PDA

View Full Version : Slashers from the 2000's

Jokuc
06-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey guys, could you post as many slashers as you know? I just want to see how much I've seen and my memory sucks so I can't remember all the titles :D The reason why I ask about newer slashers is because I've seen so many "old" ones and I watch as much movies as I can, but it's hard to hear about all new titles coming out. No need for info, I just google the names :)
Please don't say "read the top of the 2000's" because that's not only slashers, which I am interested in right now

TheWickerFan
06-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Leslie Vernon

fortunato
06-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Leslie Vernon

Heck yes. Behind the Mask is great. Also check out Amer, which is a recent giallo film.

roshiq
06-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Fritt vilt aka Cold Prey 1 & 2

Liked the sequel bit more than the original. Last year its third entry got released which is a prequel story of the original but turned out pretty average & disappointing in compare to the first 2 parts. So skip the 3rd part.

xbrandonxMD
06-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Hatchet
Hatchet Part 2
Boogeyman Part 2
Valentine
Wrong Turn
Cry Wolf
Stay Alive
Black Christmas

Hope that helps!

The Villain
06-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Hatchet
Hatchet Part 2
Boogeyman Part 2
Valentine
Wrong Turn
Cry Wolf
Stay Alive
Black Christmas

Hope that helps!

Do Cry Wolf and Wrong Turn really count as slashers?

Fearonsarms
06-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Sleepless aka Non Ho Sonno

xbrandonxMD
06-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Do Cry Wolf and Wrong Turn really count as slashers?

You're right about Wrong Turn, but Cry Wolf is definitely a slasher.

Maybe you're thinking of Wolf Creek not being a slasher?

Jokuc
06-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Thank you so much guys :)
Now I have alot to check out this weekend!

The Villain
06-19-2011, 04:26 PM
You're right about Wrong Turn, but Cry Wolf is definitely a slasher.

Maybe you're thinking of Wolf Creek not being a slasher?

No im thinking about Cry Wolf. When you look at it as a whole and not just the events leading up, to me at least it doesnt seem like a slasher.

SPOILERS: Since in the end it was revealed that it was all just a game and no one died except for the girl in the beginning and Bon Jovi, to me that makes it not a slasher. But if you just judge it by how the movie presents itself leading up to that point then yeah it is a slasher. Its an opinion of perception i guess.END OF SPOILERS

I'm probably just thinking too far into it so yeah it can count as a slasher.

Elvis_Christ
06-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Gutterballs and Laid To Rest are two I dug from this era.

_____V_____
06-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Amusement, Dead Silence & All The Boys Love Mandy Lane.

Triangle can be termed as a slasher with a twist.

paws the great
06-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Heck yes. Behind the Mask is great. Also check out Amer, which is a recent giallo film.

I really like gialli, but I didn't care too much for Amer. And I don't think it's a giallo film. I believe it was made in France? But I could be wrong?