PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2 (Zombie's Version)

infernalhale
01-25-2010, 01:38 PM
After seeing the first one, I opted not to watch the second.

infernalhale
01-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Myers ate a black dog's heart and roared when he killed people.

Yeah, no thanks.

Doc Faustus
01-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I opted out of this one after hearing from someone who likes Rob Zombie a lot that it's a mess and a waste of money. House of a Thousand Corpses is amazing, a great commentary on horror in the American landscape, though it made me wish he'd stop fawning over Tobe Hooper and be his own man. In Devil's Rejects this genuinely seemed to be happening and in Halloween he had an honest-to-god aesthetic of his own, wrong though it occasionally was for the project. Still, I felt Halloween didn't bode well for H2. I think now that Rob Zombie is a specific thing, a definable quality, he needs to make an effort to become an even more distinctive thing or maybe a different thing entirely. So, to you two, I seriously pose the question does H2 seem like a step in the right or the wrong direction?

FreddyMyers
01-26-2010, 06:13 AM
I wanna say that he purposely F'd it up so Hollywood would stop doing fucking remakes and come up with some of there own ideas. Thats also why most good horror of recent years is coming from other countrys.

Chris_Morey
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Now we just have to wait to see how bad the Freddy remake is...

dkwrtw
01-26-2010, 12:15 PM
I have no intention of watching the Freddy remake, how can they have it without Englund???

dkwrtw
01-26-2010, 12:57 PM
not that Englund was too great of an actor, but he's Freddy, I hate seeing someone else replace him, I fucking hate remakes in general.