PDA

View Full Version : which is more chilling/scary music or movies?

jbp is scary
09-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm curious as to which is actually more spine chilling, creepy.eerie songs/themes or actual meant to be chilling/scary movies,what do you think and please give it thought.

A chilling song I know is brick in the wall by pink floyd and it's chilling and even gets a little spooky but, it talks about school.

A good chiller movie I know is 1408 and it's meant to be scary yet I find brick in the wall more haunting and disturbing seeming!

I'm truly curious if anyone else has encountered movies or music that is more chilling or scarier than the other especially theme music in movies!

leezuki
09-17-2011, 02:24 PM
well you need both. it's the music at the right time that makes you jump. imagin a horror movie with no music, it would prob be dull.

jbp is scary
09-17-2011, 03:47 PM
well you need both. it's the music at the right time that makes you jump. imagin a horror movie with no music, it would prob be dull.

true,but silence can lead up to you being scared in a movie too,for example Jurassic park when the raptors attack secretly, there is no music! so,I wouldn't say you always need music in movies to make them scary or better,but,I can't argue that the classic organ like blast sound effect in movies can get your heart racing especially when timed with a creature or killer attack so,yes scary can require a certain amount of music as well!

But,I was more of trying to get others to tell me of songs or themes that give them the hee bee jeebies more than scary movies,heck I've played games that had songs that creeped me out more than alot of scary movies and most were kid games,thus my curiousity as to which is actually scarier scary music or movies!

The Villain
09-17-2011, 04:07 PM
This is scarier then any horror movie:

http://youtu.be/9Yw5jkAHgME

Rela1024
09-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Thriller scares me it's the only Michael Jackson song I can't listen too Vincent Price voice just adds extra creepiness im such a wimp

neverending
09-17-2011, 10:08 PM
What's scarier than either is the imagination. Without that, neither movies nor music would be scary.

The Villain
09-18-2011, 03:50 AM
What's scarier than either is the imagination. Without that, neither movies nor music would be scary.

Oooooo i like that

Rela1024
09-18-2011, 06:58 AM
That's true my imagination goes hay wire while watching scary movies

jbp is scary
09-18-2011, 08:02 AM
see this is what I was wanting from everyone!

that sonic music was creepy!

thriller? yeah I can agree it is quite eerie!

also tis a very good point that imagination makes almost all the difference with both music and movies because if you believe a scary movie's story or hear a creepy song your mind can wonder and make you feel on edge and this is what horror is all about,heck without imagination we wouldn't even have horror at all,I mean just think how many sick people are out there thinking up these movies,songs,and themes LOL without such people there would be no scary A movies anywhere!!!

leezuki
09-18-2011, 08:03 AM
theme from halloween movie allways creeps the hell out of me.

jbp is scary
09-18-2011, 08:17 AM
theme from halloween movie allways creeps the hell out of me.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss and I like it all the much more for the same Reason,gives me chills and pretty much is handcuffed to the movie series,without it I wouldn't like halloween much!

The Villain
09-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss and I like it all the much more for the same Reason,gives me chills and pretty much is handcuffed to the movie series,without it I wouldn't like halloween much!

I don't think Psycho would have been as creepy without it's great theme and the same goes for Suspiria.

TheWickerFan
09-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Of all the horror music I love, there's nothing that unnerves me as much as the music of Gyorgy Ligeti. My father used to play the soundtrack to 2001 A Space Odyssey all the time, and it scared the crap out of me when I was little.

leezuki
09-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Of all the horror music I love, there's nothing that unnerves me as much as the music of Gyorgy Ligeti. My father used to play the soundtrack to 2001 A Space Odyssey all the time, and it scared the crap out of me when I was little.

i agree with u there, whenever i hear tha music i takes me staight bact to when i was a kid lol

Fearonsarms
09-25-2011, 02:49 PM
You have to listen to Dead Can Dance (you may have heard them on the soundtracks to Demons 2 and The Mist for example)what's unique with them is how they get scarier the more you hear them as all the haunting layers reveal themselves just like in an awesome movie :)

MichaelMyers
09-26-2011, 05:16 PM
What an excellent day for an exorcism! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOzXr6BYpwE&feature=related

ZombieDrone
09-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Last year I was studying music at University and for a course on music in film we had to choose a film and analyse it's score.

I chose Suspiria.

I still laugh a little at playing the theme to one of my friends who thought it sounded like christmas music with the twinkling bells. As soon as that whispering came in she looked freaked out.

She also freaked when I showed her In Heaven from Eraserhead.

I also showed her the opening killing in Suspiria...nothing.

Personally, movies are what I find scarier, but I think the score can amplify it.

Fearonsarms
09-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Miranda Sex Garden do an excellent creepy cover of In Heaven.

KaydenTheron92
09-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Creepy music IN scary movies ... Cuz the movie isnt scary if u play it in silence