PDA

View Full Version : favourite horror film/killer/killing/genre

discodude
06-12-2010, 11:57 AM
hi,just wandered what is your favourite film,killer,killing and genre.tough question for me and im the one asking!there are many of all the above,but for genre id say "slasher".films like friday,burning,madman,halloween etc,etc.as for killer id also say mr.vorhees from friday part 2 onwards,although after part 3 maybe 4 the franchise did get silly.my favourite killing is a very difficult one to answer.so many horrors and so,so many killings!if my life depended on this answer id go for??????????????????????????? i do like the raft scene in the burning though,axe in the face in friday,be heading in h-tension,chaisaw in face in m.s.p.you get the jist.and as for film i have got a soft spot for many.evil dead,tcm,mad man, friday1 and 2,m.s.p,i spit,last house,the thing,demons,broken,haute tension,going to stop there!i know if anyone replies there is going to be a massive list but that is what i want. cheers speak soon

TheWickerFan
06-12-2010, 01:45 PM
1. Alien
2. Hannibal Lecter
3. The Suspiria Murders
4.Pagan/Ritual

ZombieSlasher
06-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Killer - Myers.

Movie - Halloween

Death Scene - Machete Zombie from Dawn of the Dead.

jvalentine
06-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Here are my all time favorites..

1. Seven
2. Shutter
3. Hannibal Lecter
4. The Grudge
5. Red Dragon.

SAWfreak
06-13-2010, 06:30 AM
SAW
Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Behind the Mask

captainhowdy
07-03-2010, 03:37 AM
hi,just wandered what is your favourite film,killer,killing and genre.tough question for me and im the one asking!there are many of all the above,but for genre id say "slasher".films like friday,burning,madman,halloween etc,etc.as for killer id also say mr.vorhees from friday part 2 onwards,although after part 3 maybe 4 the franchise did get silly.my favourite killing is a very difficult one to answer.so many horrors and so,so many killings!if my life depended on this answer id go for??????????????????????????? i do like the raft scene in the burning though,axe in the face in friday,be heading in h-tension,chaisaw in face in m.s.p.you get the jist.and as for film i have got a soft spot for many.evil dead,tcm,mad man, friday1 and 2,m.s.p,i spit,last house,the thing,demons,broken,haute tension,going to stop there!i know if anyone replies there is going to be a massive list but that is what i want. cheers speak soon

I think there are too many of the slasher movie genre these days and not enough atmospheric horror stories/movies which leave you expecting something to happen whilst keeping you riveted, so many of the characters in these films are all of the same mould, retarded, victimised, deformed etc.. and so through their either physical or social failings become deranged, psychotic butchers which becomes their sole purpose to exist, I think the Shining is a better example of this genre as it uses a real person who through isolation becomes stressed and paranoid and so in some ways becomes deranged through circumstance, the film is tense without being predictable unlike the slasher movies,

I enjoy films with a religious aspect, IE: Rosemary's baby, The Exorcist, Emily Rose etc.. These films are'nt blatant horror but more psychological thriller which leave you asking questions at the end, The Omen trilogy weaved political intrigue into the plot which offers a narrative on world affairs, these slasher movies are pure escapism although it can be said that they have played a part in corrupting the minds of impressionable youngsters, recent cases like the Bulger case and others like it point to an interest in watching slasher movies, whilst I dont wish to start a debate on social moral values it seems that appears to be their only value,

For me a lot of today's horror movies rely heavily on gore without too much weight on plot or story, dont get me wrong I have watched many of them and as pure entertainment they do what I expect of them, they shock, surprise and entertain but beyond that their merits are minimal

ChrisSTC
07-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Jason Voorhees (Old and New)
Michael Myers (Mr. Z's Version)
Jigsaw
Freddy Krueger
Scream
Leatherface

jbp is scary
07-04-2010, 09:41 PM
for best slasher Id say "Amusement" because of its story and sadistic elements!for best killer Id have to say the killer in sleep away camp(you must watch the movie to find out the killer!)because each kill was done creatively and brutally! Last for genre it would be movies with almost no plot but great kill scenes for example when jack frost Axed a guy for a smoke hehe!

iSeymore
07-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Favorite Films:
Well, I never have one particular franchise I enjoy, but a few, and yes they are kinda main stream for horror movie franchises.

-Friday the 13th ('80 - '09)
-A Nightmare on Elm Street ('84 - '10)
-Halloween ('78 - '09)
-The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ('74 - '06)

Killer:

-Jason Voorhees (Killer: '81 - '09)
-Freddy Krueger (Killer: '84 - '10)
-Michael Myers (Killer: '78 - '09)
-Thomas "Leatherface" Hewitt (Killer: '74 - '06)
-Stuntman Mike Mikke (Quentin Tarantino's "Deathproof" ['07])

Genre(s):

-Horror
-Science Fiction
-Comedy
-Action

mrajan
07-15-2010, 03:07 AM
My Favorite Horror movies:
Daybreakers
[Rec] 2
Piranha
The Last Exorcism
A Nightmare On Elm Street

trx1
07-16-2010, 08:29 AM
what about HATCHET??

urdevil
07-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Tough to answer
Top flix:

M
Halloween
The Exorcist
Inside
Wait Until Dark(not horror exactly, but it will freak u out)

Of course, it might change.

Cheers