PDA

View Full Version : Don't be Afraid of the Dark

DavidPyle
08-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Director of Pan's Labyrinth
...Guillermo Del Toro

I'm beginning to really like this directors vision on horror. Terror through the eyes of a child has to dredge up latent feelings in almost everyone.
This one did a good job and the ending was terrific. No spoilers here.
Would like to see more horror like this.

The Villain
08-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Did you ever see the original?

I'm really excited to see the remake. Guillermo Del Toro is awesome.

TheWickerFan
08-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Guillermo Del Toro didn't direct this movie, so I'm not too optimistic.

The Villain
08-28-2011, 08:42 AM
He didnt direct The Orphanage either but i think his part in it helped to make it as great as it was

leezuki
08-28-2011, 08:50 AM
i have been looking forward to this, i am yet to watch the original.
i thought it was a tv series, or was it a tv movie ?

The Villain
08-28-2011, 09:11 AM
It was a made for TV movie

Fearonsarms
08-30-2011, 11:08 AM
I still need to see the original of this.

ABjerg
08-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Did you ever see the original?

I'm really excited to see the remake. Guillermo Del Toro is awesome.
This, I luv him!!

The Orphanage>>>>>>>>>>

But yeah, it looks insane, hope it's great!

Jokuc
09-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I haven't seen the original.
So I guess I have to watch that one first, huh?

The Villain
09-10-2011, 12:46 PM
I haven't seen the original.
So I guess I have to watch that one first, huh?

No, you don't have to. They're actually pretty different. But the original is good so i would suggest you watch it at some point.

The_Return
09-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Never seen the original, but the new one was decent enough. Even though he didn't direct, you can tell Del Toro was still really involved...whole thing is just dripping with his style.

I was kind of expecting better though...would have liked a lot more out of the story. There wasn't really much reason to care about what was going on, even though the little creatures were badass.

Angra
09-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Never seen the original, but the new one was decent enough. Even though he didn't direct, you can tell Del Toro was still really involved...whole thing is just dripping with his style.

I was kind of expecting better though...would have liked a lot more out of the story. There wasn't really much reason to care about what was going on, even though the little creatures were badass.

The original wasn't very good, imho.

Fearonsarms
09-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Just saw the original and I loved it-there's something relentlessly creepy about the whole thing probably the subtle sound effects which become increasingly menacing as the film progresses.

leezuki
09-26-2011, 09:48 AM
just wached the new one today i liked it,but going to watch the original soon i am looking forward to see if t it is just as good.