PDA

View Full Version : Mama

TheSilverBeetle
01-19-2013, 01:23 PM
I just saw Mama last night and I thought it was alright. It had some decent scares and a decent plot that reminded me a lot of Scary Stores to Tell in the Dark. Anyone else see it yet? Thoughts?

Eddie.sin
02-01-2013, 06:31 PM
I saw it last night. I agree with you, very original. I liked the whole "raised in the wild" premise. Was an awesome film. One of the greater recent horror films.

The Horror fan
02-02-2013, 01:04 AM
I am hearing a lot of good thinks about this and these John Dies at the End/ American Mary!

Some one already told me that
The Haunting in Connecticut 2 is already out online same as ABC of Death.

:eek:

Still need too see Cold Fish, Red state, The Collector and sequel, excision, The Divide, Prometheus, The Grey,Grabbers,Chernobyl Diaries

Ice Pik
02-02-2013, 05:10 AM
I hear good things about Mama, really want to see this.

Also Red State was good movie. Not as crazy and vulgar as most kevin smith movies but still a really good movie.

KittenInTheBrain
02-08-2013, 07:53 AM
I saw it and enjoyed it, but I would never classify it as a horror film- it was a pure, traditional fairy tale. From the feral girls to warring mother figures (one vicious, one reluctant) to the bittersweet ending- I really like that a big budget movie with a fantastic cast would meld originality and classic storytelling like that.

Angra
02-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Nothing special..

The Horror fan
02-13-2013, 09:12 AM
looks good

jack88will
03-06-2013, 12:09 AM
This movie is to scary.

Mervzilla
03-06-2013, 06:19 AM
I saw the previews and thought it looks cool. I personally sworn off movie theaters since they started showing television commercials before the movie, and people just cannot stop playing with their cell phones during the movie. I'm not paying $12 a person to put up with this kind of behaviors.

I will however purchase the movies on DVD or Blu-ray when they come out. In the end, a $20 DVD or Blu-ray is cheaper than the theater, and I don't have to put up with the shenanigans.

I intend on buying this movie when it's released. The clips I saw of the girls when they were feral look really freaky.

Geek
03-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Watched Mama today. It has an imteresting concept but the director really needs to take on a partner for his projects. I'm not saying hes not talented but his films are always good at the start and tend to go a bit naff at the end when he loses interest as itt seems.

The film would be more enjoyable if we saw a bit less of mama i think as we found it more comical than anything else when she popped up.

I agree that its more of a fairytale than a horror movie.

Angra
03-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Watched Mama today. It has an imteresting concept but the director really needs to take on a partner for his projects. I'm not saying hes not talented but his films are always good at the start and tend to go a bit naff at the end when he loses interest as itt seems.

The film would be more enjoyable if we saw a bit less of mama i think as we found it more comical than anything else when she popped up.

I agree that its more of a fairytale than a horror movie.

It's the directors first full length movie. I don't know what other movies you refer to?

Geek
03-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Oops!

I was thinking of Guillermo Del Toro, but he's not infact the director he's the producer!

The films I was thinking of were such as Pan's Labyrinth, it's really interesting until suddenly it's like he just wants to get it over with.

Anyway as I said, maybe the director could have done with a bit of help for this one, it had a very similar feel to that I mentioned of Pan's Labyrinth. Doesn't mean the director isn't talented.

Straker
03-10-2013, 07:04 AM
Oops!

I was thinking of Guillermo Del Toro, but he's not infact the director he's the producer!

The films I was thinking of were such as Pan's Labyrinth, it's really interesting until suddenly it's like he just wants to get it over with.

Anyway as I said, maybe the director could have done with a bit of help for this one, it had a very similar feel to that I mentioned of Pan's Labyrinth. Doesn't mean the director isn't talented.

I know you got your directors confused but I still kinda hate the idea of Del Toro bringing in a directing partner for any of his movies. The guy has such a clear vision for his films that it really wouldn't work out well at all. Pan's Labyrinth is also pretty amazing throughout. He pretty much owns everything he does, which is totally how it should be.

Geek
03-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Well entirely in my own opinion i dont think he does that well. It gets to a point where he quite honestly cannot be bothered. I guess its each to their own and im not going to tell you what to think because everyone has a different taste. I just personally dont think hes very good at keeping his films very consistant

JasonLuck
03-11-2013, 08:11 PM
This movie was average really, 6.5/10 at best. Good concept, poor execution.

WyattHorror
03-18-2013, 05:47 AM
The only problem I had with MAMA was throughout the whole movie the audience never got a perfect look at her, so it was always the question of what she completely looks like. This gave her an eerie feeling because it was she was so quick it was hard to get a good look. Then came the ending.. The ending to me caused this movie to go down in the books as one of the best. It was too heartfelt and slow