PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Catchy Movie Titles

roshiq
08-06-2010, 12:40 PM
I know this is kinda silly but just for a while forget about all the awesomeness or crapiness about their plots, the good or bad cast & directors or producers of those films where an interesting, catchy or sounds good title inspired you to see those films before going to know anything about them from newspaper, online or any news source.

For example, my own experience that dragged me into or you can say played a major role to become a fan of the genre...about 5 to 6 years back in one dull evening while I was coming home from my office I stopped by a dvd store and picked & bought a dvd just for its pretty interesting title. I was thinking..."Humm...sounds bit weird & creepy...ok, let's give it a watch...may be it'll fun."

and that movie was...The Texas Chainsaw Massacre!

Even after that whenever I suggest this movie to my friends here (who haven't watch not much horror films but like to see any good one at anytime) I noticed some of them just creeped out a bit after hearing/looking at the title.

Here are some my other favorites, though most of them I watched after knowing/reading about them from many online sources & reviews, but still I also fond of these titles:

I walked with a Zombie
The Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Whatever happened to Baby Jane?
Spider Baby or the maddest story ever told
The House on Haunted Hill
The Last Man on Earth
Matango: Attack of the Mushroom people
The Man who knew too much
Eyes without a face
Hatchet for the Honeymoon
Let's scare Jessica to Death
The Hills have eyes
The Little Girl who lives down the lane
A Nightmare on Elem Street
The Last House on the left
The House on the edge of the Park
Your Vice is a locked room & only I have the key
The Night Evelyn came out from the Grave

TheWickerFan
08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies

scouse mac
08-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

(great film and great title!)

RainbowEyes84
08-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Rocktober Blood is my absolute fave catchy title!

Here are few more of my faves:

War of the Robots

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane- the original VHS cover art of the little girl standing by an old house with leafless trees her hair blowing in the wind reminds me a lot of Hansel and Gretal, and really does reflect interestingly on the title.

The Last Slumber Party

The Girl in Room 2 A- Even though I haven't ever seen this film, the title always sounded creepy to me because it made me wonder just really what as in Room 2A?

The Town that Dreaded Sundown

The Monster Club

House on Haunted Hill-because of the movie that had actually been filmed inside an old mental institution, some of the characters and film crew really did witness some paranormal events during the filming.

Drive-In Massacre

Don't Go in the Woods

Christmas Evil

Laser Blast

Dead End Drive-In

The Legend of Lizzie Borden

phantomstranger
08-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Surf Nazi's Must Die (lousy movie, great title)
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Night Of The Living Dead (greatest title for a horror movie)

neverending
08-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Vegas in Space
This is Spinal Tap
The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai in the 8th Dimension
The Persecution and Assasination of Jean-Claude Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis DeSade
Buckets of Blood
The Wizard of Gore
Something Weird
Nude on the Moon
Flesh Gordon
2000 Maniacs
Mesa of Lost Women
Night of the Bloody Apes
The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Stop Making Sense
Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla
Mars Needs Women!

roshiq
08-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Night Of The Living Dead
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!

Undoubtedly they deserve to be on the top of the list under this category. Excellent.:)

Though I haven't yet seen the followings but they all sounds pretty amusing for sure...

Plan 9 From Outer Space
Vegas in Space
The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai in the 8th Dimension
The Persecution and Assasination of Jean-Claude Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis
Buckets of Blood
The Wizard of Gore
Something Weird
Nude on the Moon
The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
Stop Making Sense
Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla
Mars Needs Women!

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living And Became Mixed Up Zombies

Rocktober Blood

roshiq
08-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Though you can call me a title freak but I really admire those days when films used to come out with such a creepy, funny and interesting one liner title. I just simply love them. It seems that it mainly started after 80's to avoid this trend and more go for a simple but effective one word name for a movie. But I like to know here what's the reason behind that? Yeah...there are more important things in making & releasing a film than giving a proper or attractive tittle but still why the production houses/studios & the people behind the craft now a days don't give such tittles anymore? Is it that it sounds too back dated or become a tag of old school films? or the audience become too clever to think/treat it as a 'B Movie garbage'?

Anyway, lately I'm bit disappointed with Mr. Wes Craven who gave us some great films that comes with fantastic titles like The Last House on the Left, The Hills have eyes, People Under the Stairs, ANOES. But the title of his upcoming slasher My Soul to Take...sounds pretty lame to me, like a heading of a romantic poem written by a sweet teenage girl in school.

TheWickerFan
08-07-2010, 05:42 AM
I think it's because titles like that do make the film sound like a B movie and it tends to keep the mainstream audiences away in droves.

It's all about the money these days, and the art house and grindhouse theaters are having a hard go of it.

neverending
08-07-2010, 08:52 AM
It's a line from a common English language prayer-

"And if I die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take..."

Most children in the past were taught to say this prayer before they went to bed, so the title will resonate with many people.

newb
08-07-2010, 10:58 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hd8FCqvTOuM/SdOjWkWmv_I/AAAAAAAAAds/I6Mnid1W9_M/s320/sororitybabes.JPG

http://thisdistractedglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/Hell%20Comes%20To%20Frogtown%20DVD.jpg

and subtle yet effective
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/boo2.jpg

roshiq
08-07-2010, 11:22 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_hd8FCqvTOuM/SdOjWkWmv_I/AAAAAAAAAds/I6Mnid1W9_M/s320/sororitybabes.JPG

http://thisdistractedglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/Hell%20Comes%20To%20Frogtown%20DVD.jpg
]

Wow! Both looks awesome.:cool:

roshiq
08-07-2010, 11:35 AM
It's a line from a common English language prayer-

"And if I die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take..."

Most children in the past were taught to say this prayer before they went to bed, so the title will resonate with many people.

Oh, yes...now I got it. But still...then the 1st line (if I die before I wake..) would sound better. Anyway, let's wait for the movie, we can talk about more on this issue after watching it.:D

TheWickerFan
08-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Oh, yes...now I got it. But still...then the 1st line (if I die before I wake..) would sound better. Anyway, let's wait for the movie, we can talk about more on this issue after watching it.:D

If you should die before you wake -http://img.listal.com/image/479105/500full-the-simpsons-screenshot.jpg

RainbowEyes84
08-07-2010, 03:04 PM
ROCKTOBER BLOOD is such an awesome catchy title that I'm even going to make Rocktober Blood flyers for my Ocktober/Rocktober Harvest Festival.

I'm even going to make labels for the pumpkin ale I'm going to be serving, and you can imagine what the lables will say!

ROCKTOBER ALE!:D

That's right, you've heard from the one and only RainbowEyes!

RainbowEyes84
08-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Here's one:

sqNACrJzjfs

TheWickerFan
08-07-2010, 04:52 PM
If only this was real:(http://zomopro.com/images/werewolf_women.gif

phantomstranger
08-16-2010, 03:10 PM
If You Meet Sartana Pray For Your Death

fuglystick
08-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Werewolves on Wheels--You'd think you couldn't fuck up a movie about a werewolf biker gang, but you'd be wrong.

ChrisSTC
08-17-2010, 05:00 AM
The Long Long Trailer with Lucille Ball

Spookhouse
08-17-2010, 10:51 PM
-Dr. Strangelove: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb(1964)

-Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D (1991)

Caenxavier
08-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Chumscrubber- Great film.

A good day to die- meh..

psycho d
08-26-2010, 06:16 AM
i kinda liked this title:

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp248/oceandiablo/they_call_her_one_eye1.jpg

ferretchucker
08-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Killer Clowns from Outer Space.
Santa Clause Conquers the Martians

jbp is scary
08-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Deadly friend seemed catchy so I watched it and it was corny but great!then there is puppet master, the title seemed so much of not a scary movie that I watched it for fun and the kill scenes turned out to be awesome!Also just the brand name Full Moon is very catchy to me!