreed?

cheebacheeba
06-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Agreed.
Yes, I lashed out. Since you've apologised about your assumptions, I'll throw an apology your way for immediately lashing out at you.
My reaction to what you posted was only to express my point.
Your posting may not be irrelevant in EVERY sence of the word, but it WAS out of context in the thread I was referring to.
BTW - The "cry for attention" thing was a joke, I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way...

*Hand shake*
- We're done here.

Father Fitz
06-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Ditto on the handshake...and thank you for being articulate and making sense. Most people I've run into [in forums] who lash out at people (for whatever reason) usually don't have the gall or intellect to properly explain or justify their actions...

However, we're not "done here":

How about the suggestion for a favicon for this site? DO you think it's a good idea and who would we contact about it? Should (or could) we start a poll on the idea to see who's in favor of it, or would that be a waste of time? What's your opinion?

cheebacheeba
06-10-2004, 08:41 AM
I'm personally not all for it myself. But, I don't see it doing any harm either, and if there IS members on here that want it, it's worth suggesting.
As for suggesting, in itself that may be a problem - the guys SN is "horror", and apparently, he's supposed to be running this thing...
Only thing is, he's not, really. Even the two "moderators" on here seem to have problems getting things across to him.
So yeah, Gooood fucking luck, man.

Father Fitz
06-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the info, cheebacheeba. I kinda had the same thought about the way these forums are "run" (ineffectively at times, it seems). I guess I'll just try to find "horror" when I have the time and run the idea past him.

Thanks again.

KRUGERKID13
07-07-2004, 12:52 AM
can we make the bunny the official mascott of horror.com

kpropain
07-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
can we make the bunny the official mascott of horror.com

No he's my bunny and you can't have him...

massacre man
07-07-2004, 07:24 AM
ok the mascot will be the pancake

friday13thfan
07-07-2004, 07:30 PM
this thread is gay

zwoti
07-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by friday13thfan
this thread is gay

agreed.

ShankS