PDA

View Full Version : Your Alternate Ending

Nini_luv5
07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Whilst staring off in to space at my horror collection, I began to just sit there and just think about all the greatness I have seen over the years and the profound feeling that many of these classics have left on me.. and then all the terrible, TerribleCrap ive seen as well, just because the ending had ruined it all...

If I had been given the chance to recreate an ending in any movie, to bring that sense of satisfaction as i see the credits roll at the end, I would take this opportunity in a heartbeat.

So I ask, if you could change any ending to any movie which would it be and how would you do it?

The Villain
07-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Great idea for a thread.

I'm going to have to get back to you on this one. Gonna really have to think hard. I have two off the top of my head though.

Jeepers Creepers: Instead of Justin Long dieing, i would have had the sister die. It just seemed more fitting to me at the time.

Altitude:Instead of the happy ending where they fix everything and even their parents are okay. I would have had them hit the plane that killed their parents. It made so much sense and would've served as a great ending that perfectly wrapped things up

What about you?

Nini_luv5
07-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Thank You... It just came to me :)

It is a lot to think about, but the simple one I can think of right now would be...

**SPOILER ALERT!: If you haven't seen "The Mist" **

The Mist: At the very end when the father is screaming in the middle of the road as the Calvary is rolling in, after just shooting his fellow survivors and only son, I wish he would have jumped in front of the rotating wheels of the next oncoming military tank, seeing that he just couldn't live with himself for shooting his friends and loved ones.

But that's just me, if I were in his place, i would have jumped...

The Villain
07-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Oh man, how did i not think of that one? That's the worst ending in movie history!

I would've gone with the ending in the book.
The same goes for Cujo and The Shining.

Nini_luv5
07-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I would've gone with the ending in the book.
The same goes for Cujo and The Shining.

Completely Agree!!!

The Villain
07-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Glad to know im not the only one

Nini_luv5
07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
If only all books turned films stayed true to the original source... i fear that is a world we will never see....

Ferox13
07-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Jaws.

At the end you never see the shark blow up - the last thing you see is the air tank starting to come loose from the sharks mouth and then an explosion from a distance leaving some doubt whether or not the shark died.

Then flash forward - Brody is out fishing with his son. The same Great White rises from the water and snatches his child right out of the boat. Brody grabs his arm to try drag him back but after a brief tug-o-war Brody fall back in the boat with his son's severed arm.

Brody then wakes up in bed covered in sweat - we realise it is all a dream. He turns to his wife for comfort but the shark is in bed beside him. Its head sticking out above the covers.

We see a close up of the shark's eyes. He's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. His eyes roll back showing white - Brody screams as the screen fades to black.

AND CREDITS.....

TheWickerFan
07-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Jacob's Ladder
The Devil's Advocate
The Happening

to name a few

The Villain
07-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Jaws.

At the end you never see the shark blow up - the last thing you see is the air tank starting to come loose from the sharks mouth and then an explosion from a distance leaving some doubt whether or not the shark died.

Then flash forward - Brody is out fishing with his son. The same Great White rises from the water and snatches his child right out of the boat. Brody grabs his arm to try drag him back but after a brief tug-o-war Brody fall back in the boat with his son's severed arm.

Brody then wakes up in bed covered in sweat - we realise it is all a dream. He turns to his wife for comfort but the shark is in bed beside him. Its head sticking out above the covers.

We see a close up of the shark's eyes. He's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. His eyes roll back showing white - Brody screams as the screen fades to black.

AND CREDITS.....

I hope that was a joke. If not, you've been making a bunch of other movies havent you! It's all your fault!

leezuki
07-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Thank You... It just came to me :)

It is a lot to think about, but the simple one I can think of right now would be...

The Mist: At the very end when the father is screaming in the middle of the road as the Calvary is rolling in, after just shooting his fellow survivors and only son, I wish he would have jumped in front of the rotating wheels of the next oncoming military tank, seeing that he just couldn't live with himself for shooting his friends and loved ones.

i love the ending in the mist,but i have not read the book.

The Villain
07-22-2011, 06:24 AM
i love the ending in the mist,but i have not read the book.

You should, it's a lot better. Although the movie does stay pretty true to it except for the parts at the end and not just the final ending but another key part that even Stephen King was unhappy with. I actually liked the movie up until the ending. The monsters and the characters were all done well.

leezuki
07-22-2011, 06:31 AM
i really have to think about this one.

leezuki
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
28 days later.
i liked the movie up until they got to the army base,would have changed the movie from there,turned to much into a rambo movie.

The_Return
07-22-2011, 02:18 PM
28 days later.
i liked the movie up until they got to the army base,would have changed the movie from there,turned to much into a rambo movie.

Have you seen the storyboard alternate ending on the DVD?

leezuki
07-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Have you seen the storyboard alternate ending on the DVD?

no,ill have a watch later.which ending do you like ?

The_Return
07-22-2011, 05:56 PM
no,ill have a watch later.which ending do you like ?

I've come to prefer the actual ending, but when I first watched it I liked the storyboard version a lot better. They both have their pros and cons, but I can see why the went the way they did.

Honestly though, when I first watched the storyboard I hated the whole movie...re-watched the movie awhile back and loved it, but never revisited the alternate endings. So don't take my word on anything, heh.

Nini_luv5
07-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Jacob's Ladder
The Devil's Advocate
The Happening

to name a few

The Happening for sure!!!!
i HATED that ending with the passion of 1000 SUNS!!!!!

The Villain
07-22-2011, 06:11 PM
I agree. For a movie called The Happening, nothing happened at the end. I liked the movie but the ending was pretty boring.

Nini_luv5
07-22-2011, 06:13 PM
I agree. For a movie called The Happening, nothing happened at the end. I liked the movie but the ending was pretty boring.

i think that movie had the perfect potential and perfect setup for a fan-freaking-tastic ending but it wasted it all away for that shitty SHITTY einding

The Villain
07-22-2011, 06:14 PM
i think that movie had the perfect potential and perfect setup for a fan-freaking-tastic ending but it wasted it all away for that shitty SHITTY einding

It definitely could've been better

Nini_luv5
07-22-2011, 06:25 PM
And practically every Stephen King Movies could use a VERY thorough re-write of the entire movie, just cuz the ending would just not suffice

The Villain
07-22-2011, 06:27 PM
And practically every Stephen King Movies could use a VERY thorough re-write of the entire movie, just cuz the ending would just not suffice

I dont know, i liked how Pet Semetary did things. I liked that better then the book actually. Also Thinner. That one was pretty close to the book just without all the needless details.

Nini_luv5
07-22-2011, 06:42 PM
i have to admit that pet semetary ended pretty well and i love thinner but the acting in that one isnt my favorite... i hated the wife and the steriotypical daughter

The Villain
07-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah the acting isnt that great. Hell the movie is only okay. I just didnt like the book. In fact the only Bachman book i've liked is The Regulators.

TheWickerFan
07-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah the acting isnt that great. Hell the movie is only okay. I just didnt like the book. In fact the only Bachman book i've liked is The Regulators.

Did you read The Long Walk? I desperately want to see that made into a film.

The Villain
07-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Did you read The Long Walk? I desperately want to see that made into a film.

Me too but only if they changed the ending. I was so into that book and was really disappointed in the ending.

TheWickerFan
07-23-2011, 02:23 AM
Me too but only if they changed the ending. I was so into that book and was really disappointed in the ending.

I suspect they would as the ending was a little ambiguous.

Fearonsarms
07-23-2011, 03:32 AM
The Blood Beast Terror-the beast should have been given the mate to reproduce.

leezuki
07-23-2011, 05:25 AM

i dont think anything happened throughout the whole film,i really hated that movie.

The Villain
07-23-2011, 10:02 AM
I suspect they would as the ending was a little ambiguous.

I'm fine with ambiguous endings but that was so abrupt and there was such a great build up to the ending and to just have it fall apart like that really upset me.

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 09:38 PM
So I re-watched Rosemary's Baby today and I could not help but imagine an alternate ending for this movie....

if I were Rosemary, I would have kicked Guy's ass!
Just sayn..

The Villain
07-24-2011, 10:03 PM
It wouldnt been cool if they had shown the baby

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 10:05 PM
I know!
I've heard soo many different theories on how the baby looked

The Villain
07-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Thats the only reason why i was somewhat interested in a remake

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 10:16 PM
I have to say that I don't hate the idea of a remake. The original kinda drags so I'm open to what a remake has to offer

The Villain
07-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah thats one of the rare ones i wouldnt mind as long as it was done right....and they showed the little devil baby of course

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Definetly a must!
Imagine they didn't, I'd be forced to thrash someone

The Villain
07-24-2011, 10:33 PM
What would be the point otherwise? Just another dumb remake

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Sad thing is I could totally see that happening. Just to keep the suspense alive.
I imagine it would look something like the Pro-life baby

The Villain
07-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Oh god i would hope not. That thing looked really stupid.

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 10:42 PM
I cracked up Soo hard when that thing popped out. B-movies at it's best :p

The Villain
07-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Haha yeah, i'll give it that

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Makes me just wanna have a MoH marathon right now

The Villain
07-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Oh that reminds me, i gotta watch Jenifer soon

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Now that is a movie that I HATE...

The Villain
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Oh great.....well thanks for the heads up.

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 11:01 PM
That's just me. Don't let that discourage you tho... I suspect a male would like it more than a female would

The Villain
07-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Well i guess that helps me then

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Im interested in your opinion on it... I've heard Soo many ups and downs about it

The Villain
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Maybe i'll watch it tomorrow

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 11:14 PM
I think I'm gonna re-visit the Fair-Haired child tomorrow

The Villain
07-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Might as well go with the good ones

Nini_luv5
07-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Agreed....

Despare
07-25-2011, 09:05 PM
High Tension

Anything but what it was, I don't know, maybe the killer could have been a local law enforcement agent who's really a psychotic killer. ;)

Nini_luv5
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
High Tension

Anything but what it was, I don't know, maybe the killer could have been a local law enforcement agent who's really a psychotic killer. ;)

Sounds too much like Dexter for me

The Villain
07-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Sounds too much like Dexter for me

Nothing wrong with that

Nini_luv5
07-25-2011, 09:20 PM
I liked that the original killer how they were. For a foreign film I thought he ending suited the film very well. But thats just me

The Villain
07-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm one of the few that liked the ending...i guess you're in that club too though

kelvecion
07-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Hated The Happening. The idea just didn't work for me at all.

leezuki
07-29-2011, 05:42 AM
i hated the ending to event horizon, i loved the movie apart from that.

Zombieness
07-29-2011, 06:18 AM

I literally screamed 'YES YES YES' and pounded against the keyboard like a hyperactive ape when I saw that and the other complaints about The Mist's ending. The Mist's ending was awful in my opinion. It was one of the best adaptions of a novel to a film I ever saw...then...that ending. My alternate ending? Change it to the book's one. :P

TheWickerFan
07-29-2011, 06:27 AM
I didn't hate the ending to The Mist. I'm surprised the filmmaker was brave enough to end it the way he did. Downer endings don't normally do well in Hollywood.

The Villain
07-29-2011, 06:30 AM
I didn't hate the ending to The Mist. I'm surprised the filmmaker was brave enough to end it the way he did. Downer endings don't normally do well in Hollywood.

I like downer endings but that ending was just stupid.

SPOILERSA downer ending in my mind would be if he had shot all of them and then himself or let the monsters eat him.

But hey thats just my opinion. I know a lot of people who liked the ending and even Stephen King liked it.

TheWickerFan
07-29-2011, 06:36 AM
I like downer endings but that ending was just stupid.

SPOILERSA downer ending in my mind would be if he had shot all of them and then himself or let the monsters eat him.

But hey thats just my opinion. I know a lot of people who liked the ending and even Stephen King liked it.

In reference to the spoilers, he tried both courses of action and couldn't accomplish either of them. I really didn't find the ending stupid. Just depressing.

The Villain
07-29-2011, 06:39 AM
In reference to the spoilers, he tried both courses of action and couldn't accomplish either of them. I really didn't find the ending stupid. Just depressing.

I know. I meant if they had changed the ending.

SPOILERS: I think the thing that bothered me was that he would be willing to shoot his son. I could never do that. Why did he have to kill everyone that second? I could understand doing it if the monsters were upon you but sitting safely in the car? That just bothered me.

TheWickerFan
07-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Yes, it would have paid to wait a few more minutes. Oh well.

The sort of ending that really bothers me is the ending that basically says either everything you've seen didn't really happen or the shocking twist revealed could not have possibly happened.

The Villain
07-29-2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah those can be annoying. I think a lot of people bring up High Tension in those regards. I make so many excuses for that ending its ridiculous. I just watched it the other day with this girl and after it was over, she turned to me and said "What the fuck was that?"

TheWickerFan
07-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Yep, I agree with her. It just didn't add up. It's a real shame because it was a well made film apart from that twist.

leezuki
07-29-2011, 07:16 AM
i liked the ending to the mist, was a very good ending in my opinion.

The Villain
07-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Yep, I agree with her. It just didn't add up. It's a real shame because it was a well made film apart from that twist.

Yeah that's why i make excuses for it because of how well i liked it. I can still see how it could make sense but unfortunately there is no explanation in the movie so were just left with what we were given.

Elvis_Christ
07-31-2011, 12:08 AM
I'd be down with seeing Ferox's ending to Jaws :D

i liked the ending to the mist, was a very good ending in my opinion.

Yeah I agree. I thought it was brilliant and I don't think I would've enjoyed the film nearly as much without it.

Fearonsarms
08-03-2011, 05:50 AM
I agree that the ending suited the film of The Mist and it was brave to do it.