PDA

View Full Version : new slasher bad guy?

MARK MYERS
06-04-2004, 05:16 AM
when is anyone going to make a slasher for this generation a new one a new person????any ideas anyone or any info if there are?

ShankS
06-04-2004, 06:36 AM
give me a carving knife.... I'm up for it.

StaggerLee
06-04-2004, 06:56 AM
does this generation even deserve a boogieman of their own? I think the horror movie gods are punishin' us for all that shit that came from the 90's ( Scream and all that I mean) and they're not going to give us a new slasher...

MARK MYERS
06-05-2004, 02:38 AM
there has to be a new slasher because it has been ages since a new decent one hate it or rate it scream made millions! unfortunatley its a terrible film.

Three Nil
06-05-2004, 03:18 AM
Out of bad guys, take your pick from "House of 1000 corpses", none of the other "new bad guys" can stand up to these guys ;)

thEsounDofdirT
06-05-2004, 06:01 AM
actually.. i have a hobby of writing screenplays.. and i've been working on a good killer... his name is Jacob Thin... i could possibly post about it if anybody would like

massacre man
06-05-2004, 06:33 AM
do it do it!

Vampenguin
06-05-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by massacre man
do it do it!

Yes please!! I have a good one too, I might post bout him......Eddy Vega's his name

Arioch
06-05-2004, 09:50 AM
We will never get a new slasher......there wouldn't be enough cg in it:rolleyes:

thEsounDofdirT
06-05-2004, 10:37 AM
yea. it's so hard to even think of a new slasher... when you think about it.. there shouldn't be another one... but i'm still trying to invent an "infamous character"... like i said.. i'll post about it some day... i have all kinds of stuff written .. almost complete character development and background.. just a little iffy on the killing method

KRUGERKID13
06-05-2004, 09:28 PM
even if they came out with a new one it would be a ripoff of an old one hollywoods ran outta ideas like crazy

jay o2 waster
06-05-2004, 10:29 PM
hey, maybe it will be the killer from gore's film

dawgcatchah
06-06-2004, 12:47 PM
The sad thing is that people kind of attempted it with movies like the Scream Trilogy, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend, etc. However, these new age "slasher" films are no good in comparison to the slashers of the 80's because they barely have identities. Scream used a different killer in every movie for christ's sake. A true horror fan loves seeing Jason Voorhees or Freddy Krueger come back from the dead to torture and destroy because we have developed a kind of morbid attachment to these characters and, in some cases, almost feel sorry for them. Was Jason really evil? I mean, guys, they let him drown and then they killed his mom, the only person he had in the world! Because we are made to hate the new age slashers, we don't care if they die or never come back, which I feel is a large reason why these series of films never go past like three. And so, if anybody out there is going to think about starting up a new super slasher film series, they should analyze the psychological attachment of the audience when developing the character.

thEsounDofdirT
06-06-2004, 01:14 PM
the character i'm working on ... jacob thin is supernatural... he was born as a gift from a set of evil gods (need to work on their names and origin) to his father... his father was a murderer of mothers and rapist of their children... his father prayed to his gods for a child that would have hands capable of wielding death... there is a scene where he's praying for this actually... sitting covered in blood, surround in ceremonial candles and such and the camera pans to show his pregnant wife, bloodied and beaten - passed out on the bed.. this is just a flashback type scene... as a child, he had his face cut off by his father... maybe i'll type more later

dawgcatchah
06-06-2004, 01:18 PM
That sounds pretty intense.

massacre man
06-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by jay o2 waster
hey, maybe it will be the killer from gore's film
that would be pimpin

the shape 2004
06-22-2004, 04:15 AM
captain howdy would've been a good one.
a tattoed freak interested with cheating death
with a taste for blood and pain.
not only did he died once he died twice.
i been working on writing a screenpaly with a friend of mine and so far we have supernatural doings.
i really want a character like that.

alixzander
06-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by thEsounDofdirT
the character i'm working on ... jacob thin is supernatural... he was born as a gift from a set of evil gods (need to work on their names and origin) to his father... his father was a murderer of mothers and rapist of their children... his father prayed to his gods for a child that would have hands capable of wielding death... there is a scene where he's praying for this actually... sitting covered in blood, surround in ceremonial candles and such and the camera pans to show his pregnant wife, bloodied and beaten - passed out on the bed.. this is just a flashback type scene... as a child, he had his face cut off by his father... maybe i'll type more later
i like that. keep going with it. where are the writers like you when hollywood needs em.

Vodstok
06-22-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm doing something novel.... I'm writing a screenplay about a serial killer, rather than a slasher.

I hope to make people cry :)