PDA

View Full Version : Review of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (2003)

horror
10-16-2003, 02:21 PM
"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (2003) - Director: Marcus Nispel - Screenplay: Tim Henkell, Tobe Hooper and Scott Kosar - Starring: Jessica Biel, Jonathan Tucker, Eric Balfour - Review contains spoilers. [details (http://www.horror.com/php/article-174-1.html)]

Unregistered
10-18-2003, 10:50 AM
i saw the first chainsaw and now am much to old to sit and watch it while sitting still. but i would love to find the truth , the true storie, and would love to hear of a web site that can put me in the right direction in finding it. i

avenger00soul
10-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
i saw the first chainsaw and now am much to old to sit and watch it while sitting still. but i would love to find the truth , the true storie, and would love to hear of a web site that can put me in the right direction in finding it. i

If you mean the basis for Texas Chainsaw Massacre you want to do a search for Ed Gein. He seems to be a popular fellow on this board.

Unregistered
10-18-2003, 10:35 PM
I have been bustin my buns off trying to get to the true facts and the actual story that this movie is based on, so far i can't find anything online, in this world wide web that contains everything else. I wanna see the actual newspaper articles, along with the actual people involved or victimized. Have any clue where i can find this, please, PLEASE inform me. Thanks..... Devoted Fan!!

Tony
10-19-2003, 04:54 AM
Dude if you are looking for a story as brutal as what happens on screen in any TCM movie then you definitely are going to be shocked. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was only INSPIRED by a true story. There is nothing factual about the film. Ed Gein is Mother Teresa compared to Leatherface. Seems like this is one of the most asked questions lately. New Line did a good job making people believe this shit actually happened. Leatherface is about as real as the Blair Witch project.

Unregistered
10-19-2003, 01:56 PM
I JUST SAW THE MOVIE TODAY AND I HAVE TOO SAY IT WAS A PRETTY COOL MOVIE. I DID LIKE IT ALOT EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TOO BE A REMAKE TO THE ORIGINAL CLASSIC BUT THEY WERE ALOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT THE MOVIE THAT I LIKED. THE GORE, THE CHASES AND THE ACTING WERE ALL EXCELLENT IN THIS MOVIE. I DID NOT THINK MS BIEL COULD MAKE THE LEAD ACTRESS ROLE SO PHENOMENAL BUT SHE PROVED ME WRONG. GREAT JOB GUYS AND THUMBS UP TO THE DIRECTOR AND PRODUCERS.....DOUG`

Tony
10-20-2003, 07:07 AM
I think I said "OH SHIT" much more than once while watching this movie. Very intense. You could see the crowd crouching down in their chairs and leaning to one side and gasping and stuff. Great stuff.

Unregistered
10-22-2003, 05:02 PM
well i havn't senned it but it looks great today i wen't to the
youth group and the air conditioning made a chainsaw noise
and i thouhgt the chainsaw massicure was hear but any way
will they make a texas chainsaw massicur 2 ?

PhantomMaggot
10-22-2003, 07:42 PM
This movie was a complete and utter disgrace to not only the horror film industry but to all of it it was very poorly done and used gratuitous violence and gore to "scare" the audience. This is a common problem in horror mivies like in Hannibal, making someone eat there own brains isnt scary its just gross especially when they come right out and show it to you. Prettymuch the only thing this has in common with the original (which I might add was utterly amazing and didnt make me want to brak someone's kneecaps) was a van and a chainsaw. There are way too many problems with this movie the biggest of which is that leatherface cuts his femural artery which if it's not treated will kill you in about 20 minutes not to mention that he randomly shows up places like michael myers. Anthor huge problem was that it appeared that the dirctor and/or writer haddn't seen the original because they got the attitude of leatherface all wrong, he wouldn't step over a couch blocking his way he wouldn't even go around it he would just go right through no questions asked. And he wouldn't be quiet and search for a hiding jessica biel he would fling the chainsaw around like a madman cutting anything in sight to pieces. I feel stolen from haveing seen this movie and I will probably write to Tobe Hooper asking how he could possibly advocate such a horendous 2 hours this movie was. By the way there is a TCM 2 and 3 and a 4 even I noticed someone didn't know in one of their comments but rest assured they all suck too.

Unregistered
10-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Not a bad remake...the original is definitely the superior of the two. Jessica Biel was a standout....really captured the sense of an person scared so much they wind up going a little nutso. The switching of masks by Leatherface was a nice touch....wouldn't mind a sequel to this

Unregistered
10-23-2003, 06:41 PM
This movie was a piece of crap. How could they possibly call this movie a remake. Half the stuff that happened in this movie I do not remember happening in the original. I am a fan of the orginal massacre and not this new 2.o version of leatherface. And come on, you never saw leatherface's real face in the original. If I was a twelve year old girl I might have enjoyed this movie. unfortunatley, I am not. I give this movie an I. I for incomplete!!

Unregistered
10-26-2003, 08:48 AM
it was great.

Unregistered
10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
i think that it was the scaryist movie i have ever seen nd i have seen alot. and to all the people that dont think its true your full of bull crap!!!
my Dad worked @ the pen that the old man was in and before the 1st. movie came out the movie people let the old man see it and all he did was laugh!!!
and if you got something to say then email me @ [email protected]

holla!~*

Unregistered
11-02-2003, 09:05 AM
I thought that this was by far the scariest movie I have ever seen. I am glad that I decided to go to the bathroom before I watched it cuz I would have peed all over myself. I haven't seen the first one so I can't say which is better but I don't think that any movie could be better than this one. My boyfriends arm had imprints from where I squeezed him so hard. When I was 6 my dad scared me to death with a chainsaw so this movie brought back memories. I cried in at least one part. Everyone in the theater screemed at least twice. This was the perfect movie to go see on Halloween! And I Can't wait till it comes out on video. I hope they make a second one cuz this one kinda left you hangin. You never know if the girl and the baby live or not. They could have ran out of gas down the road or the car could have just shut off or something. The chainsaw dude was still alive so he could have hunted them down. I mean you never know. And for all of those people who don't think that it really happened or that it never will happen again, and those of you who thought that this movie sucked, ya'll are all full of crap. If you wanna say something to me then email me: [email protected]
I am still trying to find the actuall truth about what happened. I can't seem to find anything on the internet. Not even some newspaper articles. Nothing. If you have any clue please email me and let me know. My email address is above.

Unregistered
11-02-2003, 03:42 PM
AWESOME movie, jessica biel did an awesome job, so did the rest of the people, i was scared SH-TLESS!!! couldnt sleep that whole first night no joke..... i give it a perfect 10

Jennifer
11-02-2003, 03:52 PM
WOW that was by far the scariest movie i have ever seen in my entire life.. That was such an awesome movie definatly should get lots of awards. The acting was fanomanal I LOVED IT.

Rob76
11-02-2003, 05:58 PM
What a horribly written review...

Unregistered
11-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Toyaly lame!! It was so stupid I walked out.... Those kids were so stupid the really needed to die... I surprised that no one had killed them before... And was it just me of was that damn kid a total Golem rip off??

[email protected]

Unregistered
11-02-2003, 08:17 PM
I want to address all the people out there that have nothing better to do than crap all over a movie that does a pretty good job of being what it is - a horror movie. Lately, scary movies have been needless to say, not scary. In fact the last truly scary movie I went to go and see was "The Ring" and that was more a thriller than horror. In any case, TCM v. 2 wasn't as bad as some people have made it out to be. I am a fan of the horror genre and I have to say, the original movie annoyed the hell out of me. It was all screaming and nothing else. All you TCM afficianados, go watch it again, and no, don't press the mute button. Nothing about that movie was scary. This movie at least got me to jump out of the seat a couple of times. It was gory, but I didn't feel that the gore was excessive like Freddy v. Jason. I thought TCM was clever and it deserves credit. Besides, when are we ever gonna be truly frightened again by a movie? Haven't we seen it all?

Unregistered
11-03-2003, 08:01 AM
I just saw the movie and it scared the shit out of me, it had me jumping out of my seat several times. The only problem I had with the movie was the Blair Witch Project ending.

Unregistered
11-04-2003, 02:10 PM
the movie was ok. it wasn't the best. but i found it interesting. know i am going to do a project on it to find out what really happen that day.

Unregistered
11-04-2003, 02:19 PM
the movie was ok. it wasn't the best. but i found it interesting. know i am going to do a project on it to find out what really happen that day.

Hate
11-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Did a review myself for he TCM Remake..
http://www.picture-erotica.com/feature/rants/08/

Very surprised but really liked it.. :eek:

Arioch
11-18-2003, 01:32 AM
First of all, all of you who say this movie is great and havent seen the original your opinion doesnt matter. This is a remake, if you havent seen the original (one of the best horror movies of all time that helped define the genre, truly an original) than you have no idea what your talking about.And OMG you people who are soooo convienced this really happened, ON THE DVD, THE MAKER OF THE FILM STATES "I WAS IN LINE AT WALMART. AND SAW A WALL OF CHAINSAWS AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF I KNOW HOW I CAN GET OUT OF HERE REAL QUICK. THATS HOW I THOUGHT OF THE IDEA" he blatently states how he came up with it, it never happend thats why theres no info on it. ok now on to you people that know your shit.

Secondly, i cant understand how all you guys who have seen the original like it better!:eek: YOUR opinion is valid and id like you to explain it. The thing i HATED about this version is the overwhelming use of tired old horror movie hollywood clitches. The noise in the closet, oh its a possum. The over the top hot main actress who remains unscarred the whole movie because she didnt smoke a joint i mean come on. These things werent original 20 years ago now they just make a suposedly suspencefull scene totall predictable.
I knew she would make it out unharmed the whole movie set it up.

And the guy that said Leatherface wouldnt act like that. YOU FUCKING OWN! You have obviously seen, and appreciate, the originality of the REAL TCM not this over the top hollywood rendition. They show his face, and turn leatherface into every other horror movie villian.

I think anyone who truly likes this better than the original wanted the original to be more watered down. More like every other horror movie out there. If thats what you want fine, like the new one, and jeepers creepers, and urban legends and any other new age horror movie with no originality, expand your mind as little as possible. But dont tread on a work of art like the first one, see it again, for what it is.

The definitive, hard to watch, suspensfull, no music, full of screaming, deranged family, (not actually based on anything true just loosly around ed gein), classic that it is.

Unregistered
11-18-2003, 03:05 PM
I thought that this was by far the scariest movie I have ever seen. I am glad that I decided to go to the bathroom before I watched it cuz I would have peed all over myself. I haven't seen the first one so I can't say which is better but I don't think that any movie could be better than this one. My boyfriends arm had imprints from where I squeezed him so hard. When I was 6 my dad scared me to death with a chainsaw so this movie brought back memories. I cried in at least one part. Everyone in the theater screemed at least twice. This was the perfect movie to go see on Halloween! And I Can't wait till it comes out on video. I hope they make a second one cuz this one kinda left you hangin. You never know if the girl and the baby live or not. They could have ran out of gas down the road or the car could have just shut off or something. The chainsaw dude was still alive so he could have hunted them down. I mean you never know. And for all of those people who don't think that it really happened or that it never will happen again, and those of you who thought that this movie sucked, ya'll are all full of crap. If you wanna say something to me then email me: [email protected]
I am still trying to find the actuall truth about what happened. I can't seem to find anything on the internet. Not even some newspaper articles. Nothing. If you have any clue please email me and let me know. My email address is above.

Unregistered
11-18-2003, 03:05 PM

firstsdihbvcihrblkvbrfgregbtrbre

Unregistered
11-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
First of all, all of you who say this movie is great and havent seen the original your opinion doesnt matter. This is a remake, if you havent seen the original (one of the best horror movies of all time that helped define the genre, truly an original) than you have no idea what your talking about.And OMG you people who are soooo convienced this really happened, ON THE DVD, THE MAKER OF THE FILM STATES "I WAS IN LINE AT WALMART. AND SAW A WALL OF CHAINSAWS AND THOUGHT TO MYSELF I KNOW HOW I CAN GET OUT OF HERE REAL QUICK. THATS HOW I THOUGHT OF THE IDEA" he blatently states how he came up with it, it never happend thats why theres no info on it. ok now on to you people that know your shit.

Secondly, i cant understand how all you guys who have seen the original like it better!:eek: YOUR opinion is valid and id like you to explain it. The thing i HATED about this version is the overwhelming use of tired old horror movie hollywood clitches. The noise in the closet, oh its a possum. The over the top hot main actress who remains unscarred the whole movie because she didnt smoke a joint i mean come on. These things werent original 20 years ago now they just make a suposedly suspencefull scene totall predictable.
I knew she would make it out unharmed the whole movie set it up.

And the guy that said Leatherface wouldnt act like that. YOU FUCKING OWN! You have obviously seen, and appreciate, the originality of the REAL TCM not this over the top hollywood rendition. They show his face, and turn leatherface into every other horror movie villian.

I think anyone who truly likes this better than the original wanted the original to be more watered down. More like every other horror movie out there. If thats what you want fine, like the new one, and jeepers creepers, and urban legends and any other new age horror movie with no originality, expand your mind as little as possible. But dont tread on a work of art like the first one, see it again, for what it is.

The definitive, hard to watch, suspensfull, no music, full of screaming, deranged family, (not actually based on anything true just loosly around ed gein), classic that it is.

NO SHIT HAHAHAHA all these ppl out there like. "It Really happened and My dad knows the real leather face. " HAHAHAHA . you just got owned. THANK YOU LORD ARIOCH.

Malicious_Mirth
11-20-2003, 03:10 PM
blood and souls arioch blood and souls

Unregistered
11-23-2003, 01:49 PM
I thought this was a SWEET movie. The blood was S I C K and I was really left guessing with the end and "the only picture ever seen of leatherface. 1 word N I C E !

Unregistered
11-29-2003, 02:45 PM
This movie blowed big time, and doesn't even deserve the texas chainsaw massacre title. I walked out of the theatre pissed off more than I've ever been after seeing a piece of trash such as this. It was totally cliche with all other crappy "teen movies" out there. They tried way too hard to make it creepy, and sick, and they still couldn't get it out. In the original you were scared cause of what you saw, NOT what you heard as in the booming of the music when something scurries quickly across the screen. Bottom line this was movie is nothing, but a cliche, and in a sense brings down the original.

Arioch
12-01-2003, 01:13 AM
This movie blowed big time, and doesn't even deserve the texas chainsaw massacre title. I walked out of the theatre pissed off more than I've ever been after seeing a piece of trash such as this. It was totally cliche with all other crappy "teen movies" out there. They tried way too hard to make it creepy, and sick, and they still couldn't get it out. In the original you were scared cause of what you saw, NOT what you heard as in the booming of the music when something scurries quickly across the screen. Bottom line this was movie is nothing, but a cliche, and in a sense brings down the original.

Thank you, glad to see someone can see past the smoke and mirrors of this remake. You should register we need more members like you lol

kawaiidragonfoe
12-11-2003, 09:08 AM
It is a hair-raising fun loving thrill ride with every bit of it's predessor's charm & dark humor. If you've been to Rual Texas you know that more of the residents there are rot-mouthed hicks that firmly believe in "What you do is your own business." & will kill if you tresspass. As far as the Sheriff, there's one of those too in every small town (at least here in Tx) who is hell bend to protect all the secrets he or his town's people might harbor. If you have seen the orginal dont bother going in looking for new-age versions of the orginal twisted family because you wont find them. The only setback this movie had is we dont see quite enough of that chainsaw totin' masked madman we all know & love. I have to say that i was having too much fun in this movie to even be remotely scared, as i' am in all horror movies. i did however laugh where laughing wasn't supposed to be like were Leather grabs her in the closet lol & did ghet some weird looks from fellow audience members.

Speaking of Leatherface, he is ecpertly done in this movie as well, even having his identity revealed for all to see & let me tell you now that it's not pretty. What you do see is him 'making himself up' as it was to be shot in the orginal but never made it to screen. No need to worry about size in this version, he is positively HUGE! larger than Gunnar Henson (who played the maniac in the orginal) i dont know who he is but i can tell you that i think we have found a winner in the long list of dudes to play the character. There is speculation that there will also be a remake ot TCM 2& if this is true i hope that this Leatherface actor reprises his role. If so, he will be the first to do so in the history of the films.
Again i say that you CANNOT by any means go into this movie thinking you'll see a copy of the orginal, you will come out pissed off & not enjoy the movie at all (i know because i did this the first time i saw it).
-Kawaiidragonfoe, movie reviewer extrodinair.

Unregistered
12-27-2003, 12:26 PM
This was one of the best films of the year it freaked me out when i first saw it in the morning and i had trouble getting to sleep later that night. Texas Chainsaw Massacre is on my list for 10 best films of the year

Arioch
12-27-2003, 01:30 PM
lol

shiftyc
02-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Im gonna hafta agree with PhantomMaggot i wish i could get my money back and my memory of that film whipped out it sucked
im not gonna waist my time givin it a rating

what up dawg
03-26-2004, 08:52 PM
had this really all happened??

Sephor
04-23-2004, 10:17 AM
This Movie is awesome, way better then the original by far, Micheal bay and mark nispel did a great job, I love this movie.

Ryan Stephens
04-24-2004, 12:37 PM
I haven't seen the 1974 version of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", but I've seen "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2", "Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III", and "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation" and I think they're all dumb, but that's okay because the remake of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" makes up for the dumbness. I bought the 2-Disk Collector's Edition DVD Set and it came with a keep case, a metal poster, six crime pictures, two disks, and tons of extras. Jessica Biel is very wonderful as Erin, the leading lady, and she's super hot. "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" ISN'T ANOTHER DUMB SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A WONDERFUL REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!! Erin, Kemper, Pepper, Andy, and Morgan are five teenagers taking a road trip through Texas to go to a rock concert. They quickly stop when the find an ill teenage girl, all bloody, walking down the side of the road. Erin and Pepper gets out of the van and leads the teenage girl into the van. The teenage girl blows her brains out, just before the teenagers' find out that they're driving the "wrong way". The teenagers' find an old house and they check it out. I'm not going to tell you what happens next because you probably already know what happens. Leatherface crashes out...Kills the teenagers...ECT!!!!!!!!!! Overall, I thought "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was very scary, very violent, very gory, very suspenseful, very thrilling, and somewhat funny. R. Lee Ermey gives a wonderful performance as Sheriff Hoyt, the cocky sheriff who bosses the teenagers around. If you ONLY have a VHS Player, buy the VHS. If you have a DVD Player, buy the 2-Disk version of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". It won't be a waste of your time, I promise...

Brooklynn
05-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre rocked! It was way better than the first and the scary thing is it actually happened.... oh and the guy (andy) was REALLY hot. it had a great, hot cast .... the movie was just awesome

will lott
05-21-2004, 07:34 PM
the movie rocked! it was by far better than the original.
the whole thing leeds you deeper and deeper in horror!

the blood and guts are SWEET! BUY IT! it's the best movie
of all time. everyone did agreat !

last bad move
05-24-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by will lott
the movie rocked! it was by far better than the original.
the whole thing leeds you deeper and deeper in horror!

the blood and guts are SWEET! BUY IT! it's the best movie
of all time. everyone did agreat ! what ever pal. the original was the best. this one tryed to get all mental but didnt do anything but make things to populated with useless stories. to big of a family went into leather face to much and what the fuck was the use of the baby. the only thing i liked in this movie was the sceen where the chick blew out her head

wendi
09-03-2004, 08:01 AM
I just saw this movie ( a little later than most) and thought it was awesome. You know it scared me when I had to sit up watchding Oprah to fall asleep. I think Andrew B did the best job. His character Leatherface was great. He definitely isn't lacking in the looks department either. Hot and sexy.:p

zombiemaster7000
03-31-2012, 05:50 AM
this is one of the only 3 horror films that scare me.

Toadliquor
03-31-2012, 12:32 PM
this is one of the only 3 horror films that scare me.
What are the other 2?