PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Metal (1981).

HarryCanyon
02-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Wickedly cool, sexy and gory Sci-fi horror fantasy animated anthology! this one is about an evil orb from space that terrorizes a young girl and tells her five stories of futuristic cab drivers, nerds who become barbarians in another world, trial and error in space, zombies in WWII, stoner aliens and a sexy female warrior trying to save the universe.

It's a fun flick with good animation for it's time, an awesome old school soundtrack and takes a spit on political correctness. In the same way as Ralph Bakshi's stuff or even Japanese animation, this one takes mature audiences animation to a new level. This one is kind of like a cross between Twilight Zone The Movie, The Fifth Element, Akira and The Neverending Story as this one has beautiful animated women like Taarna who get naked from tits to pubes, gory violence and dark humor.

One of my favorites!

Elvis_Christ
02-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeh that flick rules... the comic of Heavy Metal 2000 was really good but holy shit the movie sucked and had some terrible animation.

A classic for sure is there a decent DVD release of this?

Have you seen Fire and Ice? I dig that one a lot too.

HarryCanyon
02-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Why yes there is gonna be a new HM movie done by James Cameron, David Fincher, Guillermo Del Toro, Zack Snyder, Jack Black, Gore Verbinski and Rob Zombie. It will have a variety of different animation in 14 stories this time with different animation in each segment such as 2D handdrawn, CGI, Clay Animation, Stop Motion, Sketchy, Flash and Japanese animation.

They need Yoshikata Kawajarri of Ninja Scroll fame or Katushiro Otomo of Akira fame to do an anime segment and Will Vinton for a Claymation segment. Yes i have Fire and Ice on Blu-Ray, that movie rocks. I also love Bakshi's stuff, anime, Haunted World of El Superbeasto and hentai for other good adult toon movies even South Park The Movie.

Do you think this movie compares to other nasty and gory animated sex and gore feasts like Wicked City or Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend? and who thinks this movie was an inspiration to Luc Besson's The Fifth Element?

novakru
02-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Jack Black?
Well, I'm lining up to see it then, no question.
That man needs to be in every movie ever made from this moment on IMHO.

trx1
02-03-2010, 06:53 PM
cant find it in american on youtube...??

ToxicAvenger
02-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Why yes there is gonna be a new HM movie done by James Cameron, David Fincher, Guillermo Del Toro, Zack Snyder, Jack Black, Gore Verbinski and Rob Zombie. It will have a variety of different animation in 14 stories this time with different animation in each segment such as 2D handdrawn, CGI, Clay Animation, Stop Motion, Sketchy, Flash and Japanese animation.

They need Yoshikata Kawajarri of Ninja Scroll fame or Katushiro Otomo of Akira fame to do an anime segment and Will Vinton for a Claymation segment. Yes i have Fire and Ice on Blu-Ray, that movie rocks. I also love Bakshi's stuff, anime, Haunted World of El Superbeasto and hentai for other good adult toon movies even South Park The Movie.

Do you think this movie compares to other nasty and gory animated sex and gore feasts like Wicked City or Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend? and who thinks this movie was an inspiration to Luc Besson's The Fifth Element?

NICE! when is that suppost to come out??

trx1
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM
that the METALIST movie ive ever seen.