PDA

View Full Version : Frozen

Roderick Usher
02-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I saw FROZEN Friday night and it is quite an impresive feat, but surely not for everyone. The acting is solid the pacing is excellent and the characters are well-drawn... but the real star is director Adam Green. He wrings the maximum possible suspense and pathos from an admittedly thin plot.

It is not a horror film and those going to see it hoping for a gorefest or high action will be let down. It is a small, tight drama/thriller with white-knuckle tension. I give it a solid 7.5 out of 10.

I've heard tons of people saying how they could escape the harrowing situation, but Kane Hodder (who was stunt co-oridinator on the film) came out after the screening to tell everyone that there is no way anyone would escape the situation in one piece. His own stuntmen had an extremely hard time shimmying along the cable and the 60 foot drop (for real... no CG in the film) was asking for seious injury. So all those Macguyver/Indiana Jones "heroes" on the internet saying they would be able to escape the scenario are delusional.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm friends with Adam Green, but I'm also honest in saying this is his best crafted film. I can't wait to see what he does with a budget.

Roderick Usher
02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Its wider release depends on the box office numbers. Anchor Bay doesn't have the best track record on theatrical distribution (they're great with DVDs) but I've been told they will expand the release if the per-screen averages are high enough off it's limited release.

I haven't seen any numbers yet, but I'm guessing the East Coast blizzard wasn't too friendly to the box office.

Roderick Usher
02-08-2010, 06:11 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19022

Anchor Bay will ship a copy of FROZEN to any theater that requests it!!!! Call you locall theater and tell your manager to request it!

Support indie film!

Elvis_Christ
02-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Not sure about this one. I hated Hatchet with a passion so I'm not sure if I'm down with checking it out. But horror might not have been his thing and he could shine in this one. I won't write Green off yet.

Vlad The Impaler
07-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Check out my review of 'Frozen', here:

http://cinematichorrorarchive.wordpress.com/2010/06/27/frozen-2010/

itsneverover
07-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Thin plots bore me, sorry & the situation seems too unlikely in these days... maybe of been good in a 80s-early 90s setting but eh.

TheWickerFan
01-07-2011, 10:23 AM
I really enjoyed this film. I didn't need one, but I now have another reason never to go on a ski lift.

Angra
01-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I saw FROZEN Friday night and it is quite an impresive feat, but surely not for everyone. The acting is solid the pacing is excellent and the characters are well-drawn... but the real star is director Adam Green. He wrings the maximum possible suspense and pathos from an admittedly thin plot.

Couldn't agree more.

Good watch and very impressive directing.

ChronoGrl
01-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Meh - Pretty disappointed in this one. While the acting was good, I honestly could not suspend my disbelief to a point where I felt that there was a legitimate threat. Also, I didn't really buy into...

SPOILERS

The wolves.

[/SPOILERS]

Ferox13
01-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Got to agree with Chrono on this one plus all the characters were so unlikable it was hard to root to them.

Anthropophagus
01-09-2011, 06:33 AM
I loved this movie i have to say,yes the plot line does seem unbelievable at times but this is a movie remember not true life.

The Mothman
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
yep, the canines killed it.

bwind22
01-23-2011, 10:14 PM
I thought it was pretty well made for the budget. Plot was thin, acting was passable, I noticed an editing error in there, but overall, for the budget it was decent. The leg break shot looked good but all the other gore was off-screen, so that was a little disappointing.

TheWickerFan
01-24-2011, 01:20 AM
yep, the canines killed it.

I was okay with that in the end, but I know what you mean. It made me think of The Day After Tomorrow.