PDA

View Full Version : Which Horror Movie Figure traumatized, or scares you the MOST?

H3orH3D_Script4U
02-21-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm a younger PUP to a point, so I'm sure there will be classics, I don't know.

But truly for some reason, the one that scared me the most when I was young, was CANDYMAN. Would not say it in the mirror, period!

I Still hesitate on saying the last CANDYMAN in the MIRROR !!! :D

OK maybe FREDDY, NO escaping that one! MICHAEL I know I could avoid if I stay away from LAURIE and HADDONFIELD and really just not get in his way. JASON, well I really don't like camping anyway. LEATHERFACE, I know I can out run him easily!

But truthfully I would run like a little girl from everyone of them! :eek:

DAMN, PINHEAD is pretty good to. I truly don't know the answer to my own question! :D

MichaelMyers
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I feel I could defeat most of those you list.

H3orH3D_Script4U
02-21-2013, 03:18 PM
LOL! Had a feeling you would say that.

FREDDY, I guess I never seen MICHAEL sleep, so that meeting might not happen, but he's too fast for MICHAEL I think.

CANDYMAN, never heard MICHAEL talk, so that meeting probably wouldn't happen either. Think MICHAEL would win that one though.

LEATHERFACE, yeah MICHAEL would take him.

JASON, That one would be the most interesting, and I would call it a toss up, but I lean alittle towards JASON there.

PINHEAD, can't give you that one! He's a little TOO MUCH! :p

MichaelMyers
02-21-2013, 03:29 PM
LOL! Had a feeling you would say that.

FREDDY, I guess I never seen MICHAEL sleep, so that meeting might not happen, but he's too fast for MICHAEL I think.

CANDYMAN, never heard MICHAEL talk, so that meeting probably wouldn't happen either. Think MICHAEL would win that one though.

LEATHERFACE, yeah MICHAEL would take him.

JASON, That one would be the most interesting, and I would call it a toss up, but I lean alittle towards JASON there.

PINHEAD, can't give you that one! He's a little TOO MUCH! :p

Michael could outwit Jason. I predict a draw.

H3orH3D_Script4U
02-21-2013, 03:38 PM
touche, I think I smell another voting TOURNAMENT! Battle of Horror figures.

Jason vs. Michael, then Freddy vs Pinhead, then Candyman vs. Leatherface.

someone will have to do it. I might, if others say it sounds good. :confused:

neverending
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
The Tall Man

newb
02-21-2013, 05:39 PM
http://rocknrollghost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/henry.jpg

It's the ones that can really exist in this world of ours that scare me the most

Straker
02-22-2013, 07:46 AM
http://www.top10films.co.uk/img/Jaws_The-Unseen-Monster_shark-dorsal-fin.jpg

Robot Whale
02-22-2013, 07:53 AM
Regan from The Exorcist for sure. The over all atmosphere in that movie is what does it for me.

horrorfangirl66
02-22-2013, 09:31 AM
Got to go with Pennywise from IT. Watched it when I was young so he scared me a lot more.

Ice Pik
02-22-2013, 07:11 PM
As a child I would say Chucky. I had an older sister who had like 4 foot dolls. I always wondered if one of them were truly alive.

The only thing else was I think it was Ghouls two when the little monster came out of the toilet. It did kinda make me take a crap a lot faster thinking there was something that might get me. One time a palmetto bug crawled out from under the inside of the toilet and scared the sh*t out of me....litterly...lol.

I guess as a child really nothing fased me. I watched all of the 70's and 80's horror films with my mom and the 50's and 60's with my dad and nothing really gave me nightmares.

Rela1024
02-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Regan from the Exorcist when she became fully possessed and rising off of beds...the demonic voice scared me too...I still can't watch it without looking away

Robot Whale
02-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Regan from the Exorcist when she became fully possessed and rising off of beds...the demonic voice scared me too...I still can't watch it without looking away

Same. Only movie to ever have that effect on me.

ImmortalSlasher
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Freddy - I didn't want to go to sleep after watching the original Nightmare on Elm Street. And the version on TV was cut too.

Jason - I try my best not to think of Jason when I'm in the woods. And I'm certainly not messing around with any girls in the woods. There was a time when Jason started to became a bit of a joke and entertaining. But when he actually showed up in one of my dreams and I couldn't get away. It wasn't a joke anymore. I woke up in a cold sweat after getting an axe to the face.

KrimsonKing
02-24-2013, 01:35 AM
Gunnar Hansen's portrayal of Leatherface in TCM stands head and shoulders above any masked killer with a butcher knife, for me at least. Hansen prepared for the role by spending time in an aslyum until no-one could tell the difference twixt him and the real inmates. He brought to that character a sense of pathos which only makes Leatherface even more terrifying. His role remains the most convincing portrayal, not only of that character, but of any movie villain.

The film was released in 1974. All these years on, no-one has surpassed Hansen's performance of the horror archetype that has come to be known as "the masked killer".

Geek
02-24-2013, 01:42 AM
I can honestly say no Horror Movie Figure has ever kept me awake or particularly scared me that much.

I did freak a bit as a 12 year old when I woke up in the night (i had a black and white bunk bed, and a cabinet full of porcelain dolls) I thought Samara from The Ring was stood watching me. This was a few days after I'd watched the movie and that did freak me out.

I did manage to find a nearly deserted camp site that had a Friday the 13th essence to it.. but I LOVED that.

Wishmaster
02-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Dr Decker and Peloquin from Nightbreed, Pinhead, Skeksis from Jim Henson's Dark Crystal (I don't care what they say, this was a horror film).

H3orH3D_Script4U
03-02-2013, 08:32 AM
http://rocknrollghost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/henry.jpg

It's the ones that can really exist in this world of ours that scare me the most

HENRY !!! (Amazing Man / Amazing Actor) = that mind of his, might be scarier then any role he portrays !!!

If I was voting for a winner it would go to NEWB !!!

The real, MAN IN THE MIRROR is way more terrifying then anything the mind can imagine.

That's why I'm so scary, because when I look in the mirror all those fictional guys could exist in that brain of mine at one point in time, ahh the fragile human mind !!!

But mine is a little mushier then others. :D

Mervzilla
03-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Freddie from the very 1st “a nightmare on Elm Street” was a pretty terrifying dude. From the 2nd movie on, he was a shallow, one-liner. It was a shame really. It seems that whenever Hollywood sees something truly terrifying, everyone has to put their fingers in it and make it asinine.

For me, Jaws really scared the hell out of me. It made me not go past my knees in the water, at the beach, for years.

If were talking about slashers, for some reason I always had an affinity for Jason Voorhees. I'm not sure why.

Fulg HoarAR
03-16-2013, 09:57 PM
any movie with creepy kids, village of the damned, the others, the sixth sense, children of the corn (1984), yeesh they make me wanna sit on an x-ray machine and welcome sterility...

Kandarian Demon
03-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Kane, the "evil priest" from Poltergeist 2! I think the reason is that it was his acting that made him frightening, and not so much special effects or makeup. It made him seem more realistic to me, which made him much more threatening. That scene where he tries to get the family to let him into the house... it makes my blood freeze.

The Villain
03-17-2013, 06:35 PM
When i was a kid, nothing scared me worse then Chucky from Child's Play.

Now i'd probably go with the guys from Hostel or similar people like that. Being captured and tortured to death sounds pretty terrible.

Shemonsterdevil
03-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Chucky. I was exposed to that movie way too young and all of my friends dolls scared me. I've always been a small person and when I saw child's play the first time i was put sized by my size Barbie. Bit h got baricaded in the closet before bed at sleepovers ill tell you that. I think its burned into my psyche even now. Im almost hundred years old now I still have Chucky dreams and I realize it's totally illogical because I watch the movies and it's ridiculous but since I've been sleeping alone....im like f Chucky

Tony Vilgotsky
04-03-2013, 08:10 AM
The Creeper was the most scary horror movie character for me - and not in very young age. He shocked me twice, respectively in the original movie and in the sequel.

Bob Gray
04-03-2013, 08:46 AM
In the past it would have been Michael Myers or Freddy Kruger, now it would be some jack-ass with a rifle shooting up the movie theater I'm in.

metternich1815
06-14-2013, 09:08 AM
In the past it would have been Michael Myers or Freddy Kruger, now it would be some jack-ass with a rifle shooting up the movie theater I'm in.

The second part of your sentence sounds like the killer from Targets (1968), except that it was a drive-in, instead of a traditional theater. As for scariest villain, Freddy scared me when I was a kid, but today there really aren't that many that scare me today. Mainly because the type of movies that scare me are ghost, demonic possession, and alien (especially abduction). I was never really that scared of the movie The Exorcist. This does not mean that there aren't any older movies that did not scare me. The Haunting (1963), The House of Usher, The Amityville Horror, and The Changeling (1980) all scared me (or at least creeped me out pretty good and this was only a year or two ago). It is just that The Exorcist never did.

tiff_vicki_bride
07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
honestly i watched some fucked up movies from human centipede 1 & 2 all the way to some random thai horror flick that I watch with subtitles. honestly the most stupidest ones scared me like the clown from Stephen king's It and Samara from the ring when she reveals her face when she comes out of the TV I had to watch that movie like over a dozen times before I got the courage to even look at her face and then after when I did I like almost shit my pants :eek: !! :p

knife_fight
07-10-2013, 08:32 PM
One of the first movies that I can vividly remember watching on home video was the original "A Nightmare on Elm Street" (1984). I was still a little kid, and I have no idea why my parents let me watch it.

I didn't sleep for weeks.