PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Razzie Award Nominees/Winners

_____V_____
02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Worth a chuckle or two!

February 1, 2010 - The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation has announced its nominees for 2009's Berry Worst "Achievements" in Film.

The Gala 30th Annual Razzie Awards will also "honor" The Worst of the "Uh-Ohs," with awards for the Worst Picture, Actor and Actress of the Decade in ceremonies scheduled for Hollywood's Barnsdall Gallery Theatre at 7:30pm PST on Saturday, March 6 (the evening before the Academy Awards ceremony).

This year's nominees for Worst Picture are:
All About Steve,
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra,
Old Dogs,
Land of the Lost, and
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

The nominees for Worst Actor include:
all three Jonas brothers in Jonas Brothers: The 3-D Concert Experience,
Will Ferrell in Land of the Lost,
Steve Martin in The Pink Panther 2,
Eddie Murphy in Imagine That, and
John Travolta in Old Dogs.

Beyonce Knowles may have won a slew of awards at the Grammys this weekend, but she's among the nominees for Worst Actress for her role in Obsessed.
Other nominees in this category include:
Sandra Bullock in All About Steve,
Miley Cyrus in The Hannah Montana Movie,
Sarah Jessica Parker in Did You Hear About the Morgans?, and,
in a double diss-honor,
Megan Fox for both Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Jennifer's Body.

Nominees for Worst Supporting Actor include:
Billy Ray Cyrus in The Hannah Montana Movie,
Hugh Hefner (as himself!) in Miss March,
Jorma Taccone (as Cha-Ka) in Land of the Lost,
Marlon Wayans (as Ripcord) in G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, and
Edward Cullen himself, Robert Pattinson, in The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

The Razzies' Worst Supporting Actress nominees are:
Candice Bergen in Bride Wars,
Ali Larter in Obsessed,
Sienna Miller (as the Baroness) in G.I. Joe,
Kelly Preston in Old Dogs, and
Julie White (as Sam Witwicky's mom) in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

The nominees for Worst Screen Couple of 2009 include:
Any Two (or More) Jonas Brothers;
Sandra Bullock & Bradley Cooper in All About Steve;
Will Ferrell & Any Co-Star, Creature or "Comic Riff" in Land of the Lost;
Shia LaBeouf & EITHER Megan Fox OR Any Transformer in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen; and
Kristen Stewart & EITHER Robert Pattinson OR Taylor Lautner in The Twilight Saga: New Moon.

The nominees for Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel (Combined Category for 2009) are:
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen,
The Twilight Saga: New Moon,
Land of the Lost,
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and
The Pink Panther 2.

The year's Worst Director nominees are
Michael Bay (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen),
Brad Silberling (Land of the Lost),
Stephen Sommers (G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra),
Walt Becker (OLd Dogs), and
Phil Traill (All About Steve).

The Razzie nominees for the year's worst screenplay are
The Twilight Saga: New Moon,
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra,
Land of the Lost,
All About Steve and
-- you guessed it --
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

The Razzies' nominees for Worst Picture of the Decade include
Battlefield Earth,
Freddy Got Fingered,
Gigli,
I Know Who Killed Me, and
Swept Away, all of which were winners of multiple Razzies in years past.

The nominees for Worst Actor of the Decade are:
Ben Affleck (for Daredevil, Gigli, Jersey Girl, Paycheck, Surviving Christmas and Pearl Harbor);
Eddie Murphy (for Meet Dave, Imagine That, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, I Spy, Showtime, and Norbit);
Mike Myers (for The Cat in the Hat, The Love Guru);
Rob Schneider (for The Animal, The Hot Chick, Grandma's Boy, Benchwarmers, Little Man, Little Nicky, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, and Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo); and
John Travolta (for Battlefield Earth, Domestic Disturbance, Lucky Numbers, Swordfish and Old Dogs).

The nominees for Worst Actress of the Decade are all singer-actresses prone to making tabloid headlines:
Mariah Carey in Glitter;
Paris Hilton in House of Wax, The Hottie and the Nottie and Repo! The Genetic Opera;
Lindsay Lohan in Herbie: Fully Loaded, I Know Who Killed Me, and Just My Luck;
Jennifer Lopez in Angel Eyes, Enough, Gigli, Jersey Girl, Monster-in-Law, The Wedding Planner, and Maid in Manhattan; and
Madonna in Die Another Day, The Next Best Thing and Swept Away.

roshiq
02-02-2010, 12:16 AM
Why G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra & Land of the Lost got so much hatred instead of 2012? Joe & LotL wasn't that bad.

Revenge of the Fallen deserve to win most of the nominations.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-02-2010, 12:27 AM
I agree with all the nominations, New Moon is probably the least horrible movie out of the bunch.

bwind22
02-02-2010, 05:42 AM
I didn't think GI Joe was all that bad but pretty much everything else on the list is worthy of it's spot.

Land of the Lost was unbelievably bad. Will Ferrell can not carry a movie. He's just not funny enough to be the main character. He's great at supporting roles (like Old School, Austin Powers, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back or Wedding Crashers) and the movies he headlines just suck (Kicking & Screaming, Land of the Lost, Bewitched, Blades of Glory, Talladega Nights, Semi-Pro, Land of the Lost.)

novakru
02-02-2010, 07:02 AM
nobody but Will Ferrell could have played the leading role in Stranger Than Fiction. And Elf is hilarious.
He needs good direction and writers...he needs to stop taking roles putting him in the SNL box...if he did that, he could one of the best comic actors of our time...the talent is there, 'he has the funny in him'

I liked alot of these movies but since I have not seen them all, can not judge if they belong on the worst list or not.
but to each their own

novakru
02-02-2010, 08:05 AM
The SNL alums have a tough road
They are snatched up by Hollywood to reproduce some of the same comedy they became famous for.
you would think after all these years someone would realize it just doesn't WORK.
ok,The Blues Brothers is a complete exception.
But, give the guys and gals some good material and the money will come in for the Hollywood greedy untalented..

oops, not to turn this into a rant about idiotic film people..

Straker
02-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Thankfully there's plenty of that lot I haven't seen. Battlefield Earth is a worthy nominee for worst of the decade though...

bwind22
02-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Oh, I forgot about Elf. That was an excellent film. I left Stranger than Fiction off because it's an entirely different kind of comedy than his usual fare (but better than the majority of his lead roles.)

Step Brothers was pretty funny, but I left that one out because it was a shared lead and he wasn't attempting to carry the whole movie himself.

I'm afraid the only people that enjoyed Ricky Bobby are probably Nascar fans, which I'm not. Perhaps if I had a little more insight in to the sport, I might have found it funnier, but for me that film was just pretty lame.

bwind22
02-02-2010, 10:34 AM
I also despise Nascar, far more than I disliked the film. I don't know... I didn't like it all. Will Ferrell just wasn't funny enough to carry the film. Until a few people spoke up in this thread, I wasn't really aware of anyone that really liked the film. (Sure, there were a few funny parts here and there, but overall, I thought it came up pretty lame.)

bwind22
02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Also, I forgot Anchorman in my list. That was actually pretty funny, but there was a great supporting cast that made it work for me.

Doc Faustus
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM
And was amazing in Walk Hard, which is one of the best satires of biopics that I've ever seen.

novakru
02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
All these movies did have funny PARTS...but to sit and watch it...all of them seemed way too long, I wouldn't have watched them if it had been my choice.

My daughter asked me what my favorite comedy was this morning and nothing came to mind. Austin Powers floated through my head but was cast aside because it was funny in PARTS.
Comedy might consider staying in bit parts and on stage...I personally do not always enjoy sitting that long waiting to laugh.

This is one I really need to go through my movie list and see which comic movies that got anything over 3 stars..

bwind22
02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
My daughter asked me what my favorite comedy was this morning and nothing came to mind.

Have you seen Big Lebowski? That's my favorite comedy.

novakru
02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Have you seen Big Lebowski? That's my favorite comedy.

That was a very decent flick....but still, did have me waiting...it could surly go on my list though.

roshiq
03-09-2010, 03:10 AM
The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation have announced the “dis-hours” for the year in film that was 2009. Dis-honorees were determined by mailing ballots to 657 voters in 47 U.S. states and 19 foreign countries.

Worst Picture of 2009: Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Worst Actress of 2009: Sandra Bullock (ALL ABOUT STEVE)

Worst Actor(s) of 2009: All Three Jonas Brothers (JONAS BROTHERS: THE 3-D CONCERT EXPERIENCE)

Worst Screen Couple: Sandra Bullock & Bradley Cooper (ALL ABOUT STEVE)

Worst Supporting Actress: Sienna Miller (G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA)

Worst Supporting Actor: Billy Ray Cyrus (HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE)

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel
(Combined Category for 2009): Land of The Lost
(UNIVERSAL PICTURES)

Worst Director: Michael Bay (TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN)

Worst Screenplay: Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
(WRITTEN BY EHREN KRUGER & ROBERTO ORCI & ALEX KURTZMAN,
BASED ON HASBRO’S TRANSFORMERS ACTION FIGURES)

Worst Picture of the Decade:
Battlefield Earth
NOMINATED FOR 10 RAZZIES/ “WINNER” OF 8
(INCLUDING WORST DRAMA OF OUR FIRST 25 YRS)

Worst Actor of the Decade:
Eddie Murphy
NOMINATED FOR 12 “ACHIEVEMENTS” / “WINNER” OF 3 RAZZIES
ADVENTURES OF PLUTO NASH, I SPY, IMAGINE THAT,
MEET DAVE, NORBIT, SHOWTIME.

Worst Actress of the decade
Paris Hilton
NOMINATED FOR 5 “ACHIEVEMENTS,” “WINNER” OF 4 RAZZIES
THE HOTTIE & THE NOTTIE, HOUSE OF WHACKS,
REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA

Glad to see Transformers 2 won those awards...it surely deserves.

But why Sienna Miller as WSA?! she was hot in GI Joe, liked her in that outfit.:o

Source: 30th Annual Razzie Award Winners Announced (http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/03/07/30th-annual-razzie-award-winners-announced/)

fuglystick
03-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Even if you don't like her, you've got to hand it to Bullock for being a good sport and going to the awards.

I'm sure the Oscar didn't hurt either.

_____V_____
03-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Even if you don't like her, you've got to hand it to Bullock for being a good sport and going to the awards.

I'm sure the Oscar didn't hurt either.

After all, how many actors/actresses have won the Best AND the Worst Awards in the SAME year anyway? ;)

neverending
03-09-2010, 06:41 AM
They certainly got the worst actor of the decade right as well. Maybe if he keeps making awful, offensive movies Eddie Murphy can eventually get a lifetime achievement award for worst actor ever.

Elvis_Christ
03-09-2010, 10:59 PM
They certainly got the worst actor of the decade right as well. Maybe if he keeps making awful, offensive movies Eddie Murphy can eventually get a lifetime achievement award for worst actor ever.

Do you like his earlier movies like Trading Places and 48 Hrs? His later stuff definitely is fucking shit for the most part but older stuff is decent IMO.

neverending
03-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Yah, he made some great movies early on, but crap like Norbit is just pathetic.

scouse mac
03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
All these movies did have funny PARTS...but to sit and watch it...all of them seemed way too long, I wouldn't have watched them if it had been my choice.

My daughter asked me what my favorite comedy was this morning and nothing came to mind. Austin Powers floated through my head but was cast aside because it was funny in PARTS.
Comedy might consider staying in bit parts and on stage...I personally do not always enjoy sitting that long waiting to laugh.

This is one I really need to go through my movie list and see which comic movies that got anything over 3 stars..

Monty Pythons Life of Brian

Blazing Saddles

Team America World Police

All three worthy of 5 out of five

As Sandra Bullock said about her Razzie and Oscar, they would both take pride of place in her living room as its all about the balance. She's a good'un