PDA

View Full Version : BLOODY PULP (1982) - the lost movie Fangoria cover story

Video Junkie
08-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Greetings fellow horror addicts!

Just wanted to post a link to this here as I think some folks (esp. the old school variety) might enjoy this story I did. BLOODY PULP was an anthology that holds the unfortunate distinction of being the only film to grace the feature story on a Fangoria cover but actually never get finished. After reading a post at the AV Maniacs forum, I took it upon myself to find out just what the hell happened to this film. And, believe it or not, I found out! I was able to get in touch with co-creators Thomas Doran and Frank Farel. Both men were more than willing to give me the story behind the story. Not only that, but they supplied me with storyboards, art and never-before-seen photographs. And Mr. Farel shares the story about how footage he shot as a 19-year-old college student ended up being seen nationwide in the opening of the U.S. release of DOCTOR BUTCHER, M.D. (aka ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST).

If you feel like stepping back into 1982 (and, honestly, who doesn't) check it out!

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/08/never-got-made-files-67-bloody-pulp.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-new2tiv-VsU/TkqFCrSuftI/AAAAAAAACNg/ujwBw17hffc/s1600/bp+zombie.jpg

Mrjlofton
01-13-2017, 04:01 AM
The gentleman you see in this picture is actually my Father Ronald W. Lofton who has unfortunately passed away in the summer 1999. I my self am an actor to honor my late father. I also have photos of him to confirm this.

Sculpt
01-13-2017, 04:16 PM
The gentleman you see in this picture is actually my Father Ronald W. Lofton who has unfortunately passed away in the summer 1999. I my self am an actor to honor my late father. I also have photos of him to confirm this.
Cool! Welcome to the board! I wonder how the film shots made in the US became an Italian horror film release?

Mrjlofton
01-13-2017, 04:43 PM
I have the least clue. Do you know if there's any clips that may have been released?