PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen MAY?

nine9
05-02-2004, 08:13 AM
I bought this one. Sick, gory, campy and funny in a sick kinda way.

Very dark, truly horror.

It is fairly new, and would probably be in festival flicks.
The actress in it played Carrie in the TV version.

jay o2 waster
05-02-2004, 09:21 AM
great movie

"if you can't find a friend, make one"

nine9
05-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Isn't it though!

I am suprised that a lot of horror fans haven't seen this.

I am always trying to promote it. On another site NO ONE had seen it!

jay o2 waster
05-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by nine9
Isn't it though!

I am suprised that a lot of horror fans haven't seen this.

I am always trying to promote it. On another site NO ONE had seen it!

everyBODY must see it, it is a fucking classic

nine9
05-02-2004, 09:45 AM
You are so right ! We can make it a mission to spread the word!

HEY EVERYONE SEE THIS ONE!

jay o2 waster
05-02-2004, 09:48 AM
yeah or else i will gut u

nine9
05-02-2004, 09:57 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MichaelMyers
05-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Great flick. Last scene is classic.

nine9
05-02-2004, 11:08 AM
This just warms my evil little horror watching heart!

Glad to see you guys are not just into mainstream stuff!

That's another reason I love it here!

Yes the last scene was priceless & loved the day care scene, being that I run one!
I saw a girl that looked just like her on the bus! Now that IS scary!

jay o2 waster
05-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Maybe it's an omen

meetthecreeper
05-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Saw it loved it thought the chick that played May was Hoooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

orangestar
05-02-2004, 07:09 PM
It was pretty good, I loved the relationship between May and whats-his-name. It was a really good story.

nine9
05-02-2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah, kinda touching until it gets a little messy!

May hot??????

Well I guess if your into lazy eyed stringy haired cannibal psychos with no friends. But hey, we all have our own personal tastes, and this is a horror site!

feral cat
05-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Loved this movie it was an outstanding debut … I think a lot of people missed the underlying theme of the movie though!

Feral Cat

May review (http://www.shadowfaxmedia.co.uk/may.html)

nine9
05-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Great review, couldn't have written it better myself! Agreed on all counts!

Talk to you tomorrow though gotta wake up at 5 am and just watched your recomendation Devil's Backbone, bitchin good movie! I hold you responsible for being wacked out tomorrow though. Worth it bigtime!

feral cat
05-02-2004, 08:45 PM
... enjoy work with no sleep ... still can't find Norfolk!

Catch you later

Feral Cat

nine9
05-02-2004, 08:54 PM
Really?

It is Northfork. Hope I didn't write that wrong. You will find it. If I can find it in Winnipeg, you can find it anywhere! You will like it, it is just a weird and quirky movie. Touching too!

Are you in the States or Canada, or somewhere else?

feral cat
05-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Really?

It is Northfork. Hope I didn't write that wrong. You will find it. If I can find it in Winnipeg, you can find it anywhere! You will like it, it is just a weird and quirky movie. Touching too!

Are you in the States or Canada, or somewhere else?
I expect you wrote it correctly, my dyslexia makes me think I written one thing and actually write another if I don’t keep an eye on it!

Found Northfork’s site, it was popular at Sundance and has a top cast; I really want to see it now!

… Oh I’m in the sunny old UK!!!!

Feral Cat

jay o2 waster
05-03-2004, 06:40 AM
It is May, so I am going to watch May

nine9
05-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Hi again Ferel Cat!

Make sure you watch the director's comments after. Very informative, but expect to see the whole movie over. It goes scene by scene!

I'm sure you'll like this one. Really original and cool!

BudMan
05-03-2004, 06:42 PM
"May" was pretty good. Nice and twisted. I just watched "Gingersnaps 2" over the weekend. It was good but I preferred the first one.

nine9
05-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Definitely gotta see the second one. Good?

Gotta sleep soon, so if I don't answer today I'll answer tommorow!

BudMan
05-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, it was good [ a lot better than a lot of the shit playing at theatres ] I just thought the first one was better. But its most definitely worth a rental.

nine9
05-03-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks! I'll rent it this weekend!

Weekend can't come soon enough. Off all summer so I am PRIMED!

Night Budman!

P.S Got lots of great referrals from Ferel Cat. A lot to catch up on!

Horrorfiend
05-03-2004, 11:12 PM
I really disliked May. It wasn't even a horror film until the last 20 or so minutes. Maybe even less.

Good thing I watched it on The Movie Network and didn't use any of my money to rent it or, God forbid, blind buy the dvd.

nine9
05-04-2004, 06:24 AM
I knew there would be some people who didn't like this movie at all.

I liked the way they gradualy had her descend into madness. I didn't mind that most of the gore was in the end because of this. It was like things kept getting worse and worse.

Anyway appreciate your opinion Horrorfiend!

Sick_As_Fuck
05-05-2004, 06:11 AM
Didn't really like it too much.

launch
05-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Hello all,

New guy here.

I friggin' love May. It is one of the best horror movies made in recent years. Hell, it's one of the best movies from recent years, period!

I agree that Angela Bettis was extremely sexy as May, in an unsettling, keep-it-to-yourself kind of way. She was also Carrie in the lame remake a few years ago. The 2002 version of Carrie was watchable only because she was in it. As much as I like to look at Angela though, Sissy Spacek is the best Carrie imaginable. She really knew how to freak us out.

nine9
05-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Maybe I don't understand everything about guys, but I just can't see May as sexy. She was just so geeky and pathetic. But then again some guys like Sarah Jessica Parker.

That truely has me puzzled. She is the ugliest actress that is passed off as some great beauty. Glad I don't look like that!

feral cat
05-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Maybe I don't understand everything about guys, but I just can't see May as sexy. She was just so geeky and pathetic. But then again some guys like Sarah Jessica Parker.

That truely has me puzzled. She is the ugliest actress that is passed off as some great beauty. Glad I don't look like that!

I agree, but then some people find anyone with a bit of fame sexy no matter how they look!

nine9
05-05-2004, 03:25 PM
So right,

I hate it when Hollywood tries to tell you who you should admire.

WE DO HAVE EYES DUH!

feral cat
05-05-2004, 03:31 PM
The funniest thing about Hollywood is the way they cast men 40 years older than the stunning female co star and then try to pass it off as real life!

… and what bugs me even more is the trend to ugly up, or act handicapped and pass it off as a great acting performance! Yeah right!

nine9
05-05-2004, 04:46 PM
I know the old man thing is just sick to even watch. Like watching my dad with one of my friends. SOOOOOO sick!

A lot of people have commented on the ugly role trend in Hollywood. Instead of casting a regular person or someone truely handicapped, they cast money generating actresses. That is one reason I have started to like foreign films better.

Targangil
05-05-2004, 06:19 PM
I watched May last week, via video rental, I loved it and the way it was more disturbing than shocking - thereby fighting the trend in recent horror.

nine9
05-05-2004, 06:25 PM
I'm not a comedy fan particularily, but I had to watch one right after to get the visual out of my head.

LilMissScareAll
05-08-2004, 08:01 PM
I LOVE May! One of my favorite movies...I bought it when it came out on dvd.
She kinda reminds me of myself... I think that's why I love the movie so much.

LilMissScareAll
05-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BudMan
"May" was pretty good. Nice and twisted. I just watched "Gingersnaps 2" over the weekend. It was good but I preferred the first one.

I love the Ginger Snaps movies, also...I think I liked the 2nd one better...but I love Emily Perkins, and I like B better than Ginger. :p

nine9
05-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Liked The first Gingersnaps, didn't see the second yet. Is it good?
Heard mixed reviews.