PDA

View Full Version : Odd Request

Rossdxvx
01-22-2013, 10:32 AM
I have an odd request. First of all, I am looking for some horror movies with creepy, dark ambient/industrial type of soundtracks. Just really weird/strange industrial sounds. I don’t really care how good or bad the movie is, I am sampling material from these movies for a dark ambient project that I am doing and I am searching for some weird sounds/effects.

Second, I was wondering if any of you could suggest any good horror movies that take place in a desert setting. It could be the American southwest or the Australian outback. Please don’t suggest Wolf Creek or The Hills Have Eyes because I have already seen them both.

Thanks!

Fearonsarms
01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Try

Eraserhead
Sinister
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

MichaelMyers
01-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Creepshow

zShPgP-2l8s

Fearonsarms
01-22-2013, 11:00 AM
^That's a good one.

Here's another:-

M4DHif2GQrU

Fearonsarms
01-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh and for horror movies in a desert there's a load here:-

http://buried.com/horrormovies/keywords/Desert/

There's a bit of dark sci-fi on there too if you don't mind that :)

Rossdxvx
01-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Try

Eraserhead
Sinister
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)

I've already done Eraserhead and practically all of Lynch's movies. Did the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, too. I will check out Sinister, though. Never heard of that.

Any other suggestions? I'm looking for stuff that may have slipped between the cracks or is lesser known. Just anything with some really creepy/unsettling ambience.

Rossdxvx
01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Oh and for horror movies in a desert there's a load here:-

http://buried.com/horrormovies/keywords/Desert/

There's a bit of dark sci-fi on there too if you don't mind that :)

Thanks. I will check that out.

Fearonsarms
01-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I've already done Eraserhead and practically all of Lynch's movies. Did the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, too. I will check out Sinister, though. Never heard of that.

Any other suggestions? I'm looking for stuff that may have slipped between the cracks or is lesser known. Just anything with some really creepy/unsettling ambience.

Try these soundtracks:-
The Beyond
City Of The Living Dead
The Church
Irreversible
Tetsuo The Iron Man
The Keep
Anthropophagus
Nekromanitik

Rossdxvx
01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Try these soundtracks:-
The Beyond
City Of The Living Dead
The Church
Irreversible
Tetsuo The Iron Man
The Keep
Anthropophagus
Nekromanitik

I already did Tetsuo and Irreversible. I thought about Nekromanitik, so I will look into that. I guess that what I am looking for specifically is the sort of eerie Industrial/Ambient sounds of a Akira Yamaoka soundtrack. I have already sampled Silent Hill extensively, but I also know that those sort of sounds have made it into many modern horror movies, so I am looking for that kind of vibe specifically. Wolf Creek sort of had that vibe. So did this movie called Nightstalker from 2002 with Danny Trejo (which is horrible), but those are the kind of sounds that I am looking for. The movie doesn't have to be great, just have an interesting soundtrack/sound design.

I will check out some of those other movies that I haven't heard of before, though. In any case, thanks again. This seems like a really nice community. Maybe I will stick around a while.

Bob Gray
01-23-2013, 06:55 AM
As far as horror movies set in the desert I would include John Carpenter's Vampires, Near Dark, From Dusk Til' Dawn, Route 666, Stephen King's Desperation, House of 1,000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects, Tales from the Crypt Demon Knight, Feast, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Duel, and The Forsaken are the only ones I can think of.

Ice Pik
01-25-2013, 04:48 AM
tremors
Highway of hell