PDA

View Full Version : My Own Marathon

Nini_luv5
11-10-2011, 08:34 AM
I am absolutely taking advantage of this weekend on not having and homework and my roommate being gone and i am taking it upon myself to celebrate this glorious occasion with having an Omen Marathon!

I know how insignificant this sounds but as a college student any free time should be well celebrated :)

I will be tremendously enjoying:
~The Omen, in 1976, directed by Richard Donner
~Damien: Omen II, in 1978, directed by Don Taylor
~Omen III: The Final Conflict, in 1981, directed by Graham Baker
~A TV movie followed in 1991, titled Omen IV: The Awakening

And no I will not be including the 2006 remake of The Omen, because I loathe them and I thought it was a piece of shit in my opinion.

ZombieDrone
11-10-2011, 09:04 AM
I didn't like The Omen remake either...but worse than Omen IV? Ouch.

On the other hand I always thought II and III are a lot better than people give them credit for.

Nini_luv5
11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
I agree. But i actually liked The Omen IV. Even though it was a little outlandish, i dont know i still enjoyed it.

You just have to enjoy the corniness sometimes lol

The Villain
11-10-2011, 02:07 PM
I've only seen the first one and the remake. The original is a classic but the remake is really boring and lame.

ZombieDrone
11-10-2011, 02:22 PM
II is pretty decent. The adolescent Damien's voice grates on me a little, just because it's a rather odd-sounding mixture of American and English. But the actor playing him, I feel, does a good job. Not to mention that much of the film revolves around him not wanting his supposed destiny. Some of the effects are a little hokey, but it's got William Holden in it, which is a good sign.

III rounds it out nicely. The plot's not great but Sam Neill does well as Damien (he has some fantastic, almost Shakespearean, monologues) and the whole film has a good "Epic" atmosphere.

As I say, I don't think they get the praise they deserve.

MichaelMyers
11-10-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkFLdPaoZQ

Nini_luv5
11-10-2011, 04:27 PM
II is pretty decent. The adolescent Damien's voice grates on me a little, just because it's a rather odd-sounding mixture of American and English. But the actor playing him, I feel, does a good job. Not to mention that much of the film revolves around him not wanting his supposed destiny. Some of the effects are a little hokey, but it's got William Holden in it, which is a good sign.

III rounds it out nicely. The plot's not great but Sam Neill does well as Damien (he has some fantastic, almost Shakespearean, monologues) and the whole film has a good "Epic" atmosphere.

As I say, I don't think they get the praise they deserve.

I couldnt agree with this any more :)

Elvis_Christ
11-11-2011, 01:03 AM
I may be in the minority but I dig Omen II more than the original. It's more dark and sinister. It's in the first batch of horror flicks I remember watching too. The third film never did much for me. Coming from NZ I tend to cringe when Sam Neil hits the screen. Might be one to revisit sometime. Don't think I ever bothered watching the fourth film... maybe caught bits and pieces.

I thought it was a piece of shit

Couldn't agree more. Hated the remake.

Nini_luv5
11-11-2011, 07:25 AM
That is my preference too. I absolutely love that the second film is surrounded around about him as an adolescent. It is definitely my favorite film of the whole series.

CJ Steak
11-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Pretty big Omen fan myself. Definitely love the orginal and II. The others were good too though!

Oh, and Nini... I keep looking for you under my bed and you're never there.

I'm calling BS.

ha.......

Nini_luv5
11-14-2011, 07:16 PM
haha
Did u check the Twilight Zone?

CJ Steak
11-15-2011, 08:20 AM
haha
Did u check the Twilight Zone?

Yup. Got wasted on Lonestar, found the door in my mind, looked through it and around it... still not there. Woke up in the bath tub crying again.

Oh well...

http://www.haunted-woods.org/img/Twilight%20Zone%20Front%20Door.jpg

Nini_luv5
11-15-2011, 09:26 AM
hahaha
you must have missed me, i just went to the grocery store :)

CJ Steak
11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Well...

Getting wasted on Lonestar and exploring around the Twilight Zone in my head wasn't a one time event. I'll catch you eventually.

haha

Nini_luv5
11-15-2011, 05:20 PM
haha see ya soon :)
MUHAHAHAAAAA!!!!