PDA

View Full Version : Currently on FEARNET

neverending
12-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Decided to check out Fearnet, since I hadn't in a while, and it's currently playing a surprising variety. Items of note:

Chillerama
Frankenfish (haven't seen it but it sounds interesting)
Mirrormask
Canterville Ghost (classic comedy with John Geilgud)
Creeping Terror (Grade Z horror from the 60s)
Fido (excellent zomcom will Billy Connolly)

Also, in the extras section I checked out a couple shorts that had me in stitches:

A ZOMBIE CLAYMATION - it's pretty rough, but it's short and over the top

BRUTAL RELAX - on the advice of his doctor a gentleman goes to the seaside for rest and relaxation, with strict orders to remain calm at all costs. Things don't go well when the beach is attacked by otherworldly creatures from the sea. Over the top gory, with nonstop action, I loved this 15 minutes of insanity. Highly recommended.

ChronoGrl
12-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Funny you should post this; I've actually been itching to watch Mirrormask recently; have seen that one in a while. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Thanks for the heads up on the shorts, too - Will have to check them out sometime this weekend!

newb
12-27-2012, 08:02 AM
yeah...thanks for the info

will be checking out Canterville Ghost (classic comedy with John Geilgud)
Creeping Terror (Grade Z horror from the 60s)

and the shorts....I love claymation

neverending
12-27-2012, 10:30 AM
You may not make it through Creeping Terror- it's really one of the worst movies ever.

Do check out Brutal Relax though - it's really funny.

newb
12-27-2012, 10:40 AM
You may not make it through Creeping Terror- it's really one of the worst movies ever.

Do check out Brutal Relax though - it's really funny.

Is that the one the "rug monster"....if so I've already watched that up to the dance hall scene....yeah...it was one of those "so-bad-it's-good" kinda movies. Beer is required for your viewing pleasure

ChronoGrl
12-27-2012, 10:59 AM
HA - Brutal Relax was a blast; that's how I feel when people try to disturb me at home with work stuff.

A Zombie Claymation was such a blast!! Reminds me of this one:

6d-tNXxTRBA

neverending
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I remember this one. It's actually better.

neverending
07-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Fearnet currently has a selection of Asian horror- 7 or 8 films. I love when they do that. Battle Royale is there. I just watched one called Kyofu, which was crazy- it mixed experimental brain surgery, found footage, ghosts, suicide, and a cosmic creeping terror creating one bizarre movie. Only the Japanese could do this. I recommend it.

Giganticface
07-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Fearnet currently has a selection of Asian horror- 7 or 8 films. I love when they do that. Battle Royale is there. I just watched one called Kyofu, which was crazy- it mixed experimental brain surgery, found footage, ghosts, suicide, and a cosmic creeping terror creating one bizarre movie. Only the Japanese could do this. I recommend it.

Sounds like its right up my ally. Thanks for the tip.

ChronoGrl
07-06-2013, 04:12 PM

I'm pretty interested in this - I've read the description a few times and an intrigued - Thanks for the rec!

ChronoGrl
07-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Detention is On Demand and a total blast. Recommended.

neverending
07-08-2013, 05:39 PM
I'll have to check that out.

I'm four minutes into this movie and so far hate it virulently.

Okay, the bitch part ended and now it's pretty smart, quick and funny.

ImmortalSlasher
07-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Detention and the vs Evil movies are on my watch list. Maybe others I need to see the trailers.

neverending
07-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Detention turned out tol be pretty funny, though it lost steam toward the end when they tried to tie everything together.

ImmortalSlasher
07-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I have reviews of those two coming up. Both were better than I thought they were going to be.

CaraBloodyCara
07-23-2013, 12:54 PM
I noticed that Tucker and Dale vs Evil is on there right now. One of my more recent favorites.

I haven't watched Detention yet but maybe I'll give it a shot.

Tried watching RSVP yesterday...couldn't get into it.

ImmortalSlasher
07-26-2013, 07:26 AM
Detention and Tucker & Dale vs Evil reviews posted in the "Last Seen Movie" topic.