PDA

View Full Version : burning question

discodude
05-21-2010, 11:52 AM
hi all,sorry if thread already exist but coulont find anything.MAY need to look harder!? anyway just wanted to know peoples thoughts on the 80s horror film THE BURNING.this is one of my favourite and most watched films.i know the summer camp with a killer on the loose has been done many times,but i think this is one of if not the best.close call with the original friday 13th.its got a good story,good music and good camerawork.not to mention effects and the raft scene.i know most will think the raft scene is the only good bit,but i really enjoyed the whole film.so glad they havent remade this or done a sequel.anybody else got a particular film they really enjoy?

neverending
05-21-2010, 12:20 PM
The Buring is a fun movie. I like seeing a young Jason Alexander and a very young Holly Hunter (if you can spot her in a few scenes).

roshiq
05-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I won't mind to see a camp slasher where Jason & Cropsy share a same territory, work together and deliver some bloody fun little time out of the campers. :)

newb
05-21-2010, 02:07 PM
yeah....fun seeing George Costanza with hair.

Some great Tom Savini effects in this one.

AMICUS HORROR
05-22-2010, 08:48 AM
I thought this was a great movie, my dad has a uncut version copy on the old Thorn EMI label just before the movie was banned in Britain under the 1984 video nasty act, I wonder if its worth anything. VIPCO released it very heavily cut to bits, but then they do that all the time with films.:mad: