PDA

View Full Version : The best Carnival / Funhouse based horror film in the last ten years

Montatro
10-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Hello, just wondering what your opinions are on the best Carnival or Funhouse based horror film of the last decade.

Post your favorite horror flick that fits this description.

I have seen the classic Carnival / Circus horror films all of which are very good, however, it seems all of them from the last decade are god awful.

Thanks for your feedback.

newb
10-16-2009, 07:50 AM
last decade?......can only think of one...Dark Ride http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433963/

it was...meh.....could have been better

The Funhouse [1981] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082427/

is one of my favs. some think it too slow but I just love the atmosphere of it.

Montatro
10-16-2009, 08:05 AM
I agree man, Funhouse was awesome. I haven't seen the one you listed so i'll check it out.

I really hope someone comes out with an awesome circus horror film soon and does it right.

p1zl3
10-16-2009, 07:19 PM
...the past decade? Damn.

I was gonna say Killer Klowns from Outer Space or Clownhouse, but since you want material from the past 10-years I'ma have to say... nothing. There hasn't been anything even remotely decent with a running carnival/circus theme.

...Zombieland had a theme-park carnival kinda place at the end... :rolleyes:

neverending
10-16-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm waiting for him to make the post about finding this amazing new funhouse based horror film that just came out....

Doc Faustus
10-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Where did your faith in people go? Maybe this guy happens to be a legitimate fan of Funhouse Massacre 3 or Cabinet of Dr. Caligari 2: The Caligarinning or the straight to DVD Killer Klownz from Outer Space 2: Klownz in Da Hood!

Clockwork Black
10-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Honestly, I thought it was going to be somebody pushing Amusement.

If you havnt seen it, dont.

Montatro
10-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Honestly, I thought it was going to be somebody pushing Amusement.

If you havnt seen it, dont.

Amusement started off with potential and then slowly but surely turned into one of the biggest pos clown films in quite some time.

It's pretty clear that no such decent amusement park themed horror film exists in the last decade that is worth watching.

That's unfortunate, hopefully someone will come out with something soon. It is amazing that so many top of the line amusement / circus films existed yet now all films made in this particular setting are a disgrace to the genre.

Ferox13
10-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Well there was always Captain Spaldings MURDER RIDE...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/TheDevilsRejects1000Corpses/Cutter%20AKA%20Captain%20Spaulding/MurderRideStart.jpg

Clockwork Black
10-17-2009, 09:20 AM
I really liked Carnavale. It was an HBO series. Not horror, offbeat though. Wish it had stayed on a year or two more.

Doc Faustus
10-17-2009, 10:51 AM
I think the best carnival themed horror/just all around dark films are Freaks, Nightmare Alley and Carnival of Souls.

TwistedWitch
10-25-2009, 07:01 AM
Oooo Carnival Of Souls - there's a movie I haven't seen in such a long time - think I'll be adding it to my Halloween movie night list ! Does 'House of 1000 Corpses count? Loved that movie! And also as already mentioned Funhouse! :)