PDA

View Full Version : Horror Films #scriptchat

anicat
10-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Hey everyone!

A little too late for anyone to join in the main conversation now, but this week's #scriptchat discussion on twitter was all about Horror.

It's an industry chat that takes place every Sunday from 8-9pm EST.

If any of you are interested to read the conversation, just look up #scriptchat on Twitter, its all there. Producers, writers, etc all join in and it's a lot of fun.

Here's a few random tweets I pulled out:

"Not a big fan of gore, more about fright, mind games.... I don't need to see everything, my imagination works. #scriptchat"

"Gore is also a game of moving goal posts as audience expectations change over time. #scriptchat"

"INSIDIOUS was under $1m, PURGE was $3m. Think cheap, even if you have a theatrical release in mind. #scriptchat"

"That's what horror messes with-- our psychology and sense that we do not have control of our world #scriptchat"

"Horror is meant to make you uneasy. For horror in today's world, keeping it simple may be a script's biggest asset. #scriptchat"

"Tip: A good Horror movie should have you still looking over your shoulder after the movie is over... #scriptchat"

"@chasffisher Horror is about survival, and the best lays it alongside thriller. It takes a safe place and makes it dangerous. #scriptchat"

:)