PDA

View Full Version : fake blood help?

romeromisfits13
04-19-2004, 03:34 PM
i need help makin fake blood and guts and stuff but i dont have any light corn syrup any alternatives to teh corn syrup to make fake blood woith out goin over 5 bux

AmarylandPsycho
04-19-2004, 07:01 PM
ask your local butcher he might be able to help you out

HappyCamper
05-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Trying to make fake blood without going over 5 bucks, is probably going to be hard, but try this and let me know if it works out...

all you will need is

3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/2cup of water
some creamy peanutbutter
red food coloring
green food coloring

this blood won't be very thick, but it's great for splattering on bathroom walls and it looks pretty real.

here's what you do:

get half a cup of water (warm water works best) and put it in a bowl. add the 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and mix it in, until it disolves. Now add in a little bit of peanutbutter at a time, mixing it in. The more peanutbutter the thicker the blood.
Now add in about 1 teaspoon of red food coloring
Add about 2 or 3 drops of green food coloring
Stir..

there you should have some nice fake blood

the cocoa and peanutbutter should make it taste at least good enough to but in your mouth. yeah everything is edible so you won't die..

Freddy Krueger.
06-03-2004, 05:42 AM
HappyCamper has a great idea for it.

Heres mine:

This easy recipe will make surprisingly realistic looking fake blood. Keep in mind, this "blood" may temporarily stain skin and it will permanently stain clothing.

You will need:

1 3/4 C corn syrup
1/4 C water
2 tsp. liquid red food coloring
8-10 drops liquid blue food coloring
1/4 C sifted corn starch

I like to use a salad dressing bottle to mix this formula. In any event, you will need a container that closes tightly and won't leak if you shake it.

Mix corn syrup and water, add food colorings, cover and shake to mix. Add the sifted cornstrach and shake well again. If any lumps remain, let the bottle site for a few seconds, they will rise to the top and you can skim them off. Store in the refrigerator, don't make too far in advance as this only keeps for a couple of days.

Its not as good as HappyCamper's, though. You should go with his.

Sam The Egg
06-03-2004, 08:32 PM
2-1/2 Tablespoons water
60-70 drops of red food coloring
10-15 drops yellow food coloring
2-3 drops blue food coloring
5-1/2 Tablespoons white corn syrup

Mix the food colourings and water together first, then slowly mix in the syrup. Dark syrup works too if you won't have it on anything or in your mouth

stonefx
06-14-2004, 03:50 PM
cool thread!

any ideas for making guts or brains?

thanks.

HappyCamper
06-17-2004, 05:30 PM
yeah the recipe I use is pretty cool...but it's hard to make a big batch of it...if anyone knows a good recipe for making gallons and gallons of fake blood, let me know.

Miss Britt
06-22-2004, 01:18 AM
I would also like to know how to make fake guts and brains...
any Ideas?

-->oscam5<--
06-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Woah, HappyCampers blood is awesome for spattering clothes with, Its too runny to put on your face or anything but is fantastic for dripping. Tastes good too!

HappyCamper
06-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks! Yeah it's great for splattering on clothes, bathroom walls, etc. You can actually make it thicker, try using less water, or more corn syrup.

-->oscam5<--
06-30-2004, 07:14 AM
Nice tip. Heres an excellent site I found, loads of recipes here: The Ravens fake blood recipes (www.shades-of-night.com/larp/blood)
Stone fx, for little chunks of brains in blood [kinda like the brains on the backseat in the new massacre] follow HappyCampers recipe, but use really chunky peanut butter. Looks pretty real.

HappyCamper
06-30-2004, 10:54 AM
hey that's the site, where I got my recipe from!

stonefx
07-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

movieman64
07-01-2004, 11:17 AM
We use this alot at the haunted house. It works pretty good, it's not edible, so it doesn't draw bugs, and the hand sanitizer makes it "keep" for some time. Most of the ingreidents we get at the dollar store, except the oil, we get that at Autozone or Wal-Mart, (it's also known as water pump lubricant). You can thicken it up or thin it down as you like. Use the styling gel for thicking. The oil gives it a glossy look.

19 fl. oz. water-based styling gel
4 fl. oz. hand sanitizer gel
4 tbs water-soluble oil
7 tbs red food color
9 drops blue food color
enough water to make 1 gallon

We also make intestines, organs, (hearts,Kidneys etc.) out of paper towels covered with latex.

We use the classic corn syurp recipe when we have someone coming in close contact with the blood, or for blood capsules.

HappyCamper
07-02-2004, 03:00 PM
thanks movieman64! i'll have to try out that recipe when I get the chance (meaning when i have the money to spend)

HappyCamper
07-27-2004, 05:40 AM
Thanks D! i'm gonna try out the compressed air bullet hits as soon as I have the money to spend on the needed materials!

I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!

Know of anyway of making exploding heads?

HappyCamper
07-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Duncanature
Thanks, but I've done them several times before. They look awesome.

Um... not really... but I'll work on that.

The only way I could think of was to get a watermelon (that's close to human head size) and blow it up! and then chroma key it in where the person's head would be and with some tricky editing you probably could time the frames so that you see the persons head and then you see it explode without ever actuallly seeing a watermelon... probably would look pretty lame though.

evil never dies
07-28-2004, 02:03 AM
cool topic

MVP732
07-29-2004, 12:06 PM
heres a good blood recipes for things you can find around the house.

P.S. these aren't really recipes but eh...

1) red paint
2) red food coloring with a little bit of water
3) random red make-up u can steal from your sister or mom.

for flesh
Mix starch and glue together with a lot of red food coloring. Should looks like bloody muscle tissue. Use it quickly, the coloring turns pink if handled to much or if its just sitting around too long.

HappyCamper
07-29-2004, 12:42 PM
what about an exploding head? i wanna know how to make an exploding head!

mixojoe
08-04-2004, 04:00 PM
yeah we have been using compressed air hits for years and years, i use a compressor personally. Will have my own tutorial up soon finally.
Check out my fake blood tutorial also for some hints

http://www.sickindividual.com/tipblood.html

gnarly
08-26-2004, 02:59 AM
mix red food die with milk

Sam The Egg
08-26-2004, 02:47 PM
for intestines: Fill dialasis tubing with jelly and fake blood

DeadPeopl8
08-27-2004, 08:07 AM
to make the brain u can put a plum in the center of a boll of jello and skwirt red and blue food coloring gell all lover it