PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Made For TV HORROR MOVIES?

baseball2k
03-21-2010, 03:30 PM
what is your favorite HORROR MADE FOR TV MOVIES?

neverending
03-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Frankenstein: The True Story, with James Mason, David McCallum & Michael Sarrizan.

Elvis_Christ
03-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Not films I know but the Masters of Horror stuff was dope especially Cigarette Burns.

I really dug It when it was screened on TV as a mini series. It was a lot more effective in that format I thought. The ending is totally average however.

But for my favorite I'd have to go with my man Kolchak and The Night Stalker pilot movie.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/Stevenzilla54/Kolchakposter2.jpg

cheebacheeba
03-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Probably "it" would rate pretty highly for me.
Also I saw one (only once) called "House of Frankenstein" sometime in the 90's that I really liked...have never seen or heard of it since...

Straker
03-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Frankenstein: The True Story, with James Mason, David McCallum & Michael Sarrizan.

I had to take a closer look at this because it didn't sound familiar. Feels like something I should've seen, but I haven't, unless I saw it as a kid. Either way I am gonna have to track this down. The cast list is crammed with names. Worth it just for Mason & McCallum, but with names like Gielgud and even Tom Baker in there I have to check this out. Sounds quality.

As to the question at hand, I'd go with Salems Lot.

neverending
03-22-2010, 07:33 AM
It was actually a mini-series originally. I can't remember now if it was in 2 or 3 parts, but it's very well done and attempts to tell the story as it was written, from beginning to end.

Ferox13
03-22-2010, 10:15 PM
It was actually a mini-series originally. I can't remember now if it was in 2 or 3 parts, but it's very well done and attempts to tell the story as it was written, from beginning to end.

2 parts - and you're right, amazing adaptation. I stil have it some where on VHS from the telly..There was also a pretty faithful Dracula 2-part BBC miniseries made in the 70's . Though it suffered from a lowish budget (it was shot on video and film), I do remember it being enjoyable..

Some TV not mentioned I liked:

Trilogy of Terror

Whose afraid of the dark

Duel

Bad Ronald

The Woman in Black

The various MR James Christmas ghost stories.

neverending
03-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Duel is great. Have to agree with you there.

zwoti
03-23-2010, 12:14 PM
salem's lot

roshiq
03-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Some TV not mentioned I liked:

Trilogy of Terror

Bad Ronald

The Woman in Black

I have only seen them lately, all are great.

The Krell
03-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Bad Ronald totally creeped me out when it first aired.

I also liked the Mason/Sarrazin Frankenstein.I remember the wedding day scene as being particularly well done.

Others I can recall ..

Storm of the Century.I thought the Linoge character was interesting and incredibly well played

Trilogy of Terror

phantomstranger
03-24-2010, 10:07 AM
The Night Stalker
Trilogy Of Terror
Duel
Salem's Lot (79)
Dracula (Jack Palance version)

crimson_ghost
03-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys haha! :D

Doc Faustus
03-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Duel, Salem's Lot, The Stand and VH1's Strange Frequency

asoundmind
03-24-2010, 12:18 PM
It and The Stand are two coming to mind at the moment.

iSeymore
03-29-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't really know what people mean when they say Made for TV horror movies. So I'm just going to say....Wes Craven's 1996 Slasher film, SCREAM Ghostface really freaked me out when I was growing up, and I was only five years old when this movie was released in cinemas. I bought the Trilogy last year at HMV for like $9.99 and I thought that was a fantastic buy!

neverending
03-29-2010, 09:09 AM
It's really very simple to understand the term "made for TV horror film." You see, not every movie made was intended for theatrical release. There are, in fact, movies that were made specifically to be shown on TV. There are a lot of made for TV movies, and if you go back to the beginning of this thread and actually read the replies, you can read the names of many movies that were never shown in theatres, but were originally shown on television, and are great examples of the horror genre.

TheWickerFan
06-09-2010, 11:10 AM
The Deliberate Stranger
To Catch A Killer
Ghostwatch
Til Murder Do Us Part
It
The Stand
Duel
Salem's Lot
The Last Broadcast
The Dark Secret Of Harvest Home
The Day After

discodude
06-09-2010, 11:57 AM
not sure if this was made for tv,but stephen kings storm of the century!brilliant!

endo
06-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Trilogy Of Terror is one of my all time favorites, and scared the crap out of me as a kid.
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark was great as well. Watching it again fairly recently left a bit to be desired in the monster make up department, but still a really creepy film.

Dark Secrets Of Harvest Home was good as was Burnt Offerings. IT was good, but as mentioned, lost a lot of steam at the end...but so did the book IMO.

roshiq
06-09-2010, 11:33 PM
A Cold Night's Death (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068390/) (1973)

AMICUS HORROR
06-10-2010, 03:35 AM
My dad taped this tv mini film from tv years ago, you guys might remember it, it starred Christopher Lee as a ship captain.
http://www.horror.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=444

It can be seen on youtube, very scary. Theses people did not want to be rescued, I wonder why!!!!

AMICUS HORROR
06-10-2010, 03:43 AM
Another one from dads collection, it starred Dennis Weaver.
http://www.horror.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=46&pictureid=445

Thats what happens when you tie your sisters shoe laces together.:eek:

KryLon
06-24-2010, 05:32 PM
what is your favorite HORROR MADE FOR TV MOVIES?

Does anyone know if the Karloff series 1/2 hour episodes (ca. 1962) are available anywhere?
I am a longtime horror film fan and there have only been 3 films that I can say ever "scared" me.

1. The Wolfman ( when I was 4 y.o)
2 The Killer Shrews ( when I was 9 or so )
3 Pigeons from Hell ( (12 y.o;on "Thriller", from the short story by RE Howard).

I especially love the atmospheric, gothic, erotic films of the past.

~M~