PDA

View Full Version : New fright during "Cat People"

katdad
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Watching the very entertaining Paul Schrader "Cat People" on cable a couple nights ago -- it had been a while since I saw it -- and was getting into the movie, lusting after Kinski and O'Toole a bit, enjoying Malcom McDowell's acting, and so on.

I had sort of forgotten the fine David Bowie song over the end credits "Putting out the fire with gasoline". If you remember, Irana/leopard is in the zoo and growling at her keeper, the Bowie lyrics start, then the cat goes freeze frame until the chorus, and then it yowls and growls loudly just as Bowie sings the chorus.

Right at that instant, my huge fuzzy 19-pound cat, who was dozing on a nearby table, decided to leap right into my lap with a Whump!, his nose right to mine, purring.

Scared the bejeezus out of me! And lots to laugh about later...

X¤MurderDoll¤X
09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
you're one of those weird cat people aren't you?

TheWickerFan
09-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Cats are experts at scaring you. My husband used to have a cat that would scratch at the window like that kid from Salem's Lot.

katdad
09-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, love my cats. Great companions for an apartment dweller like me, working long hours, cat is pretty self sufficient, sneers at how dogs walk their humans in the rain and cold.

Oh -- difference between dogs and cats... Dogs think that they are people. Cats on the other hand know for certain that they are cats, it's just that they think that people are also cats, but sadly a particularly clumsy and slow witted variety.

The Ugly Duchess
09-24-2010, 08:30 AM
I have two cats and I just love them.

As the sign says in my frontroom:

"The cats and their housekeeper live here!"