PDA

View Full Version : Straight edge

feral cat
04-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Straight edge ... what‘s with this?
... It was a Henry Rollins line once right now it’s a movement!
We don’t get this in the UK, what bands are straight edge and what’s the culture like, is it just hardcore new punk bands?

… Tell me, I don’t know anything about it!!!

Feral Cat

bloodygurl02
04-29-2004, 06:53 PM
its a drug free movement that started on the punk scene

ok well most staright edgers don't drink , smoke or have multipul sex partners. some even don't drink things w/ caffenine in them like soda and some r vegans to

heres a link for more of a definition and some for more info about this movement
http://www.straight-edge.com/
www.poisonfree.com
http://www.toefur.com/straightedge/
http://www.fortunecity.com/greenfield/shell/5/main.htm

minor threat, glass jaw, dead soil just to name a few r straight edge bands

i would like to add it varies from person to person

i first heard about this not too long ago mayb about a yr ago and i was like that sounds so much like me and as i said a persons definiton of straight edge varies from person to person.

i hoped i helped u out a little feral cat

Arioch
05-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Its a very popular thing to say right now, personally i think its meaningless. If your not gonna do something based on morals or whatnot, just dont do it, i dont see the need to belong to a "movement" about it.

If you are GOING to do drugs, you dont go around saying you belong to some movement or whatnot, no offense to anyone here that may be into this, but i dont understand it. I dont understand why you have to find a community of support and conformity just to make good decisions.....

jay o2 waster
05-06-2004, 09:40 AM
i like crooked edges,...., im so lame \\m//

SoulEater
05-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Its a very popular thing to say right now, personally i think its meaningless. If your not gonna do something based on morals or whatnot, just dont do it, i dont see the need to belong to a "movement" about it.

Wham! Just like that, you go and sum it up perfectly. I couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

When someone refers to themselves as 'straight-edge,' they're really just hazarding yet another desperate attempt to capture some semblance of popularity. Anti-this, anti-that, pro-whatever... the only stance I have on any of these social lubricant issues is "pro-nobody gives a rippin' shit, so quit trying to sell it to us."

Do it for yourself and not for some sheep that need a banner to crowd behind because their parents never made them feel important. And it does sound like you've got the right idea Bloodygurl.

last bad move
05-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SoulEater
Wham! Just like that, you go and sum it up perfectly. I couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

When someone refers to themselves as 'straight-edge,' they're really just hazarding yet another desperate attempt to capture some semblance of popularity. Anti-this, anti-that, pro-whatever... the only stance I have on any of these social lubricant issues is "pro-nobody gives a rippin' shit, so quit trying to sell it to us."

Do it for yourself and not for some sheep that need a banner to crowd behind because their parents never made them feel important. And it does sound like you've got the right idea Bloodygurl. no offence to arioch but i think soul eater said what i could not put into words

Sistinas
05-06-2004, 08:11 PM
I hate straight edge fuckers.I had a friend who was smoking outside of the mall here and he got jumped by a whole group of them.They beat the ever-loving shit out of him,just because he was smoking........outside!

last bad move
05-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Sistinas
I hate straight edge fuckers.I had a friend who was smoking outside of the mall here and he got jumped by a whole group of them.They beat the ever-loving shit out of him,just because he was smoking........outside! hahaha that used to happen to me but not because i was smoking it was because i lived in howell mi (like the kkk capitol of the world because the red dragon lived there) and the wannabe nazi skins heads and red necks that used to love to beat up lonely punks. but when we would get together we would jump them every chance we had.

Sistinas
05-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by last bad move
hahaha that used to happen to me but not because i was smoking it was because i lived in howell mi (like the kkk capitol of the world because the red dragon lived there) and the wannabe nazi skins heads and red necks that used to love to beat up lonely punks. but when we would get together we would jump them every chance we had.

Hell yeah,thats a little peice of justice.I'd love to be with a group of my friends and catch a strait edger all alone.

last bad move
05-06-2004, 11:07 PM
hay Sistinas lets make our own anti-strait edge movement

Sistinas
05-06-2004, 11:29 PM
The S.E.H.

Straight.
Edge.
Hate.

last bad move
05-06-2004, 11:37 PM
The S.E.H.

Straight.
Edge.
Hate. sounds good all we need now is a dime a keg

Horrorfiend
05-06-2004, 11:41 PM
So you would beat up a random straight edger or skinhead because one of their kind attacked you? That's pretty fucked. If you do that then you're no better than they are.

last bad move
05-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Horrorfiend
So you would beat up a random straight edger or skinhead because one of their kind attacked you? That's pretty fucked. If you do that then you're no better than they are. hay i was just joking about the strait edge thing but i would never pass up the chance to beat the shit out of any skin head wannabe nazi. and its not because one of them beat me up its because skin heads go after anyone who is different then them so if they are real skin heads they want to beat me up. and i also think any one who thinks that everyone who isnt "pure" should die should get my boot in there ass.

Sistinas
05-07-2004, 12:18 AM
I don't see alot of difference between nazi's and edger's,other than thier obvious political agendas.

last bad move
05-07-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't see alot of difference between nazi's and edger's,other than thier obvious political agendas. well i guess its the way you look at it

Arioch
05-07-2004, 06:57 AM
The unacceptance and intolerance the strait-edges have for differing points of view is the exact same as that of the nazis against those of different races, its still intolerance and hate......and its still stupid as shit...

last bad move
05-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
The unacceptance and intolerance the strait-edges have for differing points of view is the exact same as that of the nazis against those of different races, its still intolerance and hate......and its still stupid as shit... well there you go

bloodygurl02
05-09-2004, 08:37 PM
ok well i am not like that . i don't beat ppl up cuz they smoke i tend to avoid them when they do. and idon't try to force others to become straight edge . and i am not intolerant i give everyone a chance . i just don't care who they are or waht they do . i like them for them not cuz they r straight edge, preps, jocks or wahtever. only prob i will have is if a person is really intolearant to some one cuz they r handicapped or their skin color

kpropain
05-14-2004, 11:18 AM
I could never be a straight edger, now a beer edger maybe. http://techhelpers.net/e4u/drink/trink21.gif

Thor
05-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by bloodygurl02
ok well i am not like that . i don't beat ppl up cuz they smoke i tend to avoid them when they do. and idon't try to force others to become straight edge . and i am not intolerant i give everyone a chance . i just don't care who they are or waht they do . i like them for them not cuz they r straight edge, preps, jocks or wahtever. only prob i will have is if a person is really intolearant to some one cuz they r handicapped or their skin color

Exactly, because of a few bad people your let your emotions get the best of you insted of hating try extending you hand in a gesture to try to understand, that's the reason we're where at now. Don't det me wrong it's okay to have an opinion but hate is an awful strong word used in any context.

Arioch
05-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Most of the strait-edge people i have met, have a tendency to be VERY intolerant to others, thats not to say that i am Intolerant of them, i value their opinions all the same. But i dont like being condescended, so i tend to avoid THOSE kind of strait-edge people...

bloodygurl02
05-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
Most of the strait-edge people i have met, have a tendency to be VERY intolerant to others, thats not to say that i am Intolerant of them, i value their opinions all the same. But i dont like being condescended, so i tend to avoid THOSE kind of strait-edge people...

well there is an exception to every rule so u don't have to worry i'm a nice one. i'm a very tolerant person i get along w/ just about everyone:D

last bad move
05-17-2004, 11:44 PM
i was thinking about how some strait edgers beat people up for doing drugs or what ever but if you think about it thats retarded if they belived in it so much maby they should try to get that person to stop instead of eating the shit out of them

by the way this wasnt agenst you bloodygurl. you cool

last bad move
05-18-2004, 12:04 AM
I hope no one eats the shit out of anyone!Of course I forgot about whores like SFF,who's the nasty fuck that would eat that pussy(other than that big fat 30 year old virgin devil7511) translation please

Sistinas
05-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Nice edit.

last bad move
05-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Nice edit. what

last bad move
05-18-2004, 01:01 AM
I hope no one eats the shit out of anyone!Of course I forgot about whores like SFF,who's the nasty fuck that would eat that pussy(other than that big fat 30 year old virgin devil7511) ok i finaly got it you ment beat the shit out of no one it took me a while but i got it lol sorry it made no sence before

Thor
05-18-2004, 05:42 PM
Straight edge became popular in the early 80's the guys name is, was Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat, not Henry Rollins who was into drinking at the time. I don't think straight edge is a movement only because there are no organized meetings or meeting places, there is no appoointed leadership or anything of the sort, so how can straight edge be considered a movement? The kids that go out beating down people who smoke or drink or do drugs are Hard Line Straight Edge, I am not in agreement with that attitude, as long as what you are doing doesn't affect me I don't care but if you're gonna blow smoke in my face, well lets just say shit happens other than that I agree with the idea of being straight because I'd rather be in control. With my head thinking straight, not on drugs or alcohol. Oh yeah peace.

bloodygurl02
05-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by last bad move
i was thinking about how some strait edgers beat people up for doing drugs or what ever but if you think about it thats retarded if they belived in it so much maby they should try to get that person to stop instead of eating the shit out of them

by the way this wasnt agenst you bloodygurl. you cool

i helped a friend. he did drugs and i told him how i felt about it cuz we both have basically the same health problems and hes on basically the same meds i was on and i was worried about him. hes been doing pretty good but i didn't force him by beatinbg him up i left it up to him not to b a staright edge but to do it for himself

btw ur also cool last bad move

last bad move
05-19-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Thor
Straight edge became popular in the early 80's the guys name is, was Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat, not Henry Rollins who was into drinking at the time. I don't think straight edge is a movement only because there are no organized meetings or meeting places, there is no appoointed leadership or anything of the sort, so how can straight edge be considered a movement? The kids that go out beating down people who smoke or drink or do drugs are Hard Line Straight Edge, I am not in agreement with that attitude, as long as what you are doing doesn't affect me I don't care but if you're gonna blow smoke in my face, well lets just say shit happens other than that I agree with the idea of being straight because I'd rather be in control. With my head thinking straight, not on drugs or alcohol. Oh yeah peace. good point ever anacrhist groud have meetings