PDA

View Full Version : House On Haunted Hill

Vampenguin
05-08-2004, 06:17 PM
I just wanted 2 know what people thought of the endings in the 2 different House On Haunted Hill films. For those who dont know, the original ended with no one really knowing for sure wether the house was haunted,and the 1999 one ended with everybody but 2 people getting slaughtered by the ghosts. And also, which altogther movie waz better?

allmykids
05-08-2004, 06:28 PM
I have both of them. love the original but the re-make was better. to bad Vincent price couldn't be in the re-make. That would have been KILLER!! I think he was a little bit dead when that was made!!! lol

Targangil
05-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I loved both of them, but the ending of the remake with the CGI oilslick was a bit of a letdown, the institute ghosts were so damn cool and scary, why couldn't they deliver the final blow?

jay o2 waster
05-08-2004, 07:29 PM
i will have to go with the original, but the remake was still fucking awsome

bwind22
05-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Can a remake ever really be better than an original?

In my opinion the answer is 'No', for the simple reason that if the original never existed, then neither would the remake. Not to mention the fact that the plot/story is already there for the remaking director to use/borrow from if they want. You also need to consider the era that the movie was released.

IMO, the original is better. It was a good remake of a good movie, but the original is still the original and the remake just copied it.

massacre man
05-09-2004, 05:56 AM
wind THE THING!

bwind22
05-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by massacre man
wind THE THING!

I can't argue with that because I haven't seen them both.

DarkwingMantis
05-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Concerning the whole Remake Vs Original question, Ill reserve judgement till someone remakes Star Wars Episode 1 :D

Vampenguin
05-19-2004, 03:50 PM
OOOPPPS!!! I forgot 2 put my opinion!!! I thought the original ending waz better, but i did like the ghosts in the remake. And yes, it is 2 bad the Mr. Price was dead for the remake(Best Actor Ever!), but Geoffery Rush still did a good job. Naming the main character "Price" was a nice touch tho.

Cereal Killer
05-19-2004, 04:17 PM
. . . funny, I watched the remake yesterday after having a sudden whim.

The Price dedication was great, because I knew Vincent Price was in the original. I haven't seen the original yet, it's on my "things to buy/rent/do" list. I'll have to drive a long whiles to get somewhere that sells/rents it.

That is one movie that *should* have a prequel. The night of the lockdown. Come on, who would NOT watch that?

Sick_As_Fuck
05-19-2004, 09:42 PM
^ Yeah, but that would be such a gorefest that it might not do well.

Anyways, I've never seen the OG but the re-make is great. All until that stupid ink-smoke-ghost-thing chases them. What the fuck was that about? I agree with the person above who said that it should've been the evil doctor's ghost that chased them.

Vampenguin
05-20-2004, 02:49 AM
i thought the Darkness was great! Are you afraid of the dark?....i waznt in that movie, but it was still kool

KRUGERKID13
05-20-2004, 08:44 AM
I absoloutly loved the re-make

I thought the original was good but not as good IMO

evil_blonde
05-20-2004, 11:22 PM
I have seen the remake, not the original so I dont really have an opinion but I did think that the remake was a bloody good movie, in fact Im so stupid I didnt even know it was a remake...

jay o2 waster
05-21-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by bwind22
Can a remake ever really be better than an original?

In my opinion the answer is 'No', for the simple reason that if the original never existed, then neither would the remake. Not to mention the fact that the plot/story is already there for the remaking director to use/borrow from if they want. You also need to consider the era that the movie was released.

IMO, the original is better. It was a good remake of a good movie, but the original is still the original and the remake just copied it.

the remake of nosferatu is better

Vampenguin
05-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Speaking of osferatu, anybbody know how i can get a decent versio of it? I have it on a combo disc with NOTLD and House on Haunted Hill, but Nosferatu has the really f*cked background music, itz like wannabe rock music, it sux and doesnt fit the movie

bone collector
05-22-2004, 05:40 PM
i havnt seen the orignal, but i have seen the re make, really creepy

zwoti
05-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Vampenguin
Speaking of osferatu, anybbody know how i can get a decent versio of it? I have it on a combo disc with NOTLD and House on Haunted Hill, but Nosferatu has the really f*cked background music, itz like wannabe rock music, it sux and doesnt fit the movie

there's a nice 2 disc special edition here in the uk, there's a sepia tinted and the original black & white versions, original full length fully restored digitally remastered. released to tie in with shadow of the vampire, there is a trailer for it as well as text about the origins of vampires and how nosferatu was nearly destroyed due to bram stoker's estate suing the producers.

Vampenguin
05-24-2004, 02:46 PM
thanks alot Zwoti, i might try to order away for that

Vampenguin
05-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Anybody know why this was moved?

orangestar
05-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Original was awesome. haven't seen the remake.

Rebel Yell
05-31-2004, 12:48 AM
Original for me.

I thought that Geoffrey Rush did an excellent job as a cheap Vincent Price knock-off in the remake though.

Vampenguin
06-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Rebel Yell
Original for me.

I thought that Geoffrey Rush did an excellent job as a cheap Vincent Price knock-off in the remake though.

Ya, I agree

The_Return
06-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Just thought I dig up an old thread from a bygone era of myself...Damn I talked funny last year...

IDrinkYourBlood
06-15-2005, 09:33 AM
I thought the remake sucked balls.

arron wardlaw
06-15-2005, 10:21 AM
i thought the remake was superb, geoffrey rush WAS vincent price in this movie, the darkness at the end was highly original and the scenes in the saturation chamber were very creepy, all in all a classic movie, remake or not. Movies like this do not come along often,it pushes The Thing close for best remake ever