PDA

View Full Version : mummy movies

leezuki
08-28-2011, 04:54 AM
can anybody recommend any good mummy movies for me, not mummy or mummy returns, there the only ones i have seen and i really want to watch some good mummy movies. so any ideas i would be most grateful.

The Villain
08-28-2011, 07:16 AM
The Mummy (1932)
The Mummy's Hand (1940)
The Mummy's Tomb (1942)
The Mummy's Ghost (1944)
The Mummys Curse (1944)
The Mummy (1959)
The Curse Of The Mummy's Tomb (1964)
The Mummy's Shroud (1966)
Blood From The Mummy's Tomb (1971)

leezuki
08-28-2011, 07:25 AM
The Mummy (1932)
The Mummy's Hand (1940)
The Mummy's Tomb (1942)
The Mummy's Ghost (1944)
The Mummys Curse (1944)
The Mummy (1959)
The Curse Of The Mummy's Tomb (1964)
The Mummy's Shroud (1966)
Blood From The Mummy's Tomb (1971)

cheers dude, i looked alot up but i dont know what mummy movies are worth watching, why i asked on here. i have never watched any before.

The Villain
08-28-2011, 07:35 AM
The original is good and The Hammer ones are pretty good. Those start with The Mummy (1959)

leezuki
08-29-2011, 11:55 PM
The original is good and The Hammer ones are pretty good. Those start with The Mummy (1959)

i am starting with the 1932 one, going to watch it today.

ManchestrMorgue
08-30-2011, 12:45 AM
The Universal Mummy films are good. The first one (with Karloff in it) was a great movie and quite different to the movies that came after it.

The rest of the series are more B-grade, but are fun in their own way.

Hammer's The Mummy (1959) is an excellent film - much better than the Hammer mummy films that followed it (although they are also not without their charm).

Blood From The Mummy's Tomb is interesting - based on a Bram Stoker story I believe (Jewel of the Seven Stars). Quite different in feel to the other mummy films listed. The same story was later filmed as The Awakening (1980) with Charlton Heston.

Ferox13
08-30-2011, 12:59 AM
Has anyone seen Dawn of the Mummy - its cheesey Mummy gore movie designed to cash in on the Zombie craze. Kinda fun...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b3/Dawn_of_the_mummy_poster.jpg/220px-Dawn_of_the_mummy_poster.jpg

e7qP7Q-P8xM

leezuki
08-30-2011, 02:06 AM
i will def be checking these out.

i was just thinking today that they still make vampire movies, werewolf movies ect, why aint there been any modern mummy movies apart from the mummy and muummy returns, i dont really include those films tho, they were more family movies to me.

Fearonsarms
08-30-2011, 11:16 AM
I agree mys sister bought me the remake of The Mummy with Brendan Fraser thinking I'd love it as a horror fan but you are right its a family movie.

The Villain
08-30-2011, 02:19 PM
i will def be checking these out.

i was just thinking today that they still make vampire movies, werewolf movies ect, why aint there been any modern mummy movies apart from the mummy and muummy returns, i dont really include those films tho, they were more family movies to me.

Theres not as much interest in mummies. They're much harder to write compared to Zombie, Werewolf and Vampire movies.

leezuki
08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Theres not as much interest in mummies. They're much harder to write compared to Zombie, Werewolf and Vampire movies.

i know what u mean, but with all these remakes they just keep making i would have thought someone would have come up with an idea by now.but i know what u mean by interest has gone.

The Villain
08-30-2011, 02:24 PM
i know what u mean, but with all these remakes they just keep making i would have thought someone would have come up with an idea by now.but i know what u mean by interest has gone.

Would you really want them to remake a classic mummy movie?

leezuki
08-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Would you really want them to remake a classic mummy movie?

no not remake, come up with a new story for the new generation.like i said vampire movies werewolf movies are still being made, but mummys have just been left on the shelf.

The Villain
08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
no not remake, come up with a new story for the new generation.like i said vampire movies werewolf movies are still being made, but mummys have just been left on the shelf.

Are there really new vampire and werewolf movies being made? Because the last vampire movie's that have been made that i can think of are Fright Night and Let Me In (Both remakes) and the last werewolf movie i can think of is The Wolfman (obviously a remake)

Not to mention the travesty that is Twilight......

leezuki
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Are there really new vampire and werewolf movies being made? Because the last vampire movie's that have been made that i can think of are Fright Night and Let Me In (Both remakes) and the last werewolf movie i can think of is The Wolfman (obviously a remake)

Not to mention the travesty that is Twilight......

i know what u mean, but u have had blade , dog soldiers, let the right one in was an original, but the point is they are still making them and when was the last propper mummy movie made, i would like to see a dark modern version made. not a remake, or maybe it a revamp might be good ?

The Villain
08-30-2011, 02:43 PM
i know what u mean, but u have had blade , dog soldiers, let the right one in was an original, but the point is they are still making them and when was the last propper mummy movie made, i would like to see a dark modern version made. not a remake, or maybe it a revamp might be good ?

Blade is an comic book adaptation and not exactly recent, same as Dog Soliders. Also Dog Soldiers and Let The Right One In are foreign (For me at least.) Not that that matters since i love foreign movies and thats not what were talking about at all but America needs to get its shit together when it comes to horror movies.

leezuki
08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Blade is an comic book adaptation and not exactly recent, same as Dog Soliders. Also Dog Soldiers and Let The Right One In are foreign (For me at least.) Not that that matters since i love foreign movies and thats not what were talking about at all but America needs to get its shit together when it comes to horror movies.

yea but my point is that they are still making these movies and mummys just been left behind.i am yet still to watch the mummy movies so i cant say too much, but do u think it should just be left behind or brought back to the new generation, or like u said people may not be interseted anymore, but i think if u got a good scrypt i would love to watch a good modern mummy movie.

The Villain
08-30-2011, 02:54 PM
yea but my point is that they are still making these movies and mummys just been left behind.i am yet still to watch the mummy movies so i cant say too much, but do u think it should just be left behind or brought back to the new generation, or like u said people may not be interseted anymore, but i think if u got a good scrypt i would love to watch a good modern mummy movie.

They're not being made as much as they should i guess. I've never been really all that into Mummies but if a good original movie came around i would check it out.

leezuki
08-30-2011, 03:02 PM
They're not being made as much as they should i guess. I've never been really all that into Mummies but if a good original movie came around i would check it out.

i never have i guess, but i supose thats why i want to watch some of the movies to see if i like any of them.