PDA

View Full Version : The Marsh (2007)

The Ugly Duchess
11-04-2010, 09:47 AM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4732/athemarsh.jpg

The Marsh 2007

Directed by Jordan Baker

Story written by Michael Stokes

A successful childern's writer (Clare Holloway) has nightmares and in them she sees the landscape of the Rose Marsh Farm in Westmoreland County. Clare then sees a picture of the farmhouse on TV and realizes that this is the place linked to her nightmares. Thus she decides to spend her vacation there at the Rose Marsh farm which is located nearby a swamp.

Clare is haunted by ghosts of a little girl and a teen aged boy within the house. She is befriended by a local publisher and historian Noah Pitney, After a sequence of disturbing visions, she seeks help from a paranormal consultant named Geoffrey Hunt. Together Clare and Geoffrey investigate the mystery and uncover a tradgedy that happened twenty years ago.

The main players are:

Gabrielle Anwar as Clare Holloway

Justin Lewis as Noah Pitney

Forest Whitaker as Geoffrey Hunt

Peter McNeill as Peter Manville

Brooks Johnson as Mercy

Niamh Wilson as Little/Calire/Rose

This film is a combination horror and thriller. There is a good supply of ghostly scenes and haunts as well as the suspence aspect. The swamp adds to the eerieness as well.

Both Forest Whitaker and Gabrielle Anwar give great performances.

This film is definitely worth watching if you are into horror/thriller type films. It is a very well paced film and keeps you guessing up to the very end.

It's available on DVD.

The Duchess

alica
11-16-2010, 02:22 AM
ok.. but I haven't heard about this movie ever before it , but as per your briest introduction about it , I think it will be a good movie from Horror category and I would Like to Watch to it even I am not use to with watch movies from DVD's.

GoreHound13
11-16-2010, 04:44 AM
I havent seen this one in years! im going to order this movie right now

dolby
11-24-2010, 12:29 AM
I haven't seen the movie Marsh.But I have heard about that The Marsh is horror thriller flick , Wonderful movie to watch.