PDA

View Full Version : SyFy Original Movies

The Villain
05-24-2011, 02:34 PM
SyFy Original Movies. The joke of all horror movies. These movies are notorious for being the worst horror movies there are. They are filled with bad acting, horrible CGI, simple plots which are riddled with plotholes and a cast that is usually filled with actors who can't do anything else anymore. Most people make fun of these movies and generally hate them but there are those who enjoy them despite their flaws. I am one of those people. There are a few movies that i actually enjoy including:

Mega Piranha
Ogre
Carny
Husk
Scream Of The Banshee
Mongolian Death Worm
Mothman
Monsterwolf
Rock Monster
Sharktopus
Goblin

Anyone else out there enjoy these horrible movies?
If so, which ones?

TheWickerFan
05-24-2011, 04:16 PM
To me, they can't compare to the cheesy 70s and 80s turkeys, but that's probably just my age showing.

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus had its moments.

The Villain
05-24-2011, 04:30 PM
To me, they can't compare to the cheesy 70s and 80s turkeys, but that's probably just my age showing.

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus had its moments.

Oh of course not, those are great for a whole different reason. Its almost as if the SyFy movies are bad on purpose, which isnt necessarily a good thing. Sometimes i feel like they give horror a bad name and i used to hate them due to the lousy CGI.

But now i can enjoy them in spite of their terribleness pretty much because i know what to expect and because a lot of horror movies lately seem to think not showing the monster at all is the better thing to do and i love monsters so the fact that SyFy movies actually show them, albeit in horrible CGI, means a lot to me.

I'll never say that they are great classic horror movies but if i want to watch a lame monster movie with an actual monster in it, at least i know i can always go there.

Elvis_Christ
05-24-2011, 04:57 PM
These are pretty fun if I'm in the right mood but like Wicker I dig the older cheesefests a lot more.

Last one of these I watched was Mega Python Vs. Gateriod.

The Villain
05-24-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm watching Sea Beast right now. Their titles are really uncreative. Anyway i guess i'll see how this one is.

The Villain
05-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Okay yeah i couldnt even finish that one. So bad. If theres one thing i cant stand its unrealistic reactions when characters see the monsters.

Ferox13
05-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Megapiranha was my fave so far - Tiffany rocked in it..

The Villain
05-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Megapiranha was my fave so far - Tiffany rocked in it..

I actually really liked that one. I have it on Blu-Ray

Fearonsarms
05-26-2011, 09:50 PM
The titles are amusing if nothing else-as others said you can't really beat the 70s and 80s for absolute cheese

The Ugly Duchess
05-27-2011, 06:31 AM
The only one of this group I have seen is Ogre. I did enjoy it.

The Villain
05-27-2011, 10:35 AM
I liked Ogre too. The story got a little weird at points though.