PDA

View Full Version : Anime Lovers??

Arioch
04-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Just wondering if there are any Anime lovers here, and which ones are your favorite. I personally LOVE Neon Genesis Evangeleon for all the psychological/religious themes. Also a big fan of Vampire Hunter D, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Ronin Warriors, and the Animatrix. Im sure there are others, but thats all i can see on my shelf right now....

hellfire1
04-16-2004, 05:05 PM
big fan of kenshin ( arioch, i think you look a lot like this character ! ), bastard ( yes, you read correctly ), DNAČ... and many others. don't know if anyone is familiar with them though.

Sam The Egg
04-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Miyazaki's stuff is good. And I love Trigun and the Ruroni Kenshin movie (Truth and Betrayal director's cut)

hellfire1
04-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
Miyazaki's stuff is good. And I love Trigun and the Ruroni Kenshin movie (Truth and Betrayal director's cut)

ah ! a connaisseur !
i love that movie... always makes me cry :o

Arioch
04-16-2004, 08:29 PM
i liked the the Ruroni Kenshin movie. Good stuff, couldnt stand Trigun tho, WAY to goofy and cartoony for my taste.

big fan of kenshin ( arioch, i think you look a lot like this character ! )

Wow thats really flattering! I only WISH i looked like him.

Arioch
04-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Vampire hunter D owns. Check out the pics of it in the vampire thread HERE (http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5529&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

bloodygurl02
05-11-2004, 06:27 PM
sailor moon.
magic knight rayearth
hamtaro
pokemon
theres more i forget titles to

Sam The Egg
05-11-2004, 06:54 PM
at the risk of losing all manliness (which is an overrated trait anyways, IMO), I've been watching this show as of late:
http://animate-usa.com/HTML/PB/IMAGES/AZUMANGA_DAIOH_0700.jpg

bloodygurl02
05-11-2004, 06:55 PM
at the risk of losing all manliness (which is an overrated trait anyways, IMO), I've been watching this show as of late:
http://animate-usa.com/HTML/PB/IMAGES/AZUMANGA_DAIOH_0700.jpg

whats the title of it??????

Sam The Egg
05-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Azumanga Daioh. It's really really...goofy. Really goofy.

Very goofy...

bloodygurl02
05-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Azumanga Daioh. It's really really...goofy. Really goofy.

Very goofy...

looks good wahts it about ????

Sam The Egg
05-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Not a whole lot. Just stuff that happens in a high school class. Like GTO, but a mostly female cast and nothing really out of the ordinary happens.

bloodygurl02
05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
has any one here ever watched millenium actress?? if so is it any good???????

Sam The Egg
05-11-2004, 07:01 PM
I heard it was pretty great.

Amalthea
05-11-2004, 11:54 PM
Bamboo Bears
Digimon
Pokemon
Sailor Moon
Spirited Away
Super Pig
The Last Unicorn

Arioch
05-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Anyone yet seen Serial Expieriments Lain?? another mind-fuck anime i enjoyed, wasn't ALL THAT like everyone claims tho....

HappyCamper
05-20-2004, 05:53 PM
I agree with most of you...

a few i like are:

Akira (overrated maybe?)

Area 88 (there was a video game based on this that kicked ass as well!)

Ghost in the Shell

Vampire Hunter D, and Bloodlust

Blood: the Last Vampire

Cowboy Beebop

Ninja Scroll

and well Voltron

GeoVamp
05-26-2004, 07:21 PM
I love Vampire Hunter D and Blood: the Last Vampire great stuff and I also like: Ninja Scroll, Cowboy Beebop (Valantine is so HOT for an anime chick), Bio-hunters,and I just started watching Tri-Gun and Wolf Rain on Cartoon Network after I get off work...I fact I record it on my DVR just in case I miss. I like Devil Man is also the BOMB

bloodygurl02
05-26-2004, 07:48 PM
any one like project AKO?????

i thought it was good. its been awhile since i saw it but i liked it

cheebacheeba
05-27-2004, 03:36 AM
Not much, but have seen and liked the following:

Bubblegum crisis, crying freeman, one I think was called technoman, an episode or two of orphen, mysterious cities of gold if that counts...probably a few more, just remembered watching one called "action kid" or some shit like that - it was pretty cool, but I only ever came across the first dvd...

arioch, since you liked cowboy beebop, I gotta ask you a question...
I just got the first dvd of CB, but at the beginning when the title shows theres both the asian and english titles, but among the asian characters, it seems to have 2 (like, the "II" kind) a few times around on the screen...I dunno if it's a 2nd sries or a first due to this..The first episode has the dude and his friend tracking down a guy who's distributing vials of this red eye spray shit?

Am I at the beggining or not?

HappyCamper
05-27-2004, 11:56 AM
anybody remember 'Leo the Lion: Legend of the Jungle' ? i use to watch this when I first woke up when I was a kid. it was really kool. Disney ripped it off! Leo looks exactly like the main lion cub from 'The Lion King'

Arioch
05-27-2004, 02:33 PM
I dont know cheeba, i have only seen the series on cartoon network and dont have any of the dvd's except the movie as they are expensive as shit.....i plan on getting the boxed set tho when i have some money....

swiftdeath
05-27-2004, 03:42 PM
I've seen Serial Experiments:Lain, haven't seen the whole series yet though, only up to episode 10. Boogiepop Phantom is pretty good. I haven't seen Blue Seed in so long. Still want to see Silent Mobius, and I probably spelled that wrong as usual. Just saw Hellsing. Still confused about the very end of Big O. Finshed .hack, series not game. And thats all I can think of right now...

cheebacheeba
05-28-2004, 01:06 AM
OK then....so who do I talk to abou Cowboy Beebop...

- Speak up.

Did the movie come first, or the series? How many series has there been?

Sam The Egg
06-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Okay, I'm doing an AMV for the Samurai X movie, except I can't decide on a song to use. I have it narrowed down to the following songs, which one should I use (or suggest another one):
The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle
If You Want Blood by AC/DC
Waffle by Sevendust
In The End by Linkin Park
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Instant Repeater '99 by Soundtrack of Our Lives
Mama Kin by Aerosmith

kpropain
06-08-2004, 07:47 PM
Okay, I'm doing an AMV for the Samurai X movie, except I can't decide on a song to use. I have it narrowed down to the following songs, which one should I use (or suggest another one):
The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle
If You Want Blood by AC/DC
Waffle by Sevendust
In The End by Linkin Park
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Instant Repeater '99 by Soundtrack of Our Lives
Mama Kin by Aerosmith

If You Want Blood - AC/DC

Sam The Egg
06-09-2004, 03:15 PM
yeah, that's what I ended up using. I'll see if I can send it to animemusicvideos.org or something, as I have no place to host it except 250free.com, and I can't have my bandwidth used up on that

EDIT: It's up
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=40730

Arioch
06-15-2004, 09:19 AM
Akira maybe overrated HC, but i just watched it for the first time and you can DEFINITLY tell how much it changed anime and influenced others *cough* dragon ball z*cough*....i personally went out and bought it immediatly.....i loved it....

Trigun is the most overrated fucking POS anime ever...i've seen EVERY episode, from the goofy ass begining the to the knives conclusion...fucking shit....never again....

I am finishing up Berserk which i must say kicks MAJOR ass, kind of a fantasy braveheart esk Anime which fucking OWNS....

Also downloading Bastard (a bit goofy sword and sorcery anime), macross plus, and macros ZERO (beautifully animated top gun anime with transforming jet planes, think top gun meets gundam) and Ghost in the shell SAC, the series (i didnt think it was possible but the series is actually BETTER animated than the movie....breathtaking)...

Oh and i just started the escaflowne series, the movie was a bit lack luster i thought, but perhaps one needs to see the entirety of the series to appreciated it....we shall see...

Vodstok
06-15-2004, 09:29 AM
I loved Akira. That is a great, dark movie.

Ghost in the Shell was good too. Cartoon or not, I must give a nod to anything that shows that much gratuitous boobage. Very clever, original story too.

jay o2 waster
06-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Cowboy Bebop
Vampire Hunter D
Trigun
Vampire Princess Miyu
Witch Hunter Robin
Fruits Basket

KRUGERKID13
06-18-2004, 10:36 PM
i really can not get into anime i tried watching dragonball z and vampire hunter d (worst vamp. movie ive ever seen)

bloodygurl02
06-19-2004, 06:46 PM
any one heard of an anime called wedding peach. whats it like and is it any good ???

bloodrayne
06-20-2004, 09:33 AM
I knew that I would find you guys in this thread...lol

Arioch
06-20-2004, 04:28 PM
i really can not get into anime i tried watching dragonball z and vampire hunter d (worst vamp. movie ive ever seen)

Which D did you watch? you gotta watch Bloodlust man!!!

Arioch
06-22-2004, 10:35 PM
BERSERK!!!!!!

Miss Britt
06-23-2004, 02:42 AM
Ever see this?

Miss Britt
06-23-2004, 02:43 AM
:)

Arioch
06-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Bloodlust is hands down...the best vampire anime EVER!! I saw blood reign at my local anime store today....thought about it....i guess i should download them....are they that cool?

Elmagnifico
07-10-2004, 03:17 AM
Gasaraki is cool speshli d song @ d end