PDA

View Full Version : Students Ordered To Throw Classmate Out Window

bloodrayne
04-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Teacher accused of ordering student thrown from window

COVINGTON, Ga. (AP) — A teacher at a Newton County school has resigned after officials say she admitted she told two students to throw a 14-year-old girl from a classroom window.
The teacher, a 63-year-old Conyers resident, was not immediately arrested after the Monday incident, which took place at Sharp Learning Center. But the Newton County Sheriff's Office is investigating.

The student, whose name was not released, was taken to Newton General Hospital on Tuesday night for neck pains and cuts to her body, said Newton County Sheriff's Office investigator Marty Roberts.

According to an incident report by resource officer Brian Chiappetta, the incident took place in the morning during second period. The students were in class when the teacher took a photograph of some of the students, the report said. When the girl asked why the teacher had taken her picture, the teacher allegedly responded with a disparaging remark about the girl's appearance.

The girl became upset and began to use profanity and hit the office assist button on the classroom wall, the incident report said. The teacher then allegedly told two 14-year-old boys to pick up the girl and throw her out the window.

The two boys later told principal Kenneth Daniels that they threw the girl out the window because they did not want to be written up for disobeying a teacher.

The teacher resigned Wednesday, Roberts said.

Roberts said he has been told that the school board will leave it up to the girl's parents to pursue criminal charges against the teacher. But he said his investigation is ongoing.

"I've had incidents involving schools, but I've never heard of such a thing where the teacher instructs students like this," Roberts said.

McDonnyDude666
04-25-2004, 10:56 AM
Omg they actualy threw someone out the window because they were told to (all though there are a few people I wouldnt mind throwing through a window)?

SFF
04-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Ahhh The joys of the public school system. Teachers these days aren't worth a shit.

evil_blonde
04-30-2004, 11:39 PM
those boys must have been completely STUPID

jay o2 waster
05-09-2004, 10:20 PM
how high up was the window