PDA

View Full Version : Monster Legacy

Vampenguin
05-07-2004, 11:20 AM
I just wanted to know if anybody thought the monster legacy collection was worth buying? I love those movies, I just wanted to know if anyone bought it and had problems or anything.

KRUGERKID13
05-15-2004, 03:01 PM
No problem for me i bought the frankenstein and the quality was great plus the price cant be beat

kpropain
05-15-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm planning on getting them myself.

Dr.Kelvinstein
05-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Great price but very bad packaging. I had to make three returns before I found one without scratched discs. I checked the reviews at Amazon and I wasn't the only one---most of the boxed sets have loose discs, and a lot of the snap releases are sized wrong so you almost have to bend them to get them out of the box. That's why they're sold out all over the net, because of returns.

The picture quality is okay but not as good as the original DVD releases that are mostly out of print now. Try to snag them up before they're gone for good. House of Dracula is the only movie of the 14 that has never been released on DVD.

Also, Dracula is the cut version, not the uncut that was originally released a few years ago (though it has the same commentary). Dracula's death groan is missing.

Also...false advertising saying this will complete anyone's collection of the Universal Monsters (the Unholy Trinity). For that you have to also pick up Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein, which has Lugosi as Dracula and Chaney as The Wolfman in what is probably the best monster fight in all of fear filmdom.

And why can't the yahoos at Universal release the final two Creature From The Black Lagoon films on DVD, or maybe all of them in a boxed set. And the Kharis series is also out of print.

Rebel Yell
05-30-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein

And why can't the yahoos at Universal release the final two Creature From The Black Lagoon films on DVD, or maybe all of them in a boxed set. And the Kharis series is also out of print.
I always bitch about that. I need those movies on dvd. NEED.

I love the Legacy DVDs. Buying it in the box set is worth it for the busts alone.

KRUGERKID13
06-05-2004, 09:39 PM
dido on that last comment rebel

kpropain
06-08-2004, 04:29 PM
I need to get these I haven't seen a lot of these classics in a long time.

KRUGERKID13
06-08-2004, 11:46 PM
WELL worth the cost plus once these things go outta print my guess s thell be hard as hell to get

The_Return
09-07-2005, 04:44 AM
And over a year later, Ive actually bought one.

Yesterday, I picked up The Wolf Man set, and it's definatly awesome. Ordering either Dracula or Frankenstein today, cant decide which. Ill have to get Invisible Man someday, too....but those are all that interest me. I never liked the original Mummy, and although it looks dasmn cool, the Creature from the Black Lagoon set is just overpriced.

zomb5150
09-07-2005, 05:31 AM
I've got the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein and the Wolfman monster legacy collections.They are well worth the price.I tried to get the Dracula Legacy collection twice from Columbia House and both times one of the discs came loose in shipping and scratched, making it unplayable.They would definitely make a great addition to Your Horror collection, I really enjoy mine and look forward to getting the Mummy, the Invisible Man and Dracula Legacy collections.