PDA

View Full Version : Funhouse (1981)

metternich1815
06-13-2013, 05:52 PM
I have been looking for some new horror movies to watch and I have heard Funhouse (1981) mentioned a few times. I was wondering what anyone's thoughts on this film were(assuming you have seen it)?

Angra
06-13-2013, 08:44 PM
To me it was just mediocre.

Anthropophagus
06-14-2013, 06:14 AM
I love it,in fact i watched it only a few weeks ago.It isnt gory so forget that but for good old fashioned slashing it is a great movie.

Elvis_Christ
06-14-2013, 08:13 AM
To me it was just mediocre.

Yeah I found that too. Been meaning to check it out again to give it another chance.

I think Eaten Alive was the best thing Hooper did after The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Quite fond of Lifeforce as well.

metternich1815
06-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah I found that too. Been meaning to check it out again to give it another chance.

I think Eaten Alive was the best thing Hooper did after The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Quite fond of Lifeforce as well.

I have actually seen Eaten Alive and, I too, thought it was pretty good, even if it was cheesy. As for Tobe Hooper, in general, I also really loved Poltergeist (1982). I will probably watch Funhouse anyway, I do thank everyone (who has posted so far) for their input.

newb
06-14-2013, 06:18 PM
Not a bad watch at all. Not gory but it does have atmosphere.

and a nice shower scene

if you're into that

I'm not but you may like that sort of stuff

ya know

Anthropophagus
06-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Not a bad watch at all. Not gory but it does have atmosphere.

and a nice shower scene

if you're into that

I'm not but you may like that sort of stuff

ya know

Rrrrrright,i believe you,although most won`t. :D

xX_StarChild_Xx
06-16-2013, 01:45 PM
I have not seen it, though it has piqued my interest, especially after this post. Tobe Hooper is quite a hit or miss director in my eyes.

Poltergeist would have to be my favourite of Hooper's films, though I think it may well be a stretch to call that one a Tobe Hooper film, as Speilbergs fingerprints are all over that bastard.

Anthropophagus
06-17-2013, 05:05 AM
Poltergeist is a great movie but lets be honest here,it is for the young ones,a family film and not scary at all.There is too much humour for it to be an all out horror movie.But like i said,it is still a great flic.

Funhouse however is mostly played straight,aside from a few jokes here and there.It is an old fashioned slasher and hardly any gore but i truly love this movie.

Kandarian Demon
06-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Poltergeist is a great movie but lets be honest here,it is for the young ones,a family film and not scary at all.There is too much humour for it to be an all out horror movie.

Hmm, I don't agree with that, except I think it's a matter of taste. I don't find very many movies truly scary, but "Poltergeist" is one of them.

By the way, honestly I've always considered it a Spielberg movie. Especially because it has so many elements of "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" in it - it's as if those two movies take place in the same "universe".

sleepaway
06-17-2013, 09:27 AM
I've always really liked Funhouse. The book is really good also, expands on the screenplay a great deal.