PDA

View Full Version : Rec 3

Anthropophagus
09-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Watched this last night after so much promis but left kinda deflated.

The first two movies are superb in both action and atmosphere,however the third installment is not like those at all.In fact there is too much humour,not in a comedy way but certainly not in keeping with the two previous films.

You still get a bit of gore and fast action but there is no plot,or at least nothing to add from the first two.There are no references or recollections to connect the movies at all,it all seems so random.

Overall i enjoyed it but it will certainly not be an addition to my Rec collection i`m afraid.

_____V_____
09-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Getting some really mixed reviews, so it makes me apprehensive.

However, since I enjoyed both the prequels, I would be definitely watching this one. [ēRec] is one of my favorite contemporary horror films.

Just checked the credits on IMDB - one of the writers-directors' duo, Jaume Balaguero, is missing for this one. Could be that this film missed his creative inputs. The lead actress isn't in this one, either.

Maybe they will be back, and tie all things in together, in the fourth and final installment due next year.

ManicOne
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Thematic Spoiler Warning!!! (No details!)

Could not have been more let down. Rec and Rec 2 hold a special place for me, so to find that comedy had been introduced (slapstick no less) to a plot that in no way fitted in to the previous movies, nor added to them, well...

Straker
09-24-2012, 04:40 PM
The more I hear about this one the less I want to watch it.... I thought Rec was one of the better horror movies of recent years and I thought Rec 2 was a quality sequel, but I'm kinda dreading watchin the 3rd one now. :(