PDA

View Full Version : is anybody a horror writer

thehalk
10-14-2003, 06:35 PM
i am workin on a sreen play is anybody else writening so kinda horror movie or something?

Tony
10-15-2003, 07:01 AM
I think every horror fan is a horror writer deep down. I'm sure we've all imagined how we would do a flick which ultimately leads to us being let down when we actually see the film.

SCREAMERatorX
10-15-2003, 07:40 AM
unless its an idea/concept/technique which has an 'edge'?!
which i rare....
ive only been let down twice!!..that b'coz,
ive only ever made 2 films.

thehalk
10-15-2003, 11:27 AM
when i think i a horror movie would be good then the writer make worse one i get let down

ChaoticMinister
10-15-2003, 11:55 AM
www.scriptbuddy.com

If you want to spend an asswad of money (around $1000), go for Final Draft... I think it's made by the same people that created Final Cut Pro (Editing Software)

Give it a shot if you want, I have two practice scripts started on it...

*FADE OUT*

massacre man
10-15-2003, 11:58 AM
iv written some to a movie i call drake im gonna make 10 of em besides the 4th im lettin a friend do that one so iv written 3 so far

thehalk
10-16-2003, 06:00 PM
im writen my first move i think it would be good but i ain't putin u[p no monny

Delfino
10-17-2003, 11:58 AM
I am currently not working on anything although in a few months time I will be required to write a screen play and produce a short movie for my Media Studies course.
At the moment my co-writer and I have a few ideas, none of them are for a horror picture.

But being a horror writer/director is my main aspiration, my other as SCREAMERatorX knows is web design.
At the moment I am waiting for something to inspire me, "The Silence Of The Lambs" inspired me to write my first horror script entitled 'In 1985'.

Killer Clown#1
10-17-2003, 12:55 PM
I am currently working on a story titled "Anti Terror" and it has to do with Jason along with a whole school traped in their high tech school. Nice gory fun insues.:)

avenger00soul
10-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Tony
I think every horror fan is a horror writer deep down. I'm sure we've all imagined how we would do a flick which ultimately leads to us being let down when we actually see the film.

I'm going with Tony on that one. It seems like everyone on this board is a writer.

thehalk
10-17-2003, 04:00 PM
delfino so can u e mail me the movie u wrote?

Delfino
10-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Sorry Halk, but the only copy of 'In 1985' I have at the moment is a print-out.
I've formatted my computer since writing it, although I might of sent it to a few of my friends, I'll ask around and see if they have got it.

If they have I'll get them to send it me, and then I'll send it to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

HalkX
10-18-2003, 09:42 AM
can u e mail me the movie u wrote? i no u don wana sent it 2 halk so can u sent it 2 me

Delfino
10-18-2003, 09:46 AM
LOL sorry HalkX but if I don't have the script to send then I can't send it.

thehalk
10-18-2003, 07:06 PM
yo hes gay so if u get it just e mail me it

avenger00soul
10-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by thehalk
i am workin on a sreen play is anybody else writening so kinda horror movie or something?

Hey halk, there is a fan fiction page now so when you finish your screenplay you can post it there.

ShamSham04
10-18-2003, 10:33 PM
Two years ago, I wrote a cheesy horror film script that was about 50 pages long called "Dark Waters". The death scenes were cool, and the plot was alright, but I just figured that it wasn't what most people would consider a good idea for a horror film.

The plot was about a girl named Nicole Sashton who wins a contest on the internet for a free vacation on a private yacht with six friends. She is forced by her parents to take her brother Barry, so she only has five friends to choose from: Michelle, Kyle, Caleb, David, and Allie. Once the trip beings, everything seems to go great. On the yacht with the contest winners is Rick (the chef), Peter (the contest director), and two yacht workers to run to the yacht. Once they are about five miles out into the dark ocean, the propeller suddenly stops, and the electricity goes out. It turns out the yacht got entangled in an old sail for a ship that sunk centuries ago. But this wasn't just any ship, it was a pirate ship - and hitting that sail awakened a maniacal pirate who murdered his whole crew just before his ship sank, killing him. Will the contest winners make it out of their dream vacation alive?

Like I said - corny, cheesy, and unoriginal. Nothing but good kills could come out of this. :(

Anyway, now that that is over with, I'm currently in the works of writing a script for a movie I plan on filming sometime when I turn 18. The script is called "Geneva County", and the main idea of the movie is two friends coming face to face with a dangerous killer in Geneva County. The first scene is up in Fan Fiction if anyone wants to read it. :)

thehalk
10-19-2003, 08:24 AM
it will be long while befor i finish baecuse i have stoped write in dead in the middel of the movie

blue angel
10-19-2003, 08:34 AM
shamsham04 your pm box is full empty it

ShamSham04
10-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Just did. :)

thehalk
10-19-2003, 08:43 AM
blue angel u sould stop postin cuse when where talkin about horror ur talkin about everthing else

avenger00soul
10-19-2003, 02:13 PM
it will be long while befor i finish baecuse i have stoped write in dead in the middel of the movie

Why?

thehalk
10-19-2003, 04:26 PM
i don't no i just gave up i need some in corigment

avenger00soul
10-20-2003, 07:50 AM
i don't no i just gave up i need some in corigment

Well, you should at least post the synopsis of it. I'd like to know what it is about at least.

thehalk
10-20-2003, 11:54 AM
yo wat does that wored that starts with a s mean?

avenger00soul
10-20-2003, 12:09 PM
yo wat does that wored that starts with a s mean?

Synopsis just means a summary. I would just like to know, in short, what your flick was about. Like what you would put on the back of the box to get people to rent it.

thehalk
10-21-2003, 02:04 PM
this is goong to sound it has like 1 sean with freddy the rest is prtty mutch jason n myers

cypher2004
10-28-2003, 03:07 PM
i have written 2 screenplays and working on my third now.

the first was entitled 'The Fog' and it was about a band of pirates that attacked coastal towns in and they could move this cloud of fog with them.

the second was called 'Bermuda' and it was based on a research crew who discovered a 1780's ship deserted which drifted out of the Bermuda Triangle and then it turns around and sails back in with them on it and what happens to them in the Triangle.

the third (no title yet) is about a man and his wife and they r in a car crash in the countryside and the guy passes out, and when he awakens he notices a small town and his wife is missing so he wonders down and then it becomes a story of him and a group of occupants fighting to find his wife before the creatures that have taken the town do.

avenger00soul
10-28-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by cypher2004
i have written 2 screenplays and working on my third now.

the first was entitled 'The Fog' and it was about a band of pirates that attacked coastal towns in and they could move this cloud of fog with them.

Sounds like you may have a lawsuit on your hands for that first script about the pirates in the Fog:)

dmihatmttl
10-29-2003, 03:30 AM
Heehee . . . hate to say it, but that's sorta what I was thinking . . . .

J.N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

Delfino
10-30-2003, 02:48 AM
I'm recovering after losing my script for 'In 1985' and I'm writing a new script, its not really horror, more of a psycological thriller, but its going to have some pretty gorey scenes in it.
I hasn't got a title yet only a working title which is 'The Red Elephant', its a kinda' shitty working title, but a better title will be given to it when I have more than 3 or 4 scenes done.

horror_director
11-19-2003, 02:21 PM
i am currently writing one. i also have two other ones writen and two more half done. go here to read about the one www.geocities.com/facesofevilmovie/facesofevil.html

thehalk
12-12-2003, 06:19 PM
if ur story is about seven killers or horror icons how did u get them all in the same time sone?

Keyser_Soze
12-12-2003, 06:33 PM
I have written three horror scripts. I am currently trying to get financing to get one of them made. I will be directing it. It is called THE NIGHT.

The logline is:
On the first night at her job as a security guard, Wendy must save a group of mental patients and herself from a killer who has a link to Wendy's past.

One of the others is called REUNION.
Logline:
When a group of sorority sisters reunite after five years to fix-up an old Lodge, that they purchased together, they all must fight the ghosts of generations past.

HappyCamper
12-13-2003, 12:31 AM
hey i have finished writing the first ACT of my horror screenplay, the working title is "Spliced". Basic plot: A lonely theater projectionist goes over the edge and starts to dispatch theater patrons. i've got the first 30 mins of the film written, rough draft however. if you'd like to read it just email, i'd love some feedback. Also it's the first thing i've ever written in my life...so if you think it sucks let me know..i can handle the criticism.

Gizmox
12-14-2003, 09:40 AM
A lonely theater projectionist goes over the edge and starts to dispatch theater patrons.

There is horror movie with that plot line. Forgotten what it was called lol.

I am currently writing down ideas for a psychological drama film, and also ideas to start writing a script to follow a slasher film which is already out in the mainstream.

Also concentrating on ideas for television dramas here.

ds_spoon
12-20-2003, 10:40 AM
i am currently working on my first film (when the sun goes under)

it is about 4 teenagers on a camping trip and a murderer
canabalistic murderer there is going to be some excellent kill scenes including (the murderer hides up a tree one of the boys has a girlfriend the boy n girl get up to shit away from the other boys NOT a good idea) jason vorhees type murders

i know its not original but this is going to be a no-budget film and it is my first film so if you will ease off the disses thnx..

thehalk
12-29-2003, 06:44 PM
1 why don't he just cut the tree down (editing) n why does it have to be in the woods? why can't be in the city with project buildings?

Magneto
01-08-2004, 08:18 AM
What's up all.... I have been writting a book/screen play for about 2 years or so... It is more just for me but I do believe that if I ever finish it, it could be pretty good....

mudsliptones
01-08-2004, 09:18 AM
their is a dark, werid, fucked up place
that place is pretty near me, it's even inside me, it's in my head,

if I were to actually make a horror movie, it would be a really good one, sometimeqs I have these great ideas, but I lack writing skills

Madman
01-17-2004, 06:02 PM
I got a pretty cool idea for a comedy horror but I dont know shit about scriptwriting.

williemeikle
01-21-2004, 05:57 AM
I'm a published writer....3 novels published, 3 more due in the next 16 months and over 100 short stories sold.

At the moment I'm trying to sell the film rights to a couple of the novels, so keep your fingers crossed for me........

Willie
Homepage (http://www.willie.meikle.btinternet.co.uk)

abbycomix
01-22-2004, 08:18 AM
I'm a published cartoonist and illustrator. I've written scripts for Powerpuff Girls Comics, Simpsons Comics, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch. I am currently working on my first ever horror story.
It is also my first ever prose story, so it's an interesting new process for me! I think it'll be about 80-100 pages. I'm on about page 65 now.
http://www.abbycomix.com

grave_walker
01-25-2004, 06:47 PM
hey whats up...

i have about 4 short stories under my belt
eric
the end
the last hour of 12

i also write a completely free movie and videogame zine called "too cool for school"

although most of those are sci fi... just a pointer i would be well dubious about writing what your stories are about as i heard whispers on a clive barker forum about people going on and thievin peoples ideas...

i also have 2 full lengths in the process
angels
all at once mark became god

if anyone out there has any idea of where to get things published and how it is done (i'm looking at you williemeikle) could you give me some info as i have had no luck... i recently read "gathering the bones" which is a horror short story book and most were pretty lame to say the least...

anyone interested in reading the best horror that money and skulls can buy wants to check out

www.shaunhutson.com

this guy is a genius

williemeikle
01-27-2004, 02:30 AM
For markets for horror ( and SF and Fantasy), have a look at Ralan.com (http://www.ralan.com) .... all the pro and semi-pro fiction markets are listed there.....

You could also have a look at my publisher Black Death Books (http://www.khpindustries.com/index2.html) ... they're always looking for new talent in novels, and they also have an anthology on the go looking for short stories....

Hope that helps

Willie

sleepaway
01-27-2004, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gizmox
[B]There is horror movie with that plot line. Forgotten what it was called lol.

It's called 'Evil Ed'!!!

I wrote one horror script ages ago for a friend at work. Wrote a real cheesy one that me and friends were gonna film but it didn't happen. Also wrote two kind of Scary Movie Type comedy horrors before Scary Movie happened.

It's tough coming up with original concepts for horror, everything I think of I can think of a movie that did it before. I guess everything is just a variation on a theme. I'm trying to think of something new to write at the moment. Would still love to make my own movie though. Maybe one day.

abbycomix
01-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the leads willie! Also I agree with grave walker, it's best not to post detailed descriptions of unpublished work on forums. Unfortunately there are plagiarists out there and even if someone comes out with a coincidentally similar idea you don't want to be kicking yourself over posting them.

HighPriestWise
01-28-2004, 11:37 AM
I write horror stories. I've even sold a few. I would love to one day do it for a living.

High Priest Wise

Vodstok
01-30-2004, 04:04 AM
I write all kinds of things, but i enjoy horror and suspense because it requires some effort to make a truly original story, or to develope a twist that hasnt been seen :)

click my sig to see some of my work.

Delfino
01-30-2004, 08:16 AM
I haven't been on the forum for a while, as I have been writing my short film and perfecting it with my co-writer.
I'm writing this short film to pass a course in Media, when the teacher asked what kind of film it was and I said "Its a serial killer based horror" she sighed and said that if the killer is not human its a thriller, which had me rather perplexed to the point where I couldn't even argue back.

So in her opinion "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" isn't a horror?!

She didn't even give me the chance to tell the story when she came up with her own, using the cliches that I'm sure the majority of horror fans now find more humourous that pant-wettingly scary.

If she thinks I'm making her film she can think again.

Delfino
01-30-2004, 08:17 AM
CORRECTION: she said if the killer IS human its a thriller.

Vodstok
01-30-2004, 11:32 AM
She is using a rough generalization, which never leaves any room for exception. (And therefore wrong, in my opinion)

I sthink the difference between the two is the focus of the movie. A movie that focuses on suspense is a thriller (fatal attraction, for instance). Thrillers dont often have BOO! scares in them. Horror does. Thrillers also tend to be more dramatic. What Lies Beneath was a thriller, as was Poltergeist.

TCM is horror, as is Night of the living dead, Nightmare on elm street, Friday the 13th, etc. the focus is more on developing a feeling of dread, as opposed to suspense. Suspense builds tension, then has some sort of release. Horror builds dread, and offers no release.

Thrillers also typically end with a resolution that is favorable for the hero. Horror usually doesnt give you a happy ending, and if it does, usually includes a twist to hint that it isnt over.

There are obviously exceptions to these rules, but that is why i try to avoid using generalizations as concretes, as she did.

Oh, yeah, and thrillers don't necesarrily want to scare you, just make you uneasy and a little jumpy, whereas horror flicks aim to scare you, that is the whole goal. Maybe your teacher should do some more homework.

PsychoticPanda
02-03-2004, 12:45 PM
I tried to write a horror story, or script or whatever before. But, it turned into into a comedy. :confused:

HighPriestWise
02-03-2004, 01:10 PM
How did that happen??

HIGH PRIEST WISE

PsychoticPanda
02-03-2004, 02:25 PM
I'm so used to writing comic stories spoofing on other things, that I can't seem to write horrors. Maybe I'll try again someday..

I just can't help but make jokes, and have people comically killed. I can't seem to write anything serious.

:confused:

HighPriestWise
02-04-2004, 12:27 PM
But that's still no reason to give up. Just keep trying!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

PsychoticPanda
02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Okay. I don't think I've given up. I just don't think I've really tried recently.

HighPriestWise
02-12-2004, 10:51 AM
That good. Never let ANYONE kill your dreams!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

PsychoticPanda
02-12-2004, 11:49 AM
They're not really my dreams. I just have fun writing stories.

I have a few stories in my head right now. But I get bored easily.

HighPriestWise
02-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Don't stop anyway.
If it make you happy all power to you!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

GorePhobia
02-12-2004, 06:38 PM
i am a writer and i am acually directing my film entitled GorePhobia if u wanna read it im me at gorephobia666

sleepaway
02-14-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by PsychoticPanda
I tried to write a horror story, or script or whatever before. But, it turned into into a comedy. :confused:

That's EXACTLY what happens to me! Weird. I gave up and just wrote a horror comedy as it's easier!

Vodstok
02-18-2004, 04:17 AM
When i write horror, i usuallyu am in a dark mindset. i have a lot of bitterness and disgust, and i revel in it. If i still feel like writing something dark when i'm not in a bad mood, i find music and books help.

Favorites for inspiration:
My old Ravenloft stuff (yes, I played D&D)
HP Lovecraft
Nine INch Nails
Slower Marilyn Manson (Cryptorchid is great)
The background music fromt he original quake (compliments of Trent Reznor)

I listened to the album that Trent and David Bowie did together with my old room mat eonce (i guess the whole thing was about a serial killer). I ended up having a nightmare that night which i have been re-writing into a screenplay about a pedophile/killer. His kill count blows away anyone in any movie (or real life) because he is quiet and keeps to himself.

Just remember this one day when you hear the name Darrel Heights mentioned with Michael Meyers and Freddy Kreuger..

HighPriestWise
02-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Is that a web site?
If so where is it?

HIGH PRIEST WISE

shiftyc2
02-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by massacre man
iv written some to a movie i call drake im gonna make 10 of em besides the 4th im lettin a friend do that one so iv written 3 so far

Sequels kill originals just a word of advice to u ~1~

Arioch
02-22-2004, 05:59 PM
Nine INch Nails
Slower Marilyn Manson (Cryptorchid is great)
The background music fromt he original quake (compliments of Trent Reznor

Agreed all great music that really helps me get into creative moods.

Killer Clown#1
02-22-2004, 06:21 PM
I love writing storys but I'm not that great of a writer.:D

Arioch
02-22-2004, 06:30 PM
I love writing storys but I'm not that great of a writer.

Well we all have to start somewhere right? And id saw that passion is the most important foundation to build any successful career.

Ultimamk
03-02-2004, 06:30 PM
I'm a writer with multiple stories in mind, most of which are horrors and thrillers; however, the first book I plan to publish is more of a sci-fi, though it is creepy in many parts. Lots of bloody parts.

HighPriestWise
03-03-2004, 09:52 AM
Bloodly is always good!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Thaide
03-06-2004, 05:57 AM
I enjoy writing scripts and stories for all kind of genres but particularly sci-fi and horror as they give more room for your imagination. I hope one day to become a writer/director.

Dialogue is my weak point and sometimes I have trouble writing down what I'm imagining.

Those having trouble writing scripts, here are some useful websites:

www.filmmaking.com - has loads of advice for writing and directing.

www.simplyscripts.com - best way to learn how to write scripts is to read as many others as possible in my opinion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scriptsmart/scriptsmart_Gold.shtml - a program which sets out word for writing scripts, plays and even comic books, saves a lot of time.

Ash~Housewares
04-01-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm writing my first script now. Check out my post (Good idea or no) If you can help me come up with a name. (I was leaning towards "Nightstalker", But i think it's already a movie)

XFeaRX
04-09-2004, 10:38 AM
I have made a horror in my directing class in high school. It was not that good, even though it won the best movie in the school (better then everyone elses movies). The movie had like no budget (I think we spent about $200 for it). :)

LilMissScareAll
05-23-2004, 03:52 PM
I've got one started, too...at least I HOPE to make it into a movie...I don't really know how, though. :( I mean, the only thing I wouldn't know how to do is the editing...I need help. :(

MikeWatt
05-24-2004, 01:54 PM
I have similar problems, but in reverse... I set out to write an "Airplane"-type zombie movie called "Necromaniac", then after the first draft, we realized I'd accidentally written a story strong enough to be a straight horror/mystery. This wound up being THE RESURRECTION GAME.

I set out to write a straight comedy for SEVERE INJURIES, then accidentally made the plot and characters strong enough to (almost) stand on their own in a straightforward slasher movie (okay, not quite, but I did have to fight with it).

Sometimes scripts want to be the scripts they want to be. That's usually where the true fun of writing comes in.

Mike

Freddy Krueger.
06-03-2004, 07:37 PM
I make Horror Storys. I'm working on Freddy VS Jason 2: Blood Rematch (Rated R for Revenge) right now.

HighPriestWise
06-19-2004, 09:02 PM
You're kidding,right??

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Miss Britt
06-23-2004, 04:43 AM
Sounds Interesting.....:)

sheilatx
07-12-2004, 03:11 AM
i am currently working on a film with Houston Horror Productions. i wrote the screenplay.

sheila

thecritic
07-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I have made three films thus far. The first was entitled "Mirror Image" and it involved two spirits, one nice one and one pissed as hell. Both spirits are trying to send messages to the people who now live in the house where the spirits once lived. Eventually you learned of a link between the people now and the ghosts from the past. The second film was entitled "Mentality" which involves a 12 year old girl in therapy for 'something.' She sits in therapy listening, but not really listening leading the psychiatrist and her assistant to a rather disturbing conclusion. The third film, "Letting Go," involves a girl and her best friend who have experienced something in their past. Initially, the viewers don't know what it is, put through flashbacks, more and more of a significant event comes to light, which then leads to an unexpected twist. I don't know if the movies are any good, all I know is that I had a great time with my friends making the films and that is all the really matters.

Baring in mind, that the films have much more of the mental aspect of horror to them as opposed to the blood and gore(except for "Mentality")
________
volcano vaporizers (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

HighPriestWise
08-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Well, good luck to you!!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Sico.tv
09-01-2004, 07:03 AM
has anyone got a film crew?

HighPriestWise
09-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah,I'll be the Diretor!!

HAIL SATAN!!!
HIGH PRIEST WISE