PDA

View Full Version : Lucio Fulci

Hollow God
04-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I watched "The Beyond" a little while ago and I plan on watching some of his other films very soon. I just wanted to give the guy some praise, after all he practically invented Gore. What do you guys think of his films?

Elvis_Christ
04-03-2010, 01:41 PM
H.G Lewis poineered gore as we know it IMO but Fulci did take it to a whole new level.

I dig Fulci's films a lot and a few of them are my all time favorites of the genre.

lowlife
04-03-2010, 06:55 PM
New York Ripper is Fulci at his slimiest and sleaziest best and a killer that quacks like a duck before and during his kills.Classic Fulci and classic horror.:)

8.5/10

Hollow God
04-03-2010, 07:08 PM
New York Ripper is Fulci at his slimiest and sleaziest best and a killer that quacks like a duck before and during his kills.Classic Fulci and classic horror.:)

8.5/10

I've been wanting to see that one for some time now, I'd love to say I'm a big fan of his work (and I am a big admirer) but like I said I've only seen one of his films at this point. I just can't seem to find them anywhere.

lowlife
04-03-2010, 07:18 PM
He is the sickest cat of all time you gotta see all his flicks at any cost,I dunno know how to help you on finding that shit though I live in a trailer park with my cousin Rodney,brother Bubba,baby sis Sisann I watch old VHS only man.

By the way you have any spare food or drink?
I am so hungry and thirsty

Doc Faustus
04-04-2010, 10:50 AM
I really like Cat in the Brain.

lowlife
04-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Lucio Fulci is my sick and twisted hero:):cool:

Elvis_Christ
04-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I've been wanting to see that one for some time now, I'd love to say I'm a big fan of his work (and I am a big admirer) but like I said I've only seen one of his films at this point. I just can't seem to find them anywhere.

Blue Underground have some solid releases of his stuff check it out:

http://www.blue-underground.com/search.php?search=fulci&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

The New York Ripper is excellent, so twisted in parts. Def check it out. House By The Cemetery and Zombie are essential for those new to the man's work. There's a lot I haven't seen yet.

lowlife
04-05-2010, 02:06 PM
For all horror fans out there,its essential to watch his depraved body of work:eek::cool:

The Krell
04-06-2010, 05:18 AM
I like quite a few of his movies with The Beyond being my favorite.I do however think Murder Rock was pretty awful,so I'm not totally enamored I guess.

lowlife
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
WTF?????Dont be hating one of my heroes Krell:mad:no,no,no you dont:D

Elvis_Christ
04-06-2010, 08:38 PM
I like quite a few of his movies with The Beyond being my favorite.I do however think Murder Rock was pretty awful,so I'm not totally enamored I guess.

I don't mind Murder Rock i thought it was a decent return to his Giallo roots and was quite a subtle film for him during that particular period showing people he was more than blood and guts.

lowlife
04-08-2010, 05:41 PM
This thread is the place be....only if more would actually show up to post here:confused::rolleyes::(

AMICUS HORROR
04-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Yeh, I like all his movies but Zombie Flesh Eators is the father of all Zombie movies.

lowlife
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Your cool cat;)welcome to the boards:cool:

Deimos
04-12-2010, 09:17 PM
H.G Lewis poineered gore as we know it IMO but Fulci did take it to a whole new level.

I dig Fulci's films a lot and a few of them are my all time favorites of the genre.

Agreed, one of the best of all time.

ProfondoXxRosso
04-12-2010, 09:22 PM

You know theres this thing called the internet yes? Amazon.com...

Elvis_Christ
04-13-2010, 06:08 PM
You know theres this thing called the internet yes? Amazon.com...

They're probably talking about how there's not much of his stuff just sitting on the shelves at your usual outlets. You don't really see much Fulci stuff on the shelves here at all. Not everyone buys straight off the internet.

ProfondoXxRosso
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Anytime I want a movie I just toddle off to Amazon.com
They have everything there. And the price of buying online > the price in the store.

Elvis_Christ
04-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Anytime I want a movie I just toddle off to Amazon.com
They have everything there. And the price of buying online > the price in the store.

Yeh I'm much the same apart from buying from a budget store over here which has most mainstream titles for really cheap.

tachii
04-18-2010, 09:40 PM
first fulci film i ever saw was zombie at the age of 8. same goes for new york ripper, haven't seen that one in forever; i wouldn't mind taking a look at that one again. didn't really care too much for house by the cemetary or the beyond. i did however enjoy the gates of hell and don't torture a duckling. i don't remember if cat o' nine tails was his or argento. i want to say argento?

QuisCustodiet
04-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Love the guy. Lizard in a Woman's Skin is likely his best, but its a tough choice.

paws the great
04-20-2010, 07:24 PM
i don't remember if cat o' nine tails was his or argento. i want to say argento?

Cat O'Nine Tails - Dario Argento

The Black Cat - Lucio Fulci

The Four of the Apocalypse, Don't torture a Duckling, A Lizard in a Woman's Skin, One on Top of the Other and City of the Living Dead are some of my favorites.

I like all of his ficks... but I prefer his Gialli over his gore films. Too bad he didn't make more thrillers.

Aperion
05-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I've just started watching his films, so far I've seen:

Zombi 2
City of the Living Dead
The Beyond
The House by the Cemetery

I love this man's work. I can't believe it took me until now to really discover and get into this stuff. The Beyond is amazing, the surreal and irrational nature of hell.

Elvis_Christ
05-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Last Fulci I watched was The Eroticist. Great fun and it has some of his best cinematography, the dream sequences looked really cool. Not as OTT as I was expecting but well worth a watch if you're interested in his output outside of horror.