PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Park of Terror - What did you guys think of it?

CJ Steak
06-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I was just at Best Buy wandering around the cheap DVD section, and was pulled towards "Trailer Park of Terror". I bought it, opened up a six pack of Lone Star and thoroughly enjoyed it (the movie and the beer). The special effects were not over done with fake looking CGI... it really looks more like a movie made in the 90's in way of technical stuff.

In short, I loved it. It's corny, bloody, trashy fun. It felt good to see a movie full of good old fashioned makeup and masks lol...

What did you folks think of it?

-Chris

http://lemurking.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/trailer-park-of-terror-dvd.jpg

http://www.zomboscloset.com/.a/6a00d83451d04569e20105359f1af6970c-800wi

Elvis_Christ
06-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought it was ok but wasn't blown away by it or anything.

CJ Steak
06-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I thought it was ok but wasn't blown away by it or anything.

I totally hear ya on that one. I thought it was fun... and I know I'll watch it again, but it's not really top 10 material.

It's a good beer drinking movie to watch with a couple pals... as I did. :)

*Edit: Forgot to mention... Trace Adkins was surprisingly not a bad actor in this movie. I hate to think of country singers in movies... ala George Straight in Pure Country (I was a kid when I watched it - no I'm not gay lol), but he did an admirable job. I wish I could've seen more of his '68 F100 he was in. Hot damn that truck was cherry. I think it's been in a music video before... pretty sure it actually belongs to him.

Elvis_Christ
06-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Have you seen 2001 Manaics? I liked it more than this one. Both are similar flicks to each other.

CJ Steak
06-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Have you seen 2001 Manaics? I liked it more than this one. Both are similar flicks to each other.

No I haven't, but thanks for the recommendation. I need to look into it. I like movies of this genre.

scouse mac
06-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Didnt like Trailer Park, it started with promise but it just got too ridiculous, even for a tongue in cheek zombie flick.

Maybe I should've watched it with a six pack for company.................:)

CJ Steak
06-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Didnt like Trailer Park, it started with promise but it just got too ridiculous, even for a tongue in cheek zombie flick.

Maybe I should've watched it with a six pack for company.................:)

6 packs make everything hurt less. :D

ChrisSTC
06-22-2010, 05:23 PM
It's pretty good, reminds me of something R.Zombie would remake.

CJ Steak
06-22-2010, 05:33 PM

I wish they would've had more of the music in it. I like zombie, southern fried music and rockabilly. Especially when in campy horror flicks.

Elvis_Christ
06-22-2010, 08:25 PM

I reckon he would have done a better job.

This was based on a comic wasn't it?

Disease
06-22-2010, 08:44 PM
I reckon he would have done a better job.

This was based on a comic wasn't it?

Yeah, I think it was, I remember something about that on the dvd.

I thought it was o.k, just to stupid though, though I liked the idea and agree the effects where nice and cheesy. But the story was just not explained well or it was just very weak.