PDA

View Full Version : scary movies that have reappeared surprisingly

jbp is scary
03-27-2011, 05:46 PM
what horror movies did you think were long gone but,have recently reappeared in the years 2000 to 2011?

for me I would have to say that I'm surprised that there has recently been a new blair witch project movie because the original was dull in my opinion!

neverending
03-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Rob Zombie's Halloween. It's in development as a project for Duncan Jones.

BookZombie
03-28-2011, 12:53 AM
You guys on this forum helped me find Katt, a Danish movie which I though long forgotten, but apparently there is a German release of it. :)

TheWickerFan
03-28-2011, 02:16 AM
I thought that the Bravo channel's 100 scariest countdown back in 2004 brought a bunch of lesser known horror to people's attention.http://www.listology.com/amyd/list/bravos-100-scariest-movie-moments-and-30-even-scarier-movie-moments

swiss tony
03-29-2011, 09:26 AM
I thought that the Bravo channel's 100 scariest countdown back in 2004 brought a bunch of lesser known horror to people's attention.http://www.listology.com/amyd/list/bravos-100-scariest-movie-moments-and-30-even-scarier-movie-moments

Nice link. Unlike many of these sorts of lists, there are some surprises entries and also placings. Audition, for example (it was ranked 11), is a favourite of mine as it is extremely well rounded, compelling throughout, humourous and ultimately extremely brutal but all in context.

jbp is scary
03-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Darn I would have liked to have watched that countdown,oh well thanks to youtube I found deadly friend which I feel is really not known at all,I'm half and half on the idea of the new freddy crueger movie because true freddy is pretty creepy but,can you really make him any more scary? I don't think so...
Another movie I thought wouldn't continue that I liked was Child's play(aka Chucky's fun lol)I really didn't think that there would be a sequel to bride of chucky because bride of chucky was so,rare to me that I didn't think it had enough humor and good kill scenes to continue!

Diabolical
03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
How would a remake of BWP be good? The fun part about the original is that so many people thought it was real. Now you're gonna know its a hoax with some goonies running around the woods. Im sure Ill watch the dvd, but im not excited by any means...Im wating for Hellraiser and The Bride of Chucky remake.

iSeymore
03-31-2011, 06:19 AM
SCRE4M (2011) sooo pumped to see it, although the 3rd movie was kinda lame. (2000)

Just bought myself a Scream 4 - Ghostface "Classic Mask" figure accouple days ago, now to get the "Zombie mask" varient.

jbp is scary
04-10-2011, 06:44 PM
How would a remake of BWP be good? The fun part about the original is that so many people thought it was real. Now you're gonna know its a hoax with some goonies running around the woods. Im sure Ill watch the dvd, but im not excited by any means...Im wating for Hellraiser and The Bride of Chucky remake.

personally I'm not excited about either of those because in truth sometimes classic is better like for example the new halloween to me it was a little more direct about michaels kills instead of a mystery like the old version.

Also,Friday the thirteenth the remake had a good movie trailer with the woman talking about jason drowning creepily but, the movie sucked because there was too much of an S E X reference through out the whole thing I mean truthfully I like those scenes occasionally but,I'd rather see a good kill before those scenes!

hueyisme
04-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Most remakes I have seen dont live up to the original. The one exception was Jason and the Argonauts that was on the sci fi channel a few years ago. I wont say it was any better than the original, in my opinion nothing beats Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion effects, but the remake was just as good, it followed the original Greek mythology a lot closer than the original.

BookZombie
04-22-2011, 06:58 AM
I think the good thing about Blair Witch Project was the mood of it. I never thought it was real, but it had a great creepy atmosphere, a remake can manage to capture that atmosphere, or it might completely suck, we will see.

I think a Hellraiser remake could be great. I can just imagine what they could do with the franchise with modern special effects technology, though I would rather see the story continued in a new original movie in the franchise than to see the first Hellraiser film remade.

jbp is scary
09-17-2011, 01:47 AM
no I think blair witch project was just bad I mean some people give credit to the teenagers for supposedly changing the way the scary movies are made in terms of panic,but seriously the fact is if a bad movie is molded into something new there is still a good chance that it will be a flop,though as everyone knows there are certain bad directors that don't know when to quit and just continue to fail miserably and then there are the few bad directors that change their terrible movies to where they would please audiences,such as making them into comedy horror movies and actually do good,it's all about getting a feel for what element you are best at in movie making and also actually trying to make those movies known in some,great,bizarre,or freaky way,like for example Jaws sure the idea was pretty lame sounding but because the director and staff did so well with graphics(due to money) everyone still remembers the film even if they did hate it!

so whether it's a flop movie or one that seriously needs improving,it just has to get an audience's attention to be a scary movie and can put a director or excited teenagers on the map in horror, it really has nothing to do with how terrible or good the movies are.

TheWickerFan
09-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Huh?!:confused:........

jbp is scary
09-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Huh?!:confused:........

sorry wicker messed up my grammar,but basically I was trying to say that scary movies don't have to be good to be made over and over or to be classified as scary movies they just have to be attention grabbers and that is why blair witch project is still around,it's because the movie dared to be terrible and so a new movie just had to happen to cover up how terrible the first one was though I must say I was surprised to see it back at all I mean come on when you hit rock bottom you really shouldn't try again LOL!

TheWickerFan
09-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Okay, I get you now.:)

I really enjoyed Blair Witch, but recent posts lead me to believe I'm in the minority.:o

jbp is scary
09-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Okay, I get you now.:)

I really enjoyed Blair Witch, but recent posts lead me to believe I'm in the minority.:o

aren't we all,I like bad plot scary movies more than good plot scary movies,go figure lol does that make me crazy??? ah the lovely terrible scary movies I've watched that I like such bliss these include,the ice cream man,the ghoulies 2,puppet master,the stuff,ginger snaps and my personal favorite! "Jack" the mutant killer snowman Frickin frosty "Frost" they are awesome!

TheWickerFan
09-17-2011, 03:53 PM
aren't we all,I like bad plot scary movies more than good plot scary movies,go figure lol does that make me crazy??? ah the lovely terrible scary movies I've watched that I like such bliss these include,the ice cream man,the ghoulies 2,puppet master,the stuff,ginger snaps and my personal favorite! "Jack" the mutant killer snowman Frickin frosty "Frost" they are awesome!

That type of film is loads of fun. Demonic Toys, Gingerdead Man, and Dolls are pretty good too.

jbp is scary
09-18-2011, 08:29 AM
That type of film is loads of fun. Demonic Toys, Gingerdead Man, and Dolls are pretty good too.

Indeed I would kill to see ginger dead man!

I've seen dolls and demonic toys all the way through,I wonder who came up with the idea for the puppets and demonic toys to fight each other,that was cool and funny!

Also I still want to see chopping mall I can't stand the anticipation!

Also try watching deadly friend it is so corny that you'll want to hurl but so,freaky that you'll want to jump out the window!