PDA

View Full Version : My first post on "Modern horror"

NaughtyBear
10-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Hello this is my first post,
You can call me a noob but lets cut to the chase here is my opinion on modern horror.

Well Modern horror this generation is totally unoriginal,
Sometimes even funny! I could give away the plot of almost every horror film of this age.

A dumb big titted blonde running up the stairs instead of going out the door (Scream I love you.)
Don't forget the movies like SAW 1 through 7? They all consist of a trap ripping them to pieces you might as well just cut them up and through them at the screen.
Hell a four year old could make a better horror movie I do admit though the first one was original and I did enjoy it then 2 was OK and 3 was the first two movies repeated again only dumber now repeat this process you have the SAW franchise.

There are a handful of decent horror films this generation I very much liked the Nightmare on elm street remake I love how for once a director made the film hes own unlike Friday the 13Th :mad:

Well my point is post your opinion on modern horror.

I believe classic 70s to 80s slasher movies are the all time best movies ever made!
Remember when films didn't use CG every 3 seconds?
I may call it the golden age.

I even love some VERY old movies Including : Nosferatu, Frankenstein and who could forget Dracula well il' wrap this up here I hope to hear from you all :)

horrorzack
10-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Hello this is my first post,
You can call me a noob but lets cut to the chase here is my opinion on modern horror.

Sometimes even funny! I could give away the plot of almost every horror film of this age.

A dumb big titted blonde running up the stairs instead of going out the door (Scream I love you.)
Don't forget the movies like SAW 1 through 7? They all consist of a trap ripping them to pieces you might as well just cut them up and through them at the screen.
Hell a four year old could make a better horror movie I do admit though the first one was original and I did enjoy it then 2 was OK and 3 was the first two movies repeated again only dumber now repeat this process you have the SAW franchise.

There are a handful of decent horror films this generation I very much liked the Nightmare on elm street remake I love how for once a director made the film hes own unlike Friday the 13Th :mad:

Well my point is post your opinion on modern horror.

I believe classic 70s to 80s slasher movies are the all time best movies ever made!
Remember when films didn't use CG every 3 seconds?
I may call it the golden age.

I even love some VERY old movies Including : Nosferatu, Frankenstein and who could forget Dracula well il' wrap this up here I hope to hear from you all :) From What I see I suspect you enjoy many underrated 70s and 80s films. I recommend you watch "The Gate" or "Fright". two very good underrated horror films from the 80s and 70s.

NaughtyBear
10-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I think I will try these out on Sunday
Thanks for the recommendations :)

Sistinas666
10-01-2010, 04:17 PM
The NOES remake was a huge pile of steaming dog shit.

NaughtyBear
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
The NOES remake was a huge pile of steaming dog shit.

I agree with half of that the highlight of the movie for me was hes change in personality he was more of a pervert
He creeped me out but not than good ol' Robert englund :)
The other half (the bad side :S) The terrible actors, that is all.

horrorzack
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
The NOES remake was a huge pile of steaming dog shit. everyone could agree to that. I only went to see it so I could see how bad it was. I knew it would be bad because Michael Bay was the producer.

NaughtyBear
10-01-2010, 04:23 PM
everyone could agree to that. I only went to see it so I could see how bad it was. I knew it would be bad because Michael Bay was the producer.

Imagine if he was the director Nightmare on BOOOOOOM street hehe ;)

horrorzack
10-01-2010, 04:29 PM
by my opinion the NOES remake shouldnt even bear the name. from now on I will call the remake "Nightmare On Crap Street".

horrorzack
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
You just joined and its already a semi popular thread. you only need 15 replies on it for the thread to be hot or 150 views of the thread.

TheWickerFan
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
There are plenty of great horror movies still being made. Look past the cheesy remakes and the big budget CGI crap and you'll find loads of treasures. These are my favorites from 1972-present.http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55471

_____V_____
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Hmm...

Looks like I bumped the Challenge thread at the right time.

neverending
10-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Indeed.....

I think I'm the only one paying enough attention to know what you're talking about there...

NaughtyBear
10-02-2010, 03:04 AM
There are plenty of great horror movies still being made. Look past the cheesy remakes and the big budget CGI crap and you'll find loads of treasures. These are my favorites from 1972-present.http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55471

The Other
Tales FromThe Crypt
Vault Of Horror
Sisters
The Exorcist
The Wicker Man

Are all excellent movies ESPECIALLY the exorcist!
I also loved Vault of horror and Tales Of The Crypt I cant choose a favourite. :)

TheWickerFan
10-02-2010, 03:17 AM
The Other
Tales FromThe Crypt
Vault Of Horror
Sisters
The Exorcist
The Wicker Man

Are all excellent movies ESPECIALLY the exorcist!
I also loved Vault of horror and Tales Of The Crypt I cant choose a favourite. :)

I try to keep the list updated as people recommend movies and I catch up on watching them and discover more treasures. Let me know what you think of the other years.

TheWickerFan
10-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Indeed.....

I think I'm the only one paying enough attention to know what you're talking about there...

I'm not writing a 500 word essay comparing past and present films and the pros and cons of each.:p

horrorzack
10-02-2010, 07:19 AM
wow this thread got hot over night.

Ferox13
10-03-2010, 05:04 AM

have u even watched films from the 40's and 50s - i do love them but they are for the most part so formulaic..