PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Breed of Villain/Monster

ChaoticMinister
10-15-2003, 08:48 AM
What are your favorite characteristics/qualities in Horror Villains, Monsters, Creatures, Et Cetera? To suit the other end of the spectrum, what are your least favorite yadda yadda yadda...?

My Personal Favorites:

- Intelligent: Knows more about the victims than they do about themselves.
- A Hunter: Uses instincts, knows when and when not to attack.
- Powerful: An unstoppable force, a la "Jason."
- Creative: Creates interesting distractions, illusions, traps, but doesn't stretch the limits of believability.
- Torturous/Sadistic: Knows how to make the pain last longer, thus making for a more spine-tingling death.
- Masochistic: The best way to know how to give pain is to know how to receive it.
- S-T-Y-L-E: Have a certain, unique, and easily identifiable killing technique (not too pinpointed or finite, though.) The way you slash, crush, or stab is like your signiature.

Least Favorite Qualities:
- Dumb catch phrases, unintelligible euphemisms, and stupid puns. Either say something witty and enjoyable or don't say anything at all.
- Minions: Want it done right? Don't blow your wad on the "Local 666 Monkeys With Chainsaw Fists Union" before giving interviews and knowing what they are really capable of. Or do it yourself, you wimp.
- Immortality: Can you survive anything? Then why waste time preying on nekkid campers and naive pre-teen offenders? You should do something better with your time. Villains/monsters who "come back" in the same film more than twice (Jason X) are just silly.
- Poor Taste in Victims/Class: Killing "nekkid campers" in the shower, old people on the shitter, dogs on chains in yards, and couples making out (or making babies) is not worth the time and energy, unless they are the appetizers to some delicious entree.
- Sexin' Up the Ladies: Don't get intimate/emotionally attached to victims (this is more of a thriller rule, really.)

Anyways, just my opinion. Let's hear some others.

*FADE OUT*

Tony
10-15-2003, 08:52 AM
I'm going to say intelligent. I like when the killer knows more about his victims then is humanly healthy. Kind of a great way to strike fear in them. I also like the Powerful stalkers. Jason doesn't know anything than to kill. So he just runs people over like a bull dozer. He does get quite creative though. Maybe he's not such a zombie after all.

Killer Clown#1
10-15-2003, 01:53 PM
My favorites are A hunter la Predator because they are clever and stealthy, Torturous/Sadistic la Dr.Satan because they are more intimidating and Powerful la Jason because they can't be stoped and there just awsome:)

Krzychu
10-15-2003, 02:35 PM
I prefer Pinhead. He is sadistic and mercilles. He represented evil and supernatural forces. Pinhead has no mercy for his victims. Pure evil work... That's why I like him.

avenger00soul
10-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Krzychu
I prefer Pinhead. He is sadistic and mercilles. He represented evil and supernatural forces. Pinhead has no mercy for his victims. Pure evil work... That's why I like him.

The Tall Man. Anyone who crushes people into midgets and makes them his slaves scares the hell outta me.

ChaoticMinister
10-16-2003, 08:13 AM
I should really have a horror night again at my house... the last one was good fun, and I miss seeing a lot of the old villains like Pinhead and Tall Man... it has to be about 5 years since I saw them last... maybe less...

Anyone know a site with villain/monster profiles on it?

I'd be much obliged ;)

*FADE OUT*

avenger00soul
10-16-2003, 08:16 AM
www.houseofhorrors.com has fbi profile pages for slashers and others. It counts all of their kills and whatnot. Good stuff.

_Leatha_Face_
10-16-2003, 08:24 AM
im gonna have 2 say intelligent and powerful because with those 2 makes a deadly combination - kinda like M. Myers

ChaoticMinister
10-16-2003, 10:42 AM
That house of horrors site is really in-depth and thorough... thank you very much avenger00soul... much obliged ;)

*FADE OUT*

avenger00soul
10-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
That house of horrors site is really in-depth and thorough... thank you very much avenger00soul... much obliged ;)

*FADE OUT*

No problem. It's one of my favorites.

Zero
09-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
What are your favorite characteristics/qualities in Horror - Minions: Want it done right? Don't blow your wad on the "Local 666 Monkeys With Chainsaw Fists Union" before giving interviews and knowing what they are really capable of. Or do it yourself, you wimp.

personally, i think monkeys with chainsaws are quite effective - - - and the union benefits are awesome

slasherman
09-10-2006, 02:26 PM
:rolleyes: bump

..i like villians with no emotions like this guy...(the head)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/slasherman1971/ferdigsin-city3333.gif