PDA

View Full Version : Trick R Treat (Spoilers obviously)

NzBigC
02-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Hey there, I just finished watching this movie (3AM) and am a bit confused about what happened (Not sure If I am tired and easily missed something because of that or if I just straight up missed something). Well anyway, some things I want to know are...

When that little girl does not let the other kids back into the lift, does she think they are just lying and playing around again, or does she really know what is going on? If she did in fact know they were being real, then why did she act all freaked out when they did play the prank in the first place?

What happened to the father who killed that large kid? I am pretty sure I missed something, but why bother to even have him in the film if it did not even add anything to the story in the end?

Adding to that, I can see that the old man was the bus driver, so I can see how the 'troubled' children and the old man linked, but how did everything else link together? Such as the werewolfs, what did that add to the movie?

Maybe I am just too tired, and should watch it during the day so I can get a better understanding.

Can anybody fill in the cracks for me?

Cheers!

ChronoGrl
02-13-2010, 05:37 AM
.................................................. ...............

Hey there, I just finished watching this movie (3AM) and am a bit confused about what happened (Not sure If I am tired and easily missed something because of that or if I just straight up missed something). Well anyway, some things I want to know are...

When that little girl does not let the other kids back into the lift, does she think they are just lying and playing around again, or does she really know what is going on? She really knows what's going on. It's classic vengeance/revenge. If she did in fact know they were being real, then why did she act all freaked out when they did play the prank in the first place? I don't understand the question. She thought the prank was real too.

What happened to the father who killed that large kid? He was the hooded figure who killed the girl during the parade and who also stalked Anna Paquin. Anna Paquin finished him off. I am pretty sure I missed something, but why bother to even have him in the film if it did not even add anything to the story in the end?

Adding to that, I can see that the old man was the bus driver, so I can see how the 'troubled' children and the old man linked, but how did everything else link together? Such as the werewolfs, what did that add to the movie? The werewolves killed off the father who killed off the fat kid. And the story comes full circle.

Maybe I am just too tired, and should watch it during the day so I can get a better understanding.

Can anybody fill in the cracks for me?

Cheers!

Doctor Loomis
02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
i see no point in anyone trying to "figure out" this movie. the plot (which sucks and goes all over the place) is stupid. and well, there isnt really a plot anyways. its just a random movie

NzBigC
02-13-2010, 06:16 PM
Ok thanks for clearing up some of the things that I missed.

And yeah, I felt that the movie was a bit stupid and random too.

mosca
02-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Plot isn't everything. This movie is awesome.

K.Diddy
02-19-2010, 07:11 PM
:cool:I enjoyed this movie,I wouldn't go out and buy it or anything though,but as a friday or satarday night rental,I highly reccomend it

novakru
02-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I have had this on netflixqueue forever...can't wait till it's number is up:)

Despare
02-22-2010, 04:41 PM
i see no point in anyone trying to "figure out" this movie. the plot (which sucks and goes all over the place) is stupid. and well, there isnt really a plot anyways. its just a random movie

No, it's more of a compilation movie like Creepshow but these mini features connect to each other more closely and aren't necessarily shown in chronological order. I found nothing random or "all over the place" about this flick at all. I think you'll really dig it Nova.

novakru
02-22-2010, 05:22 PM
I think you'll really dig it Nova.

I think so too.
It seems that whatever Chrono likes, I like.
I have a sneaky suspicion she may be my twin that was born 10 years after me...or whatever the age difference is;)

ChronoGrl
02-22-2010, 05:44 PM
I think so too.
It seems that whatever Chrono likes, I like.
I have a sneaky suspicion she may be my twin that was born 10 years after me...or whatever the age difference is;)

I KNEW I had an ultra-cool doppelganger out there... Come move out to the East Coast so we can hang, k? :cool:

And I agree with Des - I think you'll love it, though I have to warn you, if you're not a fan of Creepshow, you might not (Mark HATED Creepshow and can't watch Trick 'r Treat without thinking, "It's a Creepshow wannabe.")... See, me, I liked Creepshow and I feel as though Trick 'r Treat was making a more modern adaptation of the pump medium by tying in Halloween urban legends... It's definitely clever AND well-made.

And it's not "random" at all - It's a well-taylored compilation of urban myth and pulp that is an homage to Creepshow, Tales from the Crypt, and 80s slashers... It's a very smart film and I think a must-see for horror lovers.

novakru
02-23-2010, 05:12 AM
I do live on the East Coast dudette, but below the mason dixon line... where the locals are missing teeth and chromosomes:D

I LOVED all the Tales and Creeps and Zones...loved them, loved them:cool:

crazy raplh
02-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Trick R treat is great. It had a nice Halloween feel to it. Don't try to dig into it just enjoy it for what it is, and always check your candy. LOL

Disease
02-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I KNEW I had an ultra-cool doppelganger out there... Come move out to the East Coast so we can hang, k? :cool:

And I agree with Des - I think you'll love it, though I have to warn you, if you're not a fan of Creepshow, you might not (Mark HATED Creepshow and can't watch Trick 'r Treat without thinking, "It's a Creepshow wannabe.")... See, me, I liked Creepshow and I feel as though Trick 'r Treat was making a more modern adaptation of the pump medium by tying in Halloween urban legends... It's definitely clever AND well-made.

And it's not "random" at all - It's a well-taylored compilation of urban myth and pulp that is an homage to Creepshow, Tales from the Crypt, and 80s slashers... It's a very smart film and I think a must-see for horror lovers.

I disagree.

I don't think it worked all that well. The story's were weak and there where no real frights. And the character at the end and the start, what the fuck was that meant to be?

I was really disappointed this one after all the hype it got on HDC.

WilsonTheWriter
02-26-2010, 12:30 AM
I saw this at Frightfest in London back in August. It was one of the most anticipated, hyped up films and it just didn't deliver. It was better than most of the teen slasher films coming out these days, but in terms of being a real horror great it didn't add anything to the genre at all.

There's definitely a reason this is a straight to DVD release.