PDA

View Full Version : Saw Kill Bill VOL.2

cheebacheeba
05-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Here's my thoughts.
v2 would have been better stuck on the ass-end of v1...don't get me wrong, I didn't hate v2, I just didn't much like it.
I know it wasn't meant to be the same "kind of" movie...but I just can't figure out what "kind of" this one was going for. I found it boring to be absolutely honest, lengthy intricate fight scenes replaced with too much convo, and not enough of an asskick "feel".
The fights were O.K, but seriously, all I heard about this film was how much "the shit" the fight between Uma and Daryl was gonna be...what the fuck? Yeah, it ends with an

**Spoilers in the unlikely event that anyone hasn't seen it yet**

eye getting ripped out, but the whole scene didn't have shit on ANY of the fights from the first one.
Madsen going down like a naive bitch?
Bill being "over" within 30 seconds?
I know she's good, but for our benefit, Bill being a little more of a match would've been nice...
and FYI, Q.T...he didn't REALLY have to be playin' a flute, we all know who he is...:rolleyes:...or at this point "was".

Oh yeah, and, as claimed in certain publications, you DON'T get to see the "entire" wedding scene, that's absolute bullshit, (not that it's an actual wedding) you see the events that occur BEFORE it, and then barely more than some gunfire flashes, viewed from outside...

The film was ok, nice resolution...blahblahblah...but I can't say I'll ever be bothered watching it again, is this where a guy makes a film that sucks, but his fans pass it of as "stylishly done" instead of boring and shitty?
I have to admit though, that the story does allow for both further sequel and prequel possibilities...

Arioch
05-02-2004, 09:17 AM
Ya i didnt see the first because EVERYONE was saying it was the best movie ever, blah blah blah, i eventually saw it on video, wasnt bad, but it certianly didnt live up to the hype.

I wont be seeing the 2nd unless i happen upon someone watchin it at the time. And judging from your spoilers it looks like i wont be missing much....

jay o2 waster
05-02-2004, 09:19 AM
i only saw the first half of vol. one and thought it was terriable, and have no intentions of ever finishing it and ever seing vol. 2, imo

cheebacheeba
05-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Well, vol 1 was worth seeing, and watching again...I don't think I ever wanna bother watching the 2nd again....

bansheebc
05-05-2004, 05:55 AM
I didnt like the 5 minute black and white scene, that sucked, so i went ahead and bought the japenese box set wich has more scenes and COLOR!!! defintally high dollar, but worth it,

HappyCamper
05-06-2004, 04:24 PM
WARNING SPOILER AHEAD! :

I didn't see Kill Bill V. 1 until I rented it on dvd. I thought it was ok, definitely didn't think it was all that.

I went and saw V2....it.....well...

SUCKED ASS!!.........................................

SPOILER BELOW!!

I saw the ending coming a mile away, as soon as 'Bill' started talking about the 'magic punch' I knew that was how he was going to die!

Talk about lame ass endings!

Arioch
05-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Its no where NEAR as good as some people claim....i like tarentino too, it saddens me a bit....

cheebacheeba
07-23-2004, 08:06 PM
Yes, I've seen all of Tarantinos work.
I know the majority of his films focus on dialogue.
I was strictly speaking in comparison to KB volume 1, which I loved, I'd prefer #2 to have been a little closer to that.

- B.

Hate_Breeder
07-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Saw Kill Bill v.1 and liked it, havent seen volume 2 yet though

hellfire1
07-23-2004, 08:56 PM
problem for me was that in kill bill vol. 1, a certain rythm was set. and then in vol. 2 ( which qt has said it's not a "part 2", merely the rest of the movie ) that whole rythm is broken. that kind of disappointed me a bit.

second thing that got to me is that one would expect the fights to get harder and more trying as the bride goes along ( kind of like in a video game whan you have to beat the boss of each stage... until you get to the final, most difficult one to beat the game ). but the exact contrary happened.

yes, there were arguments that justified this saying that vol.2 was actually " a love story " between bill and the bride, and thus the true battle lied within her heart, bla, bla, bla... but it still throws a person of balance and makes the film seem a bit uneven, imo.

but i did like it, just not as much as i probably could have.

*end rant*

donnie darkko
07-25-2004, 12:17 PM
Kill Bill V.1 was ok it was good but where was all of Tarantinos great dialogue, V.1 could have been directed by a great action director it didnt have to be Tarantiono but V.2 could have only been directed by Tarantino, everything thats great about quentin is back in v.2 , an awsome story, awsome dialogue, and just a great movie overall, but if people are going in to v.2 expecting V.1 Blood and violance then they will probobly be pretty mad, I thought kill bill v.1 was just ok but V2. was a great tarantino film.

orangestar
07-25-2004, 07:21 PM
I saw V. 1 and I have no interest in seeing V. 2. I think Tarantino may be the most over rated director of all time. The only movie of his I have liked is Jackie Brown, and thats only because of the incredible acting.

Well, I havent seen Reservoir Dogs, so I cant say I hate all his other films, but pretty much, yeah I hate them.

donnie darkko
07-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Cant wait for the vega brothers, Tarantino is great.

cheebacheeba
07-26-2004, 05:06 PM
That really seems like one of those projects that are just never gonna happen...Not saying I wouldn't see it if it did, I just don't think it's very likely.

Chainsaw Guy
07-26-2004, 06:44 PM
V1 was kick#$% V2 was suck @&#