PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Plaguewind
06-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Weird question, but... Why do you guys like horror? I meanWhat do you guys like in horror, what draws your interest in the style?

Freddy Krueger.
06-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Horror is what I LOVE. The excitment you get while you watch some killer chase after a helpless victim. Not knowing when and/or where he will get him/her. I can't really explain why. I guess 'cause I've been watching it since I was a wee lad.

Sam The Egg
06-03-2004, 08:11 PM
various reasons. I can pretty much narrow it down to two.

Number a) Because a lot of them are either really cheesy or so bad they're good, and it's fun to watch those.

Second) I watch the good ones because it's SO easy to make a really shitty horror movie, and so hard to make a good one, that when a great one comes along then it's a little bit better

cheebacheeba
06-03-2004, 08:14 PM
I like witnessing creativity in any given form.
Horror covers a darker side of creativity largely unfocussed upon in everyday life.
It's an art, and if somebody can scare you with violent imagery and twisted ideas, or simply by introducing a thought to you that you'll ponder to the extent that it gets under your skin...the artist has accomplished something beautiful.
It makes one realise they're alive.

Sam The Egg
06-03-2004, 08:19 PM
In addition to the other reasons (And the MAIN reason): I love movies. The movie love overrules the other two reasons

orangestar
06-03-2004, 08:21 PM
I Love all movies. They are my passion, and they give me an identity. Around here, Im "the movie girl". Horror movies have the added quality of satisfying everyone's primal desire to watch death and violence. It gets your adrenaline going, and you get addicted to that.

last bad move
06-03-2004, 09:51 PM
i like horror because it makes you seem smarter

you always know where the killer is, what to do, where to go ect

well thats pretty much bullshit i dont really know why i like horror i just love it

KRUGERKID13
06-03-2004, 09:53 PM
I like horror because its kind of an outlet for what i feel (I'm not trying to make people think im trying to act crazy).

Its kind of like what James Woods said in Videodrome "better on tv then on the streets"

last bad move
06-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
I like horror because its kind of an outlet for what i feel (I'm not trying to make people think im trying to act crazy).

Its kind of like what James Woods said in Videodrome "better on tv then on the streets" i like that good opinion KRUGERKID13 i cange my opinion to what he said

KRUGERKID13
06-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks LBM i was hoping everyone wasnt going to think i was just acting tuff

last bad move
06-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
Thanks LBM i was hoping everyone wasnt going to think i was just acting tuff i dont think so i get what your saying, i feel the same way horror is a release. if that makes any sence.

KRUGERKID13
06-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Yeah i get what your saying

Have you seen Cronenberg's Videodrome it has an excellent morall to it plus its a great movie

bwind22
06-03-2004, 10:26 PM
I like horror movies because they usually show boobies!

wufongtan
06-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Plaguewind
Weird question, but... Why do you guys like horror? I meanWhat do you guys like in horror, what draws your interest in the style?
I don't, i just pretend to watch it to act tough. I sit there and go cross eyed till everything is blurry, and stick me fingers in my ears