PDA

View Full Version : Favourite film involving vampires?

headswillroll
09-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm not really a big fan on vampires, (I'm more there with the werewolves. :D ) but I gotta say I do really love Interview with the Vampire! It's easily one of my favourite films.

I just do love a horror film (I would really say it is angst more than anything) that doesn't rely on blood and gore to give you just a little bit of a chill, think ''bloody disgusting''etc, and the black humour in it mixes in well with the chaotic madness of it all.

Just intrigued to what people would say their favourite vampire movie is, and hope that the most percent will not say Twilight. We can't call that sugary fluff nonsense a good scare of a movie. Haha.

leezuki
09-08-2011, 12:58 PM
i will have to say

vamp(my all time fave)
from dusk til dawn
interveiw with a vampire
stake land
fright night

headswillroll
09-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Fright Night is definitely a great one, and Dusk Till Dawn is more of a horror comedy, but great nonetheless. The Lost boys has got to be in there, too. Packed with hot vampires, killer music, and a comedic, yet, great, storyline. Have you seen the Lost Boys at all?

And Interview with ''A'' vampire - The film is ''the'' vampire, is it not? I've read the book, too, but am sure it's the same as the film title as well. I could be wrong though. And Queen of the Damned (movie)...I found that to be a real big flop!

I haven't seen Stake Land or Vamp. Are they rather good then? I know I need to see Near Dark. That's been recommended to me many times, but I have yet to buy it.

leezuki
09-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Fright Night is definitely a great one, and Dusk Till Dawn is more of a horror comedy, but great nonetheless. The Lost boys has got to be in there, too. Packed with hot vampires, killer music, and a comedic, yet, great, storyline. Have you seen the Lost Boys at all?

And Interview with ''A'' vampire - The film is ''the'' vampire, is it not? I've read the book, too, but am sure it's the same as the film title as well. I could be wrong though. And Queen of the Damned (movie)...I found that to be a real big flop!

I haven't seen Stake Land or Vamp. Are they rather good then? I know I need to see Near Dark. That's been recommended to me many times, but I have yet to buy it.

near dark
lost boys
how could i forget them, great films.
queen of the damned was total crap i thought.stake land and vamp u should check out great movies.

neverending
09-08-2011, 01:56 PM
The Hammer Dracula series starring Chris Lee.

headswillroll
09-08-2011, 02:03 PM
The Hammer Dracula series starring Chris Lee.

Oh, I just lover Hammer films (I do prefer Amicus productions mind you) though I haven't seen Dracula, or any of the classics of them. There are quite a few though. (By Hammer alone) I will have to watch some sometime though. :)

The Villain
09-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Nosferatu
Dracula (Bela Lugosi)
The Hammer Dracula films starring Christopher Lee
Fright Night
The Lost Boys
Let The Right One In

Rela1024
09-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Interview With the Vampire and Fright Night......Fright Night was kinda creepy though

ManchestrMorgue
09-08-2011, 08:56 PM
I love the vampire genre.

Some of my favourites include:

Nosferatu (both versions, although I prefer the 1921 original)
Dracula (1931)
The Hammer vampire films (including the Karnstein films, Vampire Circus, and The Kiss of the Vampire)
Fearless Vampire Killers
Let The Right One In
Blood and Roses
The Count Yorga movies
Captain Kronos, Vampire Hunter

ABjerg
09-09-2011, 05:20 AM
30 Days of Night
Van Helsing

newb
09-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Bela's Dracula

both Nosferatu

Christopher Lee's Drac

Fright Night

Near Dark

Salem's Lot [ original ]

The Night Stalker [ tv movie]

Fearless Vampire Killers

hammerfan
09-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Bela's Dracula

both Nosferatu

Christopher Lee's Drac

Fright Night

Near Dark

Salem's Lot [ original ]

The Night Stalker [ tv movie]

Fearless Vampire Killers

I agree with all those, and I'll throw in Frank Langella's Dracula.

phantomstranger
09-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Horror Of Dracula
House Of Dark Shadows
Fright Night (original)
Dracula (1931)
From Dusk Till Dawn
The Night Stalker
Salem's Lot (1979)
The Night Flier
Dracula 2000 (what can I say, I like this movie)

GraveDigger
09-09-2011, 06:30 PM
I liked Let the Right One in.... Not the new version that was made in america but that other one....:)

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 04:50 AM
I liked Let the Right One in.... Not the new version that was made in america but that other one....:)

I've seen the new one, and I thought it to be rather rubbish, which has made me not bother watching the original. It could be good though, so I should give it a whirl.

And on my list, I totally forgot to put (Stephen King) The Night Flier. That truly is a great film!

The Villain
09-10-2011, 04:54 AM
I've seen the new one, and I thought it to be rather rubbish, which has made me not bother watching the original. It could be good though, so I should give it a whirl.

And on my list, I totally forgot to put (Stephen King) The Night Flier. That truly is a great film!

I thought Let Me In was great and i actually preferred one part of it vs. the original. But Let The Right One In is an amazing movie and you should check it out.

King Krysis
09-10-2011, 06:47 AM
im not really into watching vampire films (well not so much as other horror sub-genres).

but this would be my list of which ones i did enjoy:
- The lost boys(1987)
- Let the right one in(2008)
- Nosferatu (1922) and Nosferatu (1979)
- Fright night(1985)
- Bram stoker's Dracula(1992)

so not many but that's a list of my personal favorites that i have in my collection.

neverending
09-10-2011, 07:23 AM
I also liked one with Nic Cage called Kiss of the Vampire or Vampire's Kiss.

For those of you who are not Cage haters, check it out.

TheWickerFan
09-10-2011, 08:01 AM

It was worth it for this scene alone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLrALs-Nq_I

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 08:38 AM

That's the one where it's all in his mind, isn't it? I haven't seen the film, but someone did tell me about it, and said it was fairly okay. It seems there are quite a few ''vampy'' films I need to watch, particularly those of the classics. :)

The Villain
09-10-2011, 10:41 AM
That's the one where it's all in his mind, isn't it? I haven't seen the film, but someone did tell me about it, and said it was fairly okay. It seems there are quite a few ''vampy'' films I need to watch, particularly those of the classics. :)

Well no need for me to watch it anymore :rolleyes:

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Well, I'm not sure if it is, what I said, as I haven't seen the film. I could be wrong.

Why don't you go watch it! I've given nothing away. :D

The Villain
09-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Well, I'm not sure if it is, what I said, as I haven't seen the film. I could be wrong.

Why don't you go watch it! I've given nothing away. :D

You blurted out the ending, hows that not giving anything away?

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 10:46 AM
You blurted out the ending, hows that not giving anything away?

I didn't BLURT out the ending! I merely asked the person above if I was right or wrong. I, peronally, haven't seen the film.

There's only one way to find out. Go watch it. Geez. :rolleyes:

The Villain
09-10-2011, 10:49 AM
I didn't BLURT out the ending! I merely asked the person above if I was right or wrong. I, peronally, haven't seen the film.

There's only one way to find out. Go watch it. Geez. :rolleyes:

Okay but if you are right, then you ruined the ending for me and even if you're wrong, i'm still hesitant to watch it now.

The Villain
09-10-2011, 10:52 AM
It also has nothing to do with the movie itself, its the principle of the thing. Sorry if you think i'm being a sensitive jerk but i hate when people do that.

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 10:56 AM
It also has nothing to do with the movie itself, its the principle of the thing. Sorry if you think i'm being a sensitive jerk but i hate when people do that.

I'm sure you've done it before, as most people have. I mean take this forum for example, if someone were to mention on this thread about a certain vampire film they liked and their favourite scene (If that had of been what I was curious to hear) then wouldn't they being giving it away for the people who haven't seen that certain film? Nobody would have said anything then. :D That sort of thing always happens when people ''talk and have discussions'' about certain topics.

I apologise if I've got your back up!

The Villain
09-10-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm sure you've done it before, as most people have. I mean take this forum for example, if someone were to mention on this thread about a certain vampire film they liked and their favourite scene (If that had of been what I was curious to hear) then wouldn't they being giving it away for the people who haven't seen that certain film? Nobody would have said anything then. :D That sort of thing always happens when people ''talk and have discussions'' about certain topics.

I apologise if I've got your back up!

Alright i'm done. There's no need to be condescending.

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Condescending! Oh, please, I was merely putting a point across. You just need to lighten up!

The Villain
09-10-2011, 11:21 AM
That sort of thing always happens when people ''talk and have discussions'' about certain topics.

That right there is condescending.

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 12:13 PM
If you say so. :D :D

TheWickerFan
09-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Well no need for me to watch it anymore :rolleyes:

Me neither.

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Me neither.

Millions of other films to watch. :)

The Villain
09-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Millions of other films to watch. :)

Are you just trying to antagonize people?

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Are you just trying to antagonize people?

What is this bitch time? Okay, so I said one thing to another person on this thread and you have to have a bitch fit! Get over yourself. And if you really think I'm looking for arguments then you truly are a paranoid person. I get it. I gave it away, but then I could be wrong. I don't need others agreeing with you just to tell me what you have already said. Maybe it's not me looking for agruments. :)

The Villain
09-10-2011, 12:42 PM
What is this bitch time? Okay, so I said one thing to another person on this thread and you have to have a bitch fit! Get over yourself. And if you really think I'm looking for arguments then you truly are a paranoid person. I get it. I gave it away, but then I could be wrong. I don't need others agreeing with you just to tell me what you have already said. Maybe it's not me looking for agruments. :)

When did i have a bitch fit? You really need to re-read what i said. I stated that i don't like it when people ruin things for me and you got insulting. But yeah maybe i need to get over myself. Sorry, next time i just won't have an opinion.

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 12:46 PM
When did i have a bitch fit? You really need to re-read what i said. I stated that i don't like it when people ruin things for me and you got insulting. But yeah maybe i need to get over myself. Sorry, next time i just won't have an opinion.

How did I get insulting!? Do clarify that one. Did I say something offensive? No, I did not. Yes, you are entitled to give your opinion as freely as anyone on this site, and so am I, but maybe there's no need for you to get so uptight because I may have given something away. I didn't do it intentionally (sp?) or on purpose, but merely because I was making conversation with another member on this site.

I haven't been offensive nor insulting, so please...It seems maybe you are the one looking for an argument. I was merely giving an example earlier on and it was you who subtly bit back. There's no need for that!

The Villain
09-10-2011, 12:49 PM
How did I get insulting!? Do clarify that one. Did I say something offensive? No, I did not. Yes, you are entitled to give your opinion as freely as anyone on this site, and so am I, but maybe there's no need for you to get so uptight because I may have given something away. I didn't do it intentionally (sp?) or on purpose, but merely because I was making conversation with another member on this site.

I haven't been offensive nor insulting, so please...It seems maybe you are the one looking for an argument. I was merely giving an example earlier on and it was you who subtly bit back. There's no need for that!

If you thought i was being uptight then you are going to have a lot of problems in life dealing with people because i was no where near being uptight. I said something that bothered me, i didnt insult you or get uptight like you said. You decided to be sarcastic and sensitive instead of just having a regular conversation with me.

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 12:55 PM
If you thought i was being uptight then you are going to have a lot of problems in life dealing with people because i was no where near being uptight. I said something that bothered me, i didnt insult you or get uptight like you said. You decided to be sarcastic and sensitive instead of just having a regular conversation with me.

Then perhaps you should rephrase your words then. It is easy to take things out of context, but it seemed that you were getting bitchy merely to the fact I may have given something away. Big deal to be fair! It's nothing to get so pissy about, but then again, you said that wasn't the case. Maybe that was me, but whatever.

And maybe if you didn't put in your two cents when I gave a comment to someone, we wouldn't be having this conversation now, would we?

If the other person feels I have insulted them, then I will apologise, but please don't start throwing around accusations when I have done nothing wrong!

Oh, and sarcastic. It seems I'm not only one that is misreading things!

The Villain
09-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Then perhaps you should rephrase your words then. It is easy to take things out of context, but it seemed that you were getting bitchy merely to the fact I may have given something away. Big deal to be fair! It's nothing to get so pissy about, but then again, you said that wasn't the case. Maybe that was me, but whatever.

And maybe if you didn't put in your two cents when I gave a comment to someone, we wouldn't be having this conversation now, would we?

If the other person feels I have insulted them, then I will apologise, but please don't start throwing around accusations when I have done nothing wrong!

Oh, and sarcastic. It seems I'm not only one that is misreading things!

Whatever, just drop it.

headswillroll
09-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I will in future if this doesn't happen again. :) Toodaloo!

Elvis_Christ
09-10-2011, 05:23 PM

I've still got to check that one out. Now you've reminded me I'll bump it up the list!

-----------------

Most people hate it but I dug John Carpenter's Vampires.

Agree with everyone who mentioned Near Dark, Fright Night, Vamp and Martin (vampire movie? that debatable I guess) they all rule. The original Nosferatu is a favourite of mine too.

Let Me In & Let The Right One In both impressed me. Sacrilege for some but I think I enjoyed the American one better (more fresh on the mind anyway).

Need to watch all the Hammer stuff again. Enjoyed the atmosphere first time round but found them a little dry and dull. Lee fucking killed it anyways and is perhaps the most iconic Dracula for me.

TheWickerFan
09-11-2011, 02:24 AM
I really liked a film from 1979 called Thirst.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/images/t-z/thirst.jpg

Elvis_Christ
09-11-2011, 02:28 AM
I really liked a film from 1979 called Thirst.

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/images/t-z/thirst.jpg

Ahhh fuck how could I forget that one! Dug it a bunch too. Henry Silva just steals every scene of every movie he's in. He blew me away when I watched Code Of Silence as a kid.

Fearonsarms
09-25-2011, 02:13 PM
My word wasn't that the sequel to "The Hunger"? goodness I saw those when I was very young and can barely remember them-so besides them my faves:

Cronos
Vampyr
Nosferatu
Night Of The Devils (if I remember right it was the 1972 one with vampires or 1971-ialways get them confused)
The Addiction (if people can list Martin then I can say this)
Vamp
The Lost Boys
Interview With The Vampire
Let The Right One In

ZombieDrone
09-25-2011, 02:56 PM
All time? Nosferatu The Vampire. (The Herzog film). I'm of the belief that if you plan on remaking a movie you should take the concept a good distance from the original (like The Thing or The Fly), but this film is really just beautiful and adds just the right elements (namely, the Count has a kit more personality in this version)

That said, I love the original too. Martin's also great as is Salem's Lot (if it were shorter that'd be a bonus) and 30 Days of Night is good in places.

Ultimately, the best Vampires IMO are the traditional Nosferatu style Bat/Human hybrids. Creepy.