PDA

View Full Version : Horror Icons Youve Met

silentmovieman
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM
As before I'm new and thought a good way to get to know you guys would be to see what horror icons you've met and where, plus who you would like to meet.

As for me I've met (all at conventions in Brum)

Bruce Campbell.....my alltime hero, was a dream come true to meet and chat with the Mighty Bruce
Robert Englund.....again a real delight
George Romero.....legend nuff said
Tom Savini.....bit standoffish and a disappointment
Doug Bradley......its Pinhead, took an interest in what I had to day and again was a delight
William Forsythe.....met him for his role in Masters of Horror but backed that up with Devils Rejects chat, the nicest guest I've ever met
Tom Naughton...again really nice and friendly

Is love to meet, Dick Warlock and Nick Castle, the first two Michael Myers', also Land Hodder and Tobin Bell spring to mind, think I'd get very excited at chance to meet Crispin Glover

hammerfan
10-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I've never met any celebrities.

Sistinas666
10-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Closest I've came to a celebrity is a few no name pro athletes and the members of the Reverend Horton Heat. When I was a kid I went to a skatepark that was having a big punk show. I stole a fifth of vodka from the punk band Toxic Narcotic(i am not proud of my thievery but the story still makes me smile) and they kept asking "Who stole our fucking vodka" between songs. I left early as I don't think our meeting would have went well...

Fearonsarms
10-07-2011, 11:38 AM
At book signings (as I also have never met anyone in day to day life)-

Clive Barker
Ramsay Campbell
Doug Bradley
Ashley Lawrence

neverending
10-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Only horror celeb I've met in person was Jonathan Frid (AKA Barnabus Collins). He was at an auto show, of all things.

I've met far more sci-fi authors, and once shook the hand of Henry Fonda. Yes, it was still attached.

silentmovieman
10-07-2011, 12:19 PM
I forgot to mention Gunnar Hanson which was cool.

Not strictly horror but got to meet Ernie 'Winston Zedmore' Hudson

MichaelMyers
10-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Had a few rounds with Kane Hodder once.

silentmovieman
10-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm officially in awe, you met the Hodder, awesome

ZombieDrone
10-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Just about this time last year, a local independent cinema was holding as part of it's annual horror festival, a screening of City Of The Living Dead followed by a Q+A and autograph signing by Catriona MacColl. (Last time I checked, the Q+A's on Youtube)

We talked a little and she signed a big book on zombies that I have. A very nice lady, refined but down-to-earth.

Sistinas666
10-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I know several people involved with this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316946/

(not that its anything to brag about, lol!)

hueyisme
10-07-2011, 04:17 PM
The only celebrity I have ever met was Clayton Moore, he played The Lone Ranger on tv. I guess I could say I once met Eddie Albert, he was coming out of a back door at CBS studios and we ran into each other, almost knocked each other down. I guess you could call that a meeting.

fortunato
10-07-2011, 08:13 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v149/125/75/27316376/n27316376_32136705_2181.jpg

Here's me with Gunnar Hansen. He was so nice. I asked him some questions, figuring he'd give quick answers and then I'd be on my way, but he was so engaging, asking us what we do and so on. It was amazing. Great dude.

I've also met, on the other hand, Tom Savini who was kind of a prick. I met Tony Todd, Ken Foree, Michael Berryman, and a few others at various horror conventions. Oh, and once in downtown Chicago I almost bumped into Buddy Guy.

newb
10-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Grampa Munster aka Al Lewis

many moons ago

he was at a store doing some kind of signing .....took my kids when they were little.

hammerfan
10-08-2011, 01:44 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v149/125/75/27316376/n27316376_32136705_2181.jpg

Here's me with Gunnar Hansen. He was so nice. I asked him some questions, figuring he'd give quick answers and then I'd be on my way, but he was so engaging, asking us what we do and so on. It was amazing. Great dude.

I've also met, on the other hand, Tom Savini who was kind of a prick. I met Tony Todd, Ken Foree, Michael Berryman, and a few others at various horror conventions. Oh, and once in downtown Chicago I almost bumped into Buddy Guy.

You're the second person to say that Tom Savini wasn't very nice.

fortunato
10-08-2011, 06:24 AM
You're the second person to say that Tom Savini wasn't very nice.

Yeah, it was a bummer. I used to idolize that guy when I was a kid, and it was very thrilling to see him in person at first. But it was ultimately disappointing.

leezuki
10-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Yeah, it was a bummer. I used to idolize that guy when I was a kid, and it was very thrilling to see him in person at first. But it was ultimately disappointing.

shame u say that i very much would have loved to meet him, one of my fave make up artist. i have seen george a romero, only from a distance at a signing, people said he is a nice guy, i dint go in because the que was long and it was £30 pound to see him. what dint u like about savini.

ZombieDrone
10-08-2011, 07:28 AM
I've always heard stories about Tom Savini being difficult, which is a shame because I like his work. No matter how much someone's contributed to something I enjoy, it really works against me wanting to meet them if they're standoffish or rude.

George Romero has always given me the impression of being a nice guy, John Landis as well.

Fearonsarms
10-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Just about this time last year, a local independent cinema was holding as part of it's annual horror festival, a screening of City Of The Living Dead followed by a Q+A and autograph signing by Catriona MacColl. (Last time I checked, the Q+A's on Youtube)

We talked a little and she signed a big book on zombies that I have. A very nice lady, refined but down-to-earth.

Good god *drools* checking it on youtube now.

fortunato
10-08-2011, 09:33 AM
shame u say that i very much would have loved to meet him, one of my fave make up artist. i have seen george a romero, only from a distance at a signing, people said he is a nice guy, i dint go in because the que was long and it was £30 pound to see him. what dint u like about savini.

He was just very much into himself and standoffish. You could tell he thought he was hot shit, and seemed very uninterested in being there, which is just so completely irritating.

leezuki
10-08-2011, 09:52 AM
He was just very much into himself and standoffish. You could tell he thought he was hot shit, and seemed very uninterested in being there, which is just so completely irritating.

i can understand that, i hate people like that who think there better than u, shame cus he is a good makeup artist :mad:

silentmovieman
10-08-2011, 02:44 PM
He was so disinterested that he even spelt my name wring after is given him the correct spelling

fortunato
10-08-2011, 10:16 PM
He was so disinterested that he even spelt my name wring after is given him the correct spelling

Oh really? I didn't end up getting anything signed by him. He didn't need any more ego boost.

Elvis_Christ
10-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I guess years of doing conventions would do that to you. Not really an excuse... and there's no reason to be rude to the people that have made you a success.

Would've liked to have met him too.

silentmovieman
10-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I hear that William Shatner is quite standoffish

Anthropophagus
10-09-2011, 10:48 AM
I`ll sign a pic if you want Smm.:D

Ferox13
10-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Met Tank Abbot in a Bar in LA not really a Horror Icon but he was scarier than most mentioned here.

I've heard many stories of Savini been an asshole to people.

I did post once on the same thread as the guy who wrote 'Kraken: Tentacles of the Deep'. He had awesome facial hair too.

silentmovieman
10-09-2011, 12:14 PM
I'd quite like to meet John Carpenter

MichaelMyers
10-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd quite like to meet John Carpenter

What is your favorite Carpenter score.

Elvis_Christ
10-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Met Tank Abbot in a Bar in LA not really a Horror Icon but he was scarier than most mentioned here.

Yes. Yes he is. Dude's pretty badass. Was he an alright dude?

Ferox13
10-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Yes. Yes he is. Dude's pretty badass. Was he an alright dude?

Yeah, he was friendly enough. I was suprised how big he was. I was actually kinda nervous saying hello (it was way back before Tank was fighting for a cheque too).

Oh I trained with Big Nog and rolled with Roger Gracie (when he was just a kid).

And I did a TV show with THE KRANKIES.

Very short on the meeting horror icons.

silentmovieman
10-12-2011, 04:16 AM
What is your favorite Carpenter score.

Can't look past the classic Halloween