PDA

View Full Version : Horror recommendations!

Noojers
10-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Hi, so i have a group of 15-20 people coming to my house and we want to watch a VERY scary horror movie. We're all in grade 12, and the crowd is a mix of boys and girls.

Horror movies I've liked in the past are:
The strangers (Loved this one, so freaky!)
The last house on the left
Texas Chainsaw massacre (the newer one, but i watched it a long time ago..)
The orphan (wasn't that scary... but was tense near the end i guess)
and a few others...
(As you can probably tell, i don't watch horror movies that often)

I would like a modern horror movie (post 2000's), and i like very 'jumpy' movies, with suspense and horror throughout the majority of it. I don't want something gruesome like the hostel or SAW. I also do NOT want it to be a foreign film.

So if you have any recommendations to give us a good scare, and make a bunch of people scream that would be great! Thanks!

_____V_____
10-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey guys,

My friend is coming over this weekend - And I promised him we'd watch the scariest horror ever that day ;). We're 21 years old, and are huge fan of horrors (Though don't know that many!)

I was wondering, what is truely the most gruesome, scariest, never ever able to sleep again horror you can suggest?

Preferably it'd be up to date - not that i hate movies from the 70's, but mostly they're a bit... well, too old I guess :P.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61971

You two related?

varo123
10-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Ok, no gruesome, no foreign, no before 2000's, no fun.... Just kidding... Maybe you'll enjoy the hills run red, funny games U.S (2007), The hills have eyes (re-make 2006), the abandoned (2006, "jumpy").....

These are way far from being "my taste" , but they kinda fill your specifications

Noojers
10-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Ok, no gruesome, no foreign, no before 2000's, no fun.... Just kidding... Maybe you'll enjoy the hills run red, funny games U.S (2007), The hills have eyes (re-make 2006), the abandoned (2006, "jumpy").....

These are way far from being "my taste" , but they kinda fill your specifications

Thank you so much for your help! From the movies you listed, the hills have eyes and the abandoned look interesting... but i just wanted to clarify/make sure of one thing. Although i want a 'jumpy' movie, if it's only jumpy it's no fun. With a movie like the strangers, it had jumpy moments, but throughout the entire movie there was suspense, and you were scared for them almost all the time. So i was wondering if any of these two are like that as well? Thanks! :)

varo123
10-19-2012, 11:25 PM
well, from my point of view the hills have eyes is not really jumpy and The abandonded it's jumpy but it depends on the person who's watching it that the suspense might be appealing or not. It's more of you own criteria to like the plot of the movie... As an example I can tell you I did not enjoy the strangers as much as I can see you did.

Glad to help you!